SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : Judging and The Cross of Christ

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Judging and The Cross of Christ

Who art thou that judgest another man’s servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand. (Romans 14:4)

As a believer in Jesus Christ I am to carefully consider myself as His servant. He is my Master and my Judge, I am His to command. Sometimes I forget this when it comes to other believers and I tend to make myself their judge when they don’t meet my standard of holiness.

Mishandling of differences can become a serious bone of contention between believers causing the strong to despise the weak, and vice-versa. Instead our hearts should be set on helping one another. To the strong Paul warns that knowledge puffs up, and to the weak he warns against harsh criticism. He exhorts both groups to a love that builds up.

I believe that the key to help us towards that end is to focus on the Cross of Christ where God’s love was poured out. I find that when I look away from myself and others and keep looking unto Jesus, the Author and Finisher of our faith, then I become focused on His interests. Then my judgments are simply based on cooperating with God’s purpose and intention in Christ.

God is able to make every true believer stand for ever. Always remember that God is good, and He accepts every honest and humble heart even when there may be weak thinking in the head. He is able to hold us up and keep us from falling into condemnation. God is able.

2019/11/27 10:36Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re: Judging and The Cross of Christ

great post brother, I agree fully, this is a tremendous meditation and we need to consider it daily to show mercy to others so that God will be merciful to us.

2019/11/27 10:53Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy