SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Hear Me Lord, Finding Intimacy Again with God

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Hear Me Lord, Finding Intimacy Again with God

“Hear me, Lord, and answer me, for I am poor and needy” – Psalm 86:1

As days go by in our life here on earth so many times our focus gets fixed on something transient and passing. Daily cares of life, all the needs and desires of others in our lives, even our own ambitions, and goals sometimes cloud the vision for what really matters. Remember when you started to know the Lord, the day you bowed your knee and spoke with your Lord who redeemed you? Remember the awe in your heart for Him who died for you? How sitting at his feet for hours was easy? We all can drift from this intimate focus on the Lord, where our hearts desire was for Him to just hear us and answer. Where we had a poor and needy attitude of being poor in spirit (Matthew 5:3). If you have drifted from this goal, you can still put your main aim to know Jesus more intimately, He is waiting for you.

There is a wonderful contemporary song that captures some of the heart of being a friend with Jesus but still having great fear and awe in what He did for us, here are some of the lyrics:

Wonderful, merciful Saviour
Precious Redeemer and Friend
Who would’ve thought that a Lamb could
Rescue the souls of men
Oh, You rescue the souls of men

Here in our weakness You find us
Falling before Your throne
Oh, we’re falling before Your throne

Today, set your heart back to the place where you first found Him. Not in just Bible reading, or in ministry endeavours or other Christian things, but in that place where you sat at the feet of Jesus (Luke 10:39) for Him alone. One day we will bow at His feet in heaven in adoration. Let us also now be found at His feet in intimate worship and relationship.

Lord, I bow today before Your feet, I look to Your face and just long to hear words from Your mouth. Forgive me for being so distracted with other things. Precious Lord let me know You more intimately day after day until I see you soon. Amen.

2020/1/1 7:22Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re: Hear Me Lord, Finding Intimacy Again with God

“Lord, I bow today before Your feet, I look to Your face and just long to hear words from Your mouth. Forgive me for being so distracted with other things. Precious Lord let me know You more intimately day after day until I see you soon. Amen.”

Amen!

2020/1/1 8:29Profile
docs

Re:

Not that it's entirely gone but restoring, increasing and maintaining intimacy with the Father. It's probably my number one desire right now. And the ever gracious, ever present, ever willing Holy Spirit has been sent to help us. If we will the Father will. Take a step toward Him and He will take two toward us. Help us o gracious Lord.

2020/1/1 17:36Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
Not that it's entirely gone but restoring, increasing and maintaining intimacy with the Father. It's probably my number one desire right now.

Amen brother a great pursuit!

2020/1/1 19:55Profile
leyoung

Re:

Thanks for precious reminder.
Take me back to the feet of Jesus once again. To listen, to love and be loved by my Savior.
L

2020/1/3 9:31Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy