Nigeria

SUSPENDED BETWEEN HEAVEN AND EARTH

BURDEN: ''SUSPENDED. BETWEEN HEAVEN AND EARTH
TEXT: 2 Samuel 18:9

''...and he was taken up between the heaven and the earth...'' AKJV

''...but Absalom was left dangling in the air...'' T4T

''...and he was suspended in the air...'' LOGOS

''...he was suspended between heaven and earth...'' CPDV

Suspended between heaven and earth? Neither in heaven nor earth; neither sitting in Abraham bosom with Lazarus no frying in the bowel of hell; neither ascended far above principalities and powers nor descended in hell with the fallen angels; neither cold nor worm; not a paul nor a Demas! My soul, why halt thou between twin opinion: betwixt Jehovah's yoke and Devil's? Why is thine heart still with your oxen, your lusts, your darling sins? Why is thy voice smooth as Jacob's, but thy hands are rough as Esau's? Thou art suspended in the air! If heaven be in thine eyes and heart, take a flight there: if earth, thou lovest beside, then let f
gol the outstretched hand of heaven and plunge yourself into the stincking mire of this lower world's lusts and passions. Say not to Christ, 'withersoever thou goest I will follow thee!' when your heart is saying, 'I have married a wife, I cannot thetefore actually follow thee!' If heaven be worth the while: if ever thy soul is precious in thy sight; if the price of your soul is great to you; and heaven is real and abiding; and earth will pass away soon, why are you hanging in the air, as though in deep and feverish contemplation? As though you are saying, 'How can I let go my friends, pleasures, sin patners and my darling sin? Should I go up further through the sky until I get to the heaven of heavens; or should I descend and embrace sulunary triffles and toys? Should I leave all like Paul and follow the poor man of calvary, who has no place to lay His head, or I should run to Athen as Demas, who loves this present world?' Oh Absalom was left dangling in the air! He would not be all that God would for Him neither would he be all he can be for satan! He would not be a shining, glorious and dashing saint nor an ignoble and giddy sinners! He would neither be a winner of souls nor a marrer of any! Oh Absolom, son of Jesse, an offspring of men famous in Bethlehem, who did worthily in Ephratah: souls who followed hard after the God of heaven! Thy great grand mother said to God in Naomi, in the face of hash providence, ''Entreat me not to leave you, or to return from following after you: for where you go, I will go; and where you lodge, I will lodge: your people shall be my people, and your God my God...''
No man can serve two master! Oh my soul, strive for assurance, higher holiness, purity of conduct and in purpose! Spend and be spent on heavenly things! Read, study, pray, speak and labour to weariness for spiritual mercies! Be serious and avoid dull, flat and disinterested men! Take thy flight beyond common graces!

Amen
Mr.Ojoje(A Bruised Reed)

2019/11/7 15:27Profile
narrowpath

Germany NRW

Re: SUSPENDED BETWEEN HEAVEN AND EARTH

This is powerful, does this come from your own pen, brother?

2019/11/8 15:21Profile
BruisedReed3

Nigeria

Re:

Yes sir, by His mercy!

2019/11/10 17:03Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy