SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : OBEDIENCE - WORSHIP

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Onesimus4God

Chapala, Jalisco, Mexico

OBEDIENCE - WORSHIP

Gen_22:5 And Abraham said unto his young men, Abide ye here with the ass; and I and the lad will go yonder and worship, and come again to you.

Most folks are familiar with the story that this text is taken from. Isaac was a MIRACLE child, born of two old folks whose procreation life had long since come to an end.

The gripping revelation of this text has several dimensions. Did Abraham LIE to the young men who accompanied him? NO! He knew he was taking his son to offer to HAYAH as a sacrifice. He called this "sacrifice", WORSHIP. What a profound word to use, and how DIFFERENT the definition of it's use in context with our verse here, and the modern day "version" of the term WORSHIP.

The Abrahamic version of worship put as much demand on the human heart as it could possibly stand. Adam and Eve had been asked to only not eat of forbidden fruit of one particular tree. Here, HAYAH has asked of Abraham to slay his long awaited and only son. The very joy of his existence. Sacrificed as WORSHIP. In HIS mind, HE knew that if the life of Isaac was a miracle, that even if his son were slain and burned before HAYAH, HAYAH was able to raise his son up again out of the ashes.

Heb 11:17 By faith Abraham, when he was tried, offered up Isaac: and he that had received the promises offered up his only begotten son,
Heb 11:18 Of whom it was said, That in Isaac shall thy seed be called:
Heb 11:19 Accounting that God was able to raise him up, even from the dead; from whence also he received him in a figure.

Has your "faith" been tried? Proven? By your OBEDIENCE?

Oh how we often pass off this dramatic and profound worship. We calmly parrot "Abraham believed GOD and it was counted to him as righteousness", because Abraham had faith in GOD and became the father of our faith. REALLY?

Abraham was the father of WORSHIP. OBEDIENCE/WORSHIP! FAITH is evidenced by OBEDIENCE. No OBEDIENCE, no FAITH. The "just shall live by faith". The EVIDENCE of your faith, is obvious OBEDIENCE to what the LORD asks of us.

Thankfully, YESHUA was/is the FINAL sacrifice. But that does not mean that we have no responsibility to obey HAYAH, as did Abraham.

Gen 26:4 And I will make thy seed to multiply as the stars of heaven, and will give unto thy seed all these countries; and in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed;
Gen 26:5 Because that Abraham obeyed my voice, and kept my charge, my commandments, my statutes, and my laws.

HAYAH promised to multiply the seed of Isaac, because Abraham had FAITH enough to OBEY, even to the height of worship that would cost him his own son.

As Abraham was blessed, so are we. YEHOVAH provided a SUBSTITUTE, for the worship of sacrifice. Oh dear friend, who is able to comprehend the joy of both Abraham and Isaac, that HAYAH provided a substitute. WORSHIP.

We have been provided a substitute also. YESHUA HA'MACHIACH (JESUS CHRIST) and HIM crucified! What is our response to the greatest act of mercy ever? OBEDIENCE/worship.

What a STENCH, this modern cheap substitute man portrays as "worship". WHERE OH WHERE IS YOUR OBEDIENCE?

No Obedience, no worship......no FAITH.

Heb_11:6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

Faith cometh by hearing. HEARING WHAT? Hearing the call to WORSHIP. WORSHIP is most pure when it is evidenced by our willingness to OBEY HIM, no matter the cost, and it will COST!

TO OBEY, is better than sacrifice. To obey is pure worship.

Rom 12:1 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.

What dies? What is sacrificed? SIN and SELF WILL. To be a living sacrifice is to surrender your will and your willingness to SIN, to DEATH. STOP SINNING. START WORSHIPPING, on HAYAH's terms, not man's.

Oh my spirit is to the point of GROANING this morning. Oh how DECEIVED, the modern day version of "worshippers are". They believe some GREED soaked preacher in fancy suits preaching LIES right out of HELL. And they call that "worship"? REALLY?

2019/12/24 6:15Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy