Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : I love the positive spirit on this forum

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
roadsign

I love the positive spirit on this forum

I confess that I’m reacting to a thread that keeps on popping up – that I fear may suggest a generalized negative spirit here. I do not believe that to be true, although sometimes we can get negative, even annoying while trying to wrestle with tough issues. However, in the midst of the rubble of our human fallenness, there is a rich treasure of gold here. I have been blessed beyond what words could express by the people, the sermons, including some very encouraging private dialogues.

I suspect that we are all trying to learn how to discern wolves and false teachings, but in it all, we find ourselves facing our own imperfections (I think that is good). The Bible seems to add to the confusion. It says: ex: "Judge carefully" and it also says: "Do not judge". I have been trying to understand the word JUDGING. So far, through a word study, I’ve come up with this explanation: [url=http://www.thewayback.net/articles/JUDGING/title.htm]JUDGING[/url]

If anyone has some helpful insight to add to this, I’d sure love to hear it.
Diane

2005/7/14 13:33Profile

Re: I love the positive spirit on this forum

I agree... I think this is a very positive site. Even those who I have sharp contentions with at times also share in some light hearted banter with me now and then.

Krispy

2005/7/14 13:38
roadsign

Re:

Quote:
Even those who I have sharp contentions with at times also share in some light hearted banter with me now and then.

That's great Krispy! But there is another point. While we may be having a whale of a time bantering here, it's all in public. Others may not necessarily feel so great about it. They may even be turned off by it. I think we have to be aware of how our words affect others, not just ourselves. We have to learn to JUDGE our ourselves carefully.(I know I need to learn that, seriously)
Do I make any sense?
Diane

2005/7/14 14:04Profile

Re:

Thats why I recommended the book "Who Are You To Judge"... read that, Diane. I think you'll find what you're looking for.

And I wouldnt call it a "whale of a time"... and I dont think people get turned off by people enjoying conversation at times. All theology and no fellowship... I dont think we're called to that extreme.

I think it's well balanced here... most of the time.

You're new here... go back and read my threads, and others...

Krispy

2005/7/14 14:09
ravin

Washington st. u.S. A.

To get to the Gold one looks high and low, and moves a lot of dirt!
Thank you for putting in a new spin on a slow top. 8-)

2005/7/14 15:34Profile

Re:

Every family has its 'ups and downs' but this is a close family, it seems. At least i feel close. (am i weird for this?..lol) And i feel at all times, i am sharping my 'sword' and knowledge of His Truth. ;)

2005/7/14 22:29

Re:

Quote:
but in it all, we find ourselves facing our own imperfections (I think that is good).

Yes. It seems to be a natural extension of noticing splinters elsewhere! ;-)

2005/7/14 22:54

Re:

I've been online in christian forums and chat rooms for a long time now. I have yet to find any place even close to SI. Carm.org is good if you just want to find out facts. But there is rarely any "Spirit" in what is discussed. Not so with SI. SI = Spirit Involved.

I want you to know that you are all a blessing to me. I value what you have to say more than I can express. I begin my day everyday right here. I hear the Spirit of the Lord speaking to me and moving in my heart.

As for what I sign, there is nobody here that needs what I type more than I do. All I do is spill out a bit of what God is doing in my own heart and life. Oh how I would love to be able to have the courage and strenght to live up to what I know to be what God would choose for me and speaks through me. But I must confess that my walk falls far short of what I type. That is why I continually remind you, that if what I type blesses you, give God the glory, give God the praise. For there is no good thing in me except the blood sprinkled over me and His life He chooses to impart in me. I have absolutely nothing to boast about except the love of my Savior, my Redeemer has for me... and for you. Glory to God.

I'm honored and privileged that JimP invited me to check out this place. I am awed to be in your company and fellowship. There may not be face to face meetings, but God is not limited by space and sight. God looks at what is revealed here, the heart. For out of the abundance of the heart, the mouth speaks. I can't make any value judgements by what you look like or how you dress. It is because we are all yet blind, that we do see. If what the eye could behold was revealed, no doubt some of what God is doing would be lost in the process. The eye is the window of the soul. Most of what it sees appeals too or is rejected by the flesh. Spirit draws little life from what is seen with the eye. It's what is spiritually discerned that comforts and satisfies the spirit of man. There is almost always a table set here at SI, for whosoeverwill come and dine. The Master presides and His leadership and authority are all that is required. He is more than enough. He shares Himself to us and through us, that we may be filled and fill others. How awesome is that? We are indeed a privileged generation of saints. For what we have here has been afforded no other generation before us. We are uniquely bound by His Spirit, though our bodies are half a world apart.
One thing more. Please know that there are countless folks who come here to read only. READ ONLY. They don't comment. But don't think for a minute that they are not fed truth and light. You will never know how you touch someone's life with what you write here. It can bless, and it can discourage. We dare not take this privilege lightly.

God bless you one and all,

Lahry

2005/7/15 7:49

Diane, In the same vein is Proverbs 3:5 "Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding." To me this seems anti-intellectual and could be misconstrued to mean we should remain ignorant. But I think the point is that we should listen to the Holy Spirit with our hearts and not let the world crowd it out. If the mind says one thing and the heart says another, we should go with the heart. By the way, thanks for posting on the positive.

Bub

2005/7/15 16:29
coops

Re:

I love it too!

(and said so in "Thankyou Everyone" http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=6245&forum=35&2)

:-) :-) :-)

2005/7/16 7:58Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy