SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Fasting and feasting

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
enid

Nottingham, England

Fasting and feasting

One brother from Ghana was visiting a friend of mine in the states and he was here for about a week.

And he went to every meeting that this brother went to. Church meetings, fellowship meetings and different things.

And he said, "No wonder God is not moving in your country. All we do is fast, all you do is feast."

From a talk by Dr Michael Brown.

2020/1/23 10:50Profile
JFW

Dothan, Alabama

Re: Fasting and feasting

Sister Enid,

Thank you for sharing this🙏🏻

Sunday marks the end of our church wide 21days of prayer and fasting -
I can honestly say, while it’s to my shame, the Lord has been able to gain much ground in my heart. Its to my shame in that the fasting didn't cause Him to move so much as it prepared a way for Him to...
by clearing out the distractions and quieting (starving) all the competing voices, His voice became much clearer and each time I responded, His was able to gain ground advancing His cause in my life, home, family, business, etc...

So I tend to agree with our African brother,... we’re gonna be full on something- either the world or the Lord ~

2020/1/24 9:39Profile
Lysa

This world is not my home anymore.

Prayer and Fasting; the Cure of Unbelief

Matthew 17:18–21
18 And Jesus rebuked the demon, and it came out of him; and the child was cured from that very hour.
19 Then the disciples came to Jesus privately and said, “Why could we not cast it out?”
20 So Jesus said to them, “Because of your unbelief; for assuredly, I say to you, that if you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there’, and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you.
21 However, this kind does not go out except by prayer and fasting.

Verse 21, is not talking about “this kind” being epilepsy or any other disease because throughout Matt, Mark, Luke and John, he healed “ALL diseases.”

He told the disciples in verse 20 that it was because of the THEIR UNBELIEF that they couldn’t cure the boy in verse 16 (So I brought him to Your disciples, but they could not cure him).

In Andrew Murray’s book, “With Christ in the School of Prayer,” the thirteenth lesson is titled, “Prayer and Fasting;’ the Cure of Unbelief.”

Jesus could not do any mighty works in his hometown of Nazareth because of unbelief.

Do a word study to see what unbelief keeps from us. If you struggle with unbelief in your life, I recommend fasting along with your prayers!

I say the following to only encourage those who are scared of fasting. Say you eat after church on Sunday and you don’t eat the rest of the day, then you sleep 8 hours and then next morning you’ve fasted 16 hours! If you decide to fast till Monday at dinner then you’ve fasted 28 hours! Read your Bible and/or pray in place of eating.

If you do this every single week, just think what God can do in your life getting rid of the unbelief!!

God bless you all!
Lysa

PS: I would encourage you to not watch TV or any input from the world during fasting. You may have to work up to it!! :) God bless you.

2020/1/25 13:42Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy