SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : a Sermonindex campmeeting?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread

a Sermonindex campmeeting?

Today I was speaking with my mentor, on the unique nature of this "church", this community, and he brought up the great point of how this community must not substitute for the actual meeting of the saints, and I just wanted to put this out there:

why not pray and think about, reflect on, having and hosting an old fashioned, Holy Ghost campmeeting for the sermonindex community for next year?

just a thought.

2005/7/14 21:20

Re: a Sermonindex campmeeting?

I'd be for it. ;)

Alot of planning involved...lol.

2005/7/14 22:21
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
why not pray and think about, reflect on, having and hosting an old fashioned, Holy Ghost campmeeting for the sermonindex community for next year?

This idea has been prayed about much and still discussed by myself and others. I do think it would be good to do but in God's timing. I would ask that nobody arranges meetings to happen, it would be something that myself and others would have to plan and organize. The main reason for this is accountability to ensure that the meeting is appropriate in all regards. I have been asking some speakers that we listen to on the site if they would be willing to speak at an event like this. My hope is to have an 2 day conference where possibly 4-5 speakers from SermonIndex even a few more would share in sessions.

The goal would be to have no cost for the event, there would have to be an venue that could be secured freely or by the free-will donation of someone on SI. Also the speakers would not be paid to speak and would have to pay for board or possibly a loaction could be setup for them to stay. If this does work out it would definetly be of God. I am willing to hear ideas of how and what but do understand I won't condone anyone on SI trying to arrange an "meeting" and advertise it here on SI. I hope this is clear.

2005/7/14 23:33Profile

Re:

Thanks for stating that ;) (not for me, im too busy to do such a thing, but always good to be 'safe')

There are probly numerous businesses that would be willing to help pay for such an event. Once when you pick a place time, and speakers. Just present to the managers 'hey will you be willing to pay the cost of .....$? or part?' (you live in cali....there is ALOT of money there..lol more than tampa...so i bet naturally it would be God to pay for that) But to have some of the speakers that are on this site, for free, THAT would be God. Not trying to be like negative or nothing, its just 'first time'...'not sure on the amount of people' ..etc.. So like it would be tough to get some 'big' people in our eyes...like Ray and such. (Again, not trying to be negative, just saying that if some people were to come for free, that would ONLY be God's doing).

Encouraging idea, even if it doesn't happen soon. Still lifts me up 8-)

2005/7/14 23:41

Greg

Quote:
I won't condone anyone on SI trying to arrange an "meeting" and advertise it here on SI. I hope this is clear.

abundantly.

you have nothing to worry about from me. I have always had a yearning to attend and worship the Lord at an old fashioned Holy Ghost camp meeting, and was just giving voice to this yearning.

I have little to no interest in attending a "conference".

2005/7/15 0:34
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re: Greg

"old fashioned Holy Ghost camp meeting" - I think we are going past each other on definitions. Using the word conference, all I mean by that is a place where christians come together to fellowship and hear some men of God share their heart and also having times of worship.

camp meetings I believe are essentially the same thing where there are a few speakers and times worship? I am not looking to replicate "old" things but just have Christian worship and teaching (preaching) how it was meant to be to bless the body.

2005/7/15 0:43Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Just to clarify further also brother, I am just trying to guard against anyone trying to moblize or get an attendance to meet from this website. If there is to be a bigger event it would have to be mobilized by myself and the moderator staff. It is great to talk about the yearning for a large meeting of believers but I think it would only make sense to talk about it in depth if there was to be a meeting.

I know there are many from this site that would love to meet in this capacity. Also in regards to announcing events they all have to be done through the moderator staff on the forums.

2005/7/15 0:47Profile

Re:

I understand, and I know you don't know me, but I would never run ahead of Godly leadership, or goof with another bro's ministry....never.

2005/7/15 0:55
philologos

Reading, UK

Re:

We had our own versions of the Camp Meetings here in the UK with an amazing group called the Primitive Methodists. If you want to find out more look for William Clowes and Hugh Bourne. Their impact on the UK in the early 1800s was astounding.

As much as I would love to see such a 'Camp Meeting' I think Neil's friend probably had something else in mind when he spoke of the need of meeting face to face. I love SI and I know that some regard it as their 'church'; it cannot fulfil that role. The face to face -ness and the personal accountability will never be possible on the Net; neither will the sense of waiting on God in company with other saints.

SI is a wonderful 'thing' but don't let it hinder your search for a people who the terms of the Acts might be called 'their own company'. 'home' is not always comfortable but God's declared plan is to set the solitary in families.

Another thing to bear in mind is that SI is much wider than North America and the folk farthest from North America are likely to be the ones with the least financial ability to get there.

However I still like the idea of a Camp Meeting or several...

2005/7/15 2:48Profile
Eli_Barnabas

Cache Valley, Utah

Re:

I know I would love to meet all you wonderful saints!

2005/7/15 8:39Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy