Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : Books of enoch

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Azulfire

Washington state

Books of enoch

I'am currently reading the books of enoch that is on this site, I'am curious How were these manuscripts preserved? or are these just bible fiction? an allegory? thankyou michelle :-(

2005/7/14 17:23Profile
JaySaved

Kentucky

Re: Books of enoch

Where are the books of Enoch on this site?

2005/7/14 18:43Profile

Re:

I can't spell what it is. Psydiprha. or something. Like Apocrapha means 'hidden or secret' and Psydiprha means 'false writings'. I believe Enoch falls under the Psydiprha writings.

There are historical knowledge in both Apocrapha and Psydiprha, but Psydiprha isn't great on accuracy for even historical stuff.

I read 4 books (4 chapters....each book was one chapter) of the Apocrapha, cause i was bored, and it truly helped me. Not spiritually, but more so like confirming that our bible is truly divine. (I found alot of error in them and it motivated me to read the bible more)

2005/7/14 22:25
Azulfire

Washington state

Re:

I have also read the aprocypha and am very familer with those books as well , yes they are good stories.....but i am speaking of are the books of enoch, which the book of "jude" makes refernce to enoch's prophecies..... and scripture in the OT, there is refernce to angels marrying women and of giants......i'am not advocating that the book of enoch is true or not true.....perhaps it is another book that is full of anceint fables with good stories of biblical truths .....put in allegory fashion.
Michelle

2005/7/15 10:57Profile

Re:

One commentary i read on the 'book of enoch' quote in Jude. They said 'Paul wasn't saying that the book of enoch was inspired by God, but instead maybe saying that these verses were'.

And i stand on that. 8-)

2005/7/15 11:07
Azulfire

Washington state

Re:

Aww good point.....wise to say :-)

2005/7/15 11:25Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy