SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : My brand new bike was stolen at lunch!

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
dann

Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada

My brand new bike was stolen at lunch!

Praise the Lord!

It was quite funny actually. An unsaved work associate and I rode our bikes out for lunch today, and when we came back to the bike rack my bike was gone - stolen.

It was funny in that before I knew the Lord such a thing would have sent me in to a carnal fit of frustrated rage - but I had already forgiven the theif as soon as I understood that it was stolen. Praise the Lord I say, how he can change a heart! My friend didn't know what to make of me - he was so upset for me, and I was so okay with it - I mean I really trust the Lord with my life and my possessions, so it was no big deal at all - I was more sad for him because he felt obligated to walk back with me.

When I got back to the office everyone was amazed at how I was taking it, because of which I have had some opportunity to share how the Lord has changed me. So praise our God, He is an awesome God.

I marvel myself at the work the Lord has done in my life - you just don't notice how drastic the change is until something happens that would have sent you through the roof previously, but now, in the light of our real treasure, is of no lasting consequence. It just amazes me - So Praise The Lord, He is great and worthy indeed of our praise!

Dan
/\/
\/\

2005/7/14 17:07Profile
IRONMAN

IN HEAVENLY PLACES WITH JESUS

Re: My brand new bike was stolen at lunch!

you know this reminds me of my brother-in-law james (Jimm) ordeal with bikes...He had 3 or them stolen from him. the first one was right as he was about to go home from work, he took the bike outside, walked away for 5 min and came back and it was gone. the second was at our apt complex, the thieves not only cut the chain it was on but they took it also. my bike was right next to his but i had one of those steel u-locks on it. the last one we bought for him we decided to get a u-lock. he locked it on one of those disabled parking signs at work and after his shift he found it gone, these cats removed the plate and lifted the bike off the pole, put the plate back and left. after that we figured, "if someone wants a bike THAT bad, let him have it..." in the end james walked almost everywhere he went and as a result spent a lot more time communing with God which was good. all things have some purpose in God's great plan, even someone making off with your bike :-D

2005/7/14 18:02Profile
dann

Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada

Re:

Amen to that brother. I take everything as coming from the hand of God, so how can I be disappointed? God certainly has a better plan for me than I have for myself!

Grace brother, and thanks for sharing.

Dan
/\/
\/\

2005/7/15 9:53Profile
Azulfire

Washington state

Re:

What a wonderful testomony of what the lord has done in your life......bless those that persecute you, revile you.......and steal from you too for he is in great need of a savior :-D Michelle

2005/7/15 10:21Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy