SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : The Early Years of the Tongues Movement An Historical Survey and its Lessons By G. H. Lang

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
ArthurRosh

The Early Years of the Tongues Movement An Historical Survey and its Lessons By G. H. Lang

The Early Years of the Tongues Movement

An Historical Survey and its Lessons

By G. H. Lang

http://www.banner.org.uk/tb/lang.html

2020/1/26 19:19Profile
Lysa

This world is not my home anymore.

Re: The Early Years of the Tongues Movement

It does preface it with this:
"This work, by G.H.Lang (NOT G.D. Lang) is very useful and interesting. Not only does it give priceless first-hand information about the Azuza Street Revival and the early "tongues movement" but it exposes the manifestations and doctrinal errors that were appearing even then. Lang is not opposed to Baptism in the Spirit nor to tongues, and nor am I. Lang makes it plain at the outset that he is not antagonistic to the Movement. "

The title is a bit bothersome (to me), reading "the tongues movement" hasn't set right with me! :)

The gift of tongues has been here since the upper room, so to me, that is not a movement. I would dare to say that the gifts of the Spirit has always been in operation on this earth, even during the Dark Ages.

I'm going to go read the rest!
God bless you Art!

2020/1/26 19:48Profile
docs

Re:

It started in Jerusalem and came from heaven!

2020/1/27 0:12Profile
Gloryandgrace

Snoqualmie, WA

Re:

I appreciate articles like this one. I am sold out 100% on tongues and gifts...but the false, the sham, the religious flesh needs to be called out and repented of.

2020/1/29 13:49Profile

Re:

I fully agree, Marvin.

2020/1/29 15:19

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy