SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : THE MAN IN CHRIST: AN ISTRAELITE INDEED

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
BruisedReed3

Nigeria

THE MAN IN CHRIST: AN ISTRAELITE INDEED

10th January
MORNING CONTEMPLATION
TOPIC: THE MAN IN CHRIST: AN ISTRAELITE INDEED
TEXT: JOHN 1:47

''Jesus saw Nathanael coming to him, and saith of him, Behold an Israelite indeed, in whom is no guile.''

The Christian man labours not for acceptance with God: he rather labours from acceptance,--he is an accepted being! He fights not for life, but fights from life; he seeks not for life, but he gives life! This specie of man needs no light wherein to walk, but he is light himself. He has no righteousness in himself, save that which is in another: that righteousness which he possessed inherently is as a filthy rag, this he has long relinquished and obtained--not attained--another.

This man lives by dying; he gets by giving; when reviled, he entreats; when persecuted, he prays for his persecutors; his boast lies in the record or witness that his conscience bears upon him. 1 cor. 1:12; He shuttles between time and eternity: he speaks in time and to time from the shore of eternity. From the hight of eternity,--that celestial mount,--he beholds everything on earth as vanity, a vexation of spirit. He inhales and exhales the fresh breath of eternity. He lives on what cannot be seen.

This exalted human, judges or walks not by what his physical eyes see: his creed is, 'I walk not by sight, but by faith!' Who is blind as this man: yet who sees like him! Nothing on this terrestrial ball can satisfy him; he has no space for things temporal: for matters celestial has occupied his whole being; no external stormy gale can disquiet him; he is indwelt by the prince of peace.

This Israelite indeed, has learned in all things and places to be content: he knows how to abound, both in plenty and scarcity. He lives not by bread alone! He can never be overcome! Nothing can make him stumble! Angels announce, 'against such, we cannot come: we are but wired to bring services to such a one! We are to mind him lest he dash his foot against the stones and we, thereby, invite the frown of the great Mornach of heaven!' Heb. 1:14

Those angels that fell from their first estate to team up behind Lucifer, say, 'We cannot bring any charge against such, yes, no charge can be prefered against him: for he has an advocate before the bar of universal justice; He that is the Judge, double also as the advocate. He is marked with the most tormenting blood-which speaks reconciliation for him, but condemnation against us! There is a transparent wall of fire around him and all that appatained to him. Touch him and you touch the foundation of the earth. Offend him and you unsettled the heavens and the earth. All things work and must work for his good. All things are his: death, life, angels, everything!'

This is an Israelite indeed, in whom there is no guile! He is the light of the world; the salt of the earth! Indispensable to any society; useful and serviceable to all mankind! Oh that I might die the death of the righteous! An Istraelite indeed!

''O blessed life ! the heart at rest,
When all without tumultuous seems,
That trusts a higher will, and deems
That higher will, not mine, the best.

O life ! how blessed, how divine !
High life, the earnest of a higher !
Saviour, fulfil my deep desire,
And let this blessed life be mine.'' Amen

2020/1/9 23:58Profile
Elibeth

Re: THE MAN IN CHRIST: AN ISTRAELITE INDEED

This is remarkable,...yes.

God bless His Word unto our hearts to hunger and thirst after Him,.. alone.
—————

Thank you Brother, ( brother/sister ? )
————-
elizabeth

2020/1/10 4:46Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy