SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Who Are You To Judge??

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread

Who Are You To Judge??

I would like to recommend a book to everyone here called "Who Are You To Judge?" by Dr. Erwin Lutzer. This is a great book about discernment and godly judging. I just finished it, and it is fantastic. It is a loud and clear call to the Body of Christ to reject error and defend the truth... It's not an expensive book, and can be found at any number of book seller websites.

Here is the blurb for it on Amazon:

[i]"Why are we afraid to judge? As 21st century Christians, we have settled down to a complacent form of faith that demands very little of us. However, this type of faith also has little impact on the world. When secular values infiltrate the church, we accept them without a twinge of conscience and congratulate ourselves on our tolerance. In Who Are You to Judge? Erwin Lutzer looks at today's world, and confronts us with our responsibility, as believers in the church of Jesus Christ, to again be a force for what it right . . . not easy.[/i]

Krispy

2005/7/14 9:18
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: Who Are You To Judge??

Thanks Krisp,

As we have been finding out in our discourses here, it can be a bit of a double edged sword. Thought Jeremy summed it up well in the other thread:[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=6211&forum=35]I am so sick of the spirit of negativity on this forum![/url]

Kind of tricky bouncing between the two and seeing the other replies now, will add two bit's over there. But this recommend sounds good and is needed, as you made mention somewhere... '[i]better said than I could[/i]'

I resemble that remark ;-)

2005/7/14 10:03Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Jobs buddys Judged him but he still stayed focused on God and waited for God to direct his steps.
In the process of Job's distress, his friends came to comfort him. Instead of rendering encouragement, they brought judgments and condemnation. They had all of the answers but no real solutions. They spoke about God, but not words from God. Job patiently listened to the opinions of his friends and made a futile attempt to respond to their accusations. He finally declared, "God knows the way that I take: when He hath tried me, I shall come forth as gold." He kept his faith in the midst of his adverse circumstances and came to know God not from the hearing of the ear, but a seeing and knowing with a spiritual eye (Job 42:5). He experienced God and realized that God was in control of everything even when it didn't appear to be so. Job's perseverance led him down a path to victory. God gave Job the ultimate assignment and told him to pray for his friends who had so harshly judged him. When Job obeyed, the Lord turned his captivity. God set him free, restored his health, and gave him twice as much as he had before.

2005/7/14 10:20Profile
roadsign

Re: What does "judge" mean, anyway?

I got very confused about the use of the word judge. So I decided to check out the bibilical uses, and discovered that the Bible seems to contradict istself:
ex: "Judge carefully"... "Do not judge",
Actually the word has more than one meaning - and that's why the confusion. I put the results of my study in an ebook, which you may find helpful:

[url=http://www.thewayback.net/articles/JUDGING/title.htm]Judging[/url]

2005/7/14 10:46Profile

Re:

Bill... point please?

I'm just trying to encourage people to read a book that will encourage them to learn to discern and judge biblically, and stand for truth and reject error.

Your post doesnt seem to be relevent to this topic... unless I'm missing something. Can you explain, brother?

Krispy

2005/7/14 11:03
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Quote:

KrispyKrittr wrote:
Bill... point please?

Now when did "I" have to start having a point thats not fair because I don't know if really any of my post's offer points, I don't know the point is but if I figure out one I will get back to you. :-P

2005/7/14 11:09Profile

Re:

oh... ok... i was just chcking. ;-)

Krispy

2005/7/14 11:11
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

How about you can't "Judge" a book by it's cover. :-P

2005/7/14 11:13Profile
MrBillPro

Texas