SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : Really good and timely word馃檹馃徎

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
JFW

Dothan, Alabama

Really good and timely word馃檹馃徎

Got this in a newsletter this morning and thought to share it for those who might鈥檝e missed it, hope it blesses you as much as it did me <\\\><

I wait for your salvation, O Lord, and I follow your commands. I obey your statutes, for I love them greatly. I obey your precepts and your statutes, for all my ways are known to you. 鈥擯salm 119:166-168

We stumble over the fact that God doesn't speak or act the way we think He should. But from Isaiah we learn not to manufacture our own light when we walk in darkness. From Saul we learn not to run ahead of God when the answer is delayed. From the Gospels we learn that God's silence does not mean we are rejected or unloved; it must be understood in the light of God's redemptive purposes. For those who have allowed the Holy Spirit to perform His work in their lives, the "Why, God?" questions are accompanied by a growing peace and trust rather than disillusionment and unbelief. God wants us to learn to be at peace in our souls by virtue of our relationship with Him, not by virtue of the information about our circumstances that we sometimes receive from Him. People searching for God's peace and comfort often look for it by asking God for information about their future. But He wants our peace to come first by fixing any problems in our personal relationship with Him.

{ PRAYER STARTER }

Father, how often I run ahead of You and question, "Why?" Teach me to be at peace with Your purposes because of the trusting relationship I have with You.

Our "Why, God?" questions are a normal
part of the walk of faith for all
of us until the very end

2019/11/26 7:18Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy