SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : He that overcometh

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Onesimus4God

Chapala, Jalisco, Mexico

He that overcometh

1Jn 5:3 For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.
1Jn 5:4 For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.

Overcometh as in having victory over your enemy, the world. Do you live as a victorious overcomer of the world? Or do you still wallow in it? Are you sanctified (set apart) from it? Or do you yet seek to be it's friend and enjoy it's entrapments?

1Co_10:21 Ye cannot drink the cup of the Lord, and the cup of devils: ye cannot be partakers of the Lord's table, and of the table of devils.

To attempt to do such as this, "christian one day, heathen the next", makes you an ENEMY OF GOD. Go ahead and celebrate your "christmas" if you will. But in doing so, you are giving testimony that YOU ARE an ENEMY OF GOD. Your decorating, and spending, and gluttony, and excess identifies you NOT with YESHUA HA'MACHIACH (JESUS CHRIST), but with the very DEVIL himself.

Just examine yourself. It's not difficult if you put your heart to it. How much of your Xmas activities are centered around your gluttony, and "festivities", verses spending this time in worship, praying, and giving thanks? BE HONEST. The focus is seldom if ever on HIM. Maybe the mention of HIS name here and there. But your plans are for yourselves, and HE is often excluded from your festivities all together. And this is keeping YESHUA as the "reason for the season"? How deceived you are, oh "church person". Oh you may be a "member in good standing". But are you a DISCIPLE? There is a difference. A huge difference. An ETERNITY of difference. You think all your efforts to make this the "best Christmas ever" WILL IMPRESS THE MASTER? Oh will you let me love you enough to bring it to your attention that YOU ARE INSANELY DECEIVED!!!!!! You are a "catholic sepulcher". Shiny and ornate on the outside. But inside putrid dead bones. DEAD. RELIGION. CHRISTMAS. DEAD.

There won't be no "silent night" when HE comes again. Oh no. It will be "rockets red glare" and "bombs bursting in air", that will give proof through the night, that our SAVIOR IS LORD OF ALL! And HE IS STILL THERE.

REPENT!!! Cast aside all these weights that so easily beset you. Divest yourself from WORLDLINESS. Come out from among them (the religous crowd on the wide road) and be ye separate, or you shall LIKEWISE PERISH!!!!

You cannot choose next year. Oh no. You must choose now. "Oh but I've already put my tree up, etc." Take it down, and trash it. Don't wait another minute. REPENT NOW. Cleanse your house of idolatry, and your spirit too. You have no guarantee that you will ever have another year, or month, or day. I'm told 150,000 people die each day. I don't care if you 25 or 95, you have no promise of tomorrow. Today is the day of SALVATION. Will you REPENT (STOP SINNING)? Or will you give in to your GREED, and your PRIDE and join your neighbors in this season of worldly DEBAUCHERY?

DEBAUCHERY - excessive indulgence in sensual pleasures

Jas_4:4 Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God.

Don't let that be you. The CROSS is never easy, my friend. But it is 100% necessary, if you are to enter in through that narrow gate........ I pray you will, even now.

2019/12/7 10:39Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy