SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : Believers have more power than the S-U-N

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
ArthurRosh

Believers have more power than the S-U-N

Believers have more power than the S-U-N

Because the S-O-N who created the Sun and sustains / upholds the Sun by the word of His power (Hebrews 1:2-3) lives in believers.

I think if we would sometimes learn and study about the Sun (there was a National Geographic volume on the Sun I believe) and try to comprehend the vastness, the immensity, the sheer power of the Sun, it is most likely staggering to think about.

Yet this Sun that we sometimes take for granted, the awesomeness of it, that should bring us awe and wonder if we would try to grasp it, this Sun was created by the Son of God, the Lord Jesus Christ according to the Bible, Hebrews 1:2-3 and many other verses including Proverbs 8.

So if that is the power of the Sun which is too immense for us to understand, what must be the power of the One who created the Sun and sustains / upholds it by the word of His power.

But Scripture says that this same One Who is spoken of in Hebrews 1:1-3, the Son of God, the Lord Jesus Christ, Who created and sustains the Sun by the word of His power, He lives in believers.

So what then must be the power that lives in us.

The Scriptures say that Christ lives in believers, that the Holy Spirit lives in believers, it even says the Father lives in believers, all to explain the same reality that God lives in believers.

If the God who created the Sun lives in believers, what must be the power then of believers in Christ?

Is it not something that is hard to believe that we have such power?

Greater power than the Sun. Because He Who created the Sun lives in us.

So how powerful is each and every believer who is a temple of the Holy Spirit.

But is this our reality most of the time?

If such power lives in us, the power of the Son of God, Who is incomparably more powerful than the Sun which He created which itself is too powerful for us to comprehend, then should we not say more often what Paul says in Colossians 1:29:

I labor, striving according to His power, which mightily works within me.

If we have such power why do we not see such power ?

The answer is because God has given an even greater gift to believers: The power of a free will.

The secret is Galatians 2:20:

It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. I have been crucified with Christ.

John 12:24
Truly, truly, I say to you, unless a grain of wheat falls into the earth and dies, it remains alone; but if it dies, it bears much fruit.

For me it's lack of discipline (disobedience) in different areas that has been keeping me from power, from being crucified with Christ.

Also, is that not also a picture of baptism? Falling into the earth? Burial? Death? Much Fruit?

2019/11/17 6:26Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy