SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : What would it take for people to repent or for a revival

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

What would it take for people to repent or for a revival

In venezuela and Iran they are experiencing a revival
I always wonder what it would take to wake people up

When people thought that Iraq had nuclear weapons , people in the UK thought about death

It is so sad in the UK as in total i handed out 20 tracts and there was an evangelist who struggled.

I have been handing out tracts for ten years or more and it has never been so hard because of online shopping and people working on the weekends

So the footfall on the street has been less but not only that people just don't care

People are so apethetic , even if you have lots of people they may not want to hear

To me it would take a nuclear disaster before they turn to Jesus

What saddens me it is like because we have a prime minister who believes in Brexit or because we have got a non globalist president such as trump that everything is ok

It is like things are ok because of the political situation

When you see churches closing, Christian bookshops.
Then you have groups like the apostasy of groups such as bethel church and other and prosperity gospel

The sad thing is in the UK Christianity is mocked on the BBC then even if people were interested they would run into people who after money more than salvation

Then they are vaccinated by the religious education system in England which is almost like poison to the young people

I wish in hemel that i could go somewhere else and go to another town but i know it is the same around the UK

Would it take a nuclear disaster to wake people up

Even if God judged people through the weather they would just say it is climate change

2020/1/25 11:59Profile
savannah

Re: What would it take for people to repent or for a revival

OP asks,

"What would it take for people to repent or for a revival"

The hand of the Lord was on me, and he brought me out by the Spirit of the Lord and set me in the middle of a valley; it was full of bones. He led me back and forth among them, and I saw a great many bones on the floor of the valley, bones that were very dry. He asked me, “Son of man, can these bones live?”

I said, “Sovereign Lord, you alone know.”

Then he said to me, “Prophesy to these bones and say to them, ‘Dry bones, hear the word of the Lord! This is what the Sovereign Lord says to these bones: I will make breath a enter you, and you will come to life. I will attach tendons to you and make flesh come upon you and cover you with skin; I will put breath in you, and you will come to life. Then you will know that I am the Lord.’ ” Ezekiel 37:1-6

-—------------------------------

“He answered, ‘Then I beg you, father, send Lazarus to my family, for I have five brothers. Let him warn them, so that they will not also come to this place of torment.’

“Abraham replied, ‘They have Moses and the Prophets; let them listen to them.’

” ‘No, father Abraham,’ he said, ‘but if someone from the dead goes to them, they will repent.’

“He said to him, ‘If they do not listen to Moses and the Prophets, they will not be convinced even if someone rises from the dead.’ ” (Luke 16:27-31)

"Then Jesus looking upon them said, For men it is impossible, but not for God because all things are possible for God." Mark 10:27

2020/1/25 22:40Profile
Elibeth

Dominic,
Thank you for this important , timely and insightful subject.

WHY , and how does this come about ?

Is there an underlying desire for change, but a lacking of power to do anything about it ?....

Is it a thing of ‘the mind’, The heart ? ... ....

And is there a solution,.. a provision provided by God ?...
—————

* complacency, ..(unconcerned) ...

*sleepiness,.. needing to be AWAKENED out of sleep !! .....
Is the whole, of The world ‘asleep’ ? ...

But what can arouse out of sleep ? ...
————-

* Addiction ?,..... But what is the addiction ?....

** Can it be just everything ‘earthly’ ? ...
.... something acting as a gravity that is pulling us down to the ‘earth’ ? ...

......things that are ‘drawing our heart away from the things of God,..
————-
Rom.8:5-8,
“Romans 8:5-8 (KJV) 5 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.

6 For to be carnally minded [is] death; but to be spiritually minded [is] life and peace.

7 Because the carnal mind [is] enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.”
—————
Continual desire and over involvement w/ things of The world,.. this life.
Worldly minded...

Could it even be the continuous peering into the telephone, for news or any worldly/ earthly things that occupies time, mind,/heart,.? ........addicted.
—————-

Phil.3:18-21,
“(For many walk, of whom I have told you often, and now tell you even weeping, that they are the enemies of the cross of Christ:

19 Whose end is destruction, whose God is their belly, and whose glory is in their shame, who mind earthly things.)

20 For our conversation is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ:

21 Who shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto his glorious body, according to the working whereby HE IS ABLE even to subdue all things unto himself.“
—————-
But why did Paul say, ‘we look for the Savior ’ ? ... wasn’t Paul initially saved ?

So here is our hope,.. our solution,.. :

“that whosoever shall call upon the Name of The Lord shall be saved”

.....but what does a savior do ? He continues to save us, if we call upon His Name. ( If we call upon ‘whatever that Name stands for/ whatever is in His Name) ... the whole Word of God.)...whatever is in His righteous Name.
————
And why did Paul say “whose God is their belly ?”
Would that be our ‘appetite’ ? .... what our hearts desire, ,.. souls craves
after?

—————
And why did Paul say, “they are enemies of the cross of Christ’ ?
(We know ‘ the cross of Christ’ is a death)

Could it be because of refusing to die daily to self ? ... ( doing flesh will )

————-
What is ‘revival’ ?
Is it when our soul is revived, and another soul is revived, and another soul is drawn to the things of God, through The God that is continually working in us ?
————-
Oil,.. ?
—————
elizabeth

*I appreciated your Scripture thought as well, Savannah

2020/1/26 2:40Profile
drifter

Campbell River, B.C.

I don't think anything but the conviction of the Holy Spirit will ever change people. I have literally seen people at the point of death who wouldn't repent.

Revelation 16:8,9 "And the fourth angel poured out his vial upon the sun; and power was given unto him to scorch men with fire. And men were scorched with great heat, and blasphemed the name of God, which hath power over these plagues: and they repented not to give him glory."

2020/1/26 8:01Profile

Re:

This is the first I have heard of revival in Venezuela. Any links to credible ministry reports?

I have read of a Pentecostal megachurch in Caracas. However, size doe not necessarily equate good spiritual health, as exemplified by so many "prosperity gospel" megachurches in North America.

Nevertheless, here is a 2019 article translated from Spanish:

Pastor Carlos Vielma, spokesman for the Pentecostal Christian churches and vice president of Unicristiana de Venezuela, together with Pastor Arnaldo Araque, coordinator of the national network of Christian communicators, deny in an interview with the newspaper El Universal, accusations of Brigadier General Roberto González Cárdenas , who assured in the program Dossier, of Venezolana de Televisión (VTV), that Christian churches in the country are religious sects financed by the CIA.

Given these accusations Carlos Vielma, he reiterated that “it is absolutely false that Christian and evangelical churches are doing intelligence work for the interests of the United States under the missions facade.” He said that the Evangelical Pentecostal Church in Venezuela is over 100 years old "We are governed by law and we are mostly registered in the justice and worship department, in the Ministry of Justice and Peace," he said.

In that sense, he affirmed that "the work of the Christian community has been precisely to reach the most vulnerable sectors, neighborhoods and any place where reality can be transformed with the message of life and hope and with social work that have characterized them in all communities, including penitentiaries "; "We are not a cult as he pointed out," they added.

He indicated that most of the congregations belonging to this church have the permission to function, and they do "a spiritual work of social love in this serious crisis that the nation is experiencing." He said that the State recognizes them as an ecclesiastical institution.

He finally pointed out that it is totally false that church leaders are in indigenous areas "as spies with missionary covers" as the general said.

The communiqué of the Union of Christian Churches of Venezuela:
We cannot begin this statement except by affirming the complete, absolute and total ignorance that this soldier has of the history, idiosyncrasy and lifestyle of the evangelical people in Venezuela and Latin America.

If something has characterized us throughout our existence, it is our spirit of service and solidarity with those most in need, our passion to share our faith in the work and person of our Lord Jesus Christ in all strata of society, which has allowed today we have a presence in every corner of Venezuela, in neighborhoods, urbanizations, hills or ditches, hamlets and cities; This is allowing us, at this time, to have a parishioner that already exceeds 20% of our population, scattered in the thousands of churches established in the places where we have arrived with our prediction of redemption of the human being, and with our service of helps the sick in hospitals, homeless people, children and adolescents at risk, the hungry and the naked, the incarcerated and their families; and the most beautiful of all this, which makes us feel almost proud, is that, almost entirely, our churches sustain themselves economically through the voluntary contributions of their parishioners, and there are very few who could be receiving contributions from churches or sister organizations abroad (which or is a crime), or a government on duty.

2020/1/26 8:45
jochbaptist

Bro Dominic

You really have to stop your whining.

Check this out -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZ-0ZTD1K8o

Maybe it will remind you of what is available to you every second of every day.
Snap out of it and strengthen yourself in the Lord.

Blessings

2020/1/27 2:06Profile
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Re:

I am not whining i am just saying how it is
I would love for the churches to be fall and for people to be saved from hell

2020/1/27 12:47Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

I have asked the same question: what would it take for a revival to happen in our community, our country?

I do not know the answer to your question but have noted some observations from history.

1. It will likely begin in a small community away from the limelight.

2. It will shake the church structure as we know it.

3. God will expose sin that will rock peoples' trust in their leadership.

The end result will be an heightened awareness of sin and the awfulness of it. There is right now an ongoing exposure of sin in the conservative Anabaptist community. People are angry, upset and teaching is coming forth that we have not heard - ever. There is a separating of the sheep from the goats. And it is interesting - if one wants to call it that - to see how it is working. It is upsetting, in the least, but knowing God is in control does calm the concerned Believer.

So, maybe, what we are seeing globally is God is working to destroy man's security, confidence in structures managed by power entities that are at its core self-serving and this includes the "church".

Powerful lesson here.

My observation.

Sandra

2020/1/27 13:51Profile
JFW

Dothan, Alabama

A revelation of the Holiness of God 🙏🏻

2020/1/27 15:29Profile
davidkeel

West Sussex, England

I don't know what you are like for preaching. But this is about the other side of preaching.
It is hard to find preachers on the streets that are coming across as having a care for the lost and compassion for the sinful. I do get most of my ideas about this from YouTube I must admit. But also from having matured into realizing Gods love for people and how we should forgive others. But you can see people wanting to speak with the preacher on these videos who aren't allowed to interrupt them.
Witnessing one to one has more benefits. I would advise most preachers to stop preaching out loud in the street and just do one to one for a couple of years to get it drilled into their mind that they can't be detached from the plight of the lost. And learn how to communicate and practice the fulfillment of the verse. Be ready to give an answer to him who asks.

Most of the time.. Possibly it's the preachers who are at fault. As they are talking AT people and not TO them in sincerity of heart . They more likely have a desire to do what they believe to be the will of God by standing there preaching. Another problem is just standing handing out tracts and hoping people will read the message without really telling people what Jesus has done for us.
Like I say I don't know what people on here are like in their preaching.
The first thing that struck me when I got saved after listening to a man standing on a box preaching was the sincerity and belief of what he was saying inside of him.
I just thought I would add this.

2020/1/28 5:10Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy