SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Good Fight Ministries on Kanye West

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
PosterThread
Oracio

Whittier CA USA

Re:

Also Solomon, what is your interpretation of this passage:

"33 Do not be deceived: “Evil company corrupts good habits.” 34 Awake to righteousness, and do not sin; for some do not have the knowledge of God. I speak this to your shame."-1 Cor. 15:33-34

2019/11/11 17:11Profile
Solomon101

America's Flyover Country

Re:

Oracio,

Exactly how is it that you believe you know the real context of why another man was in one place or another? Do you claim to see his heart? You are projecting in exactly the same way the pharisees did.

2019/11/11 17:14Profile
CofG

Cambodia

Re:

Hi Marvin,

I agree with what you said. I'm not questioning Kanye's conversion in the least. I have no idea. I am hopeful and if I had contact with him I would embrace him with affection. My only points have been addressed to his ministry happening so publicly, broadly and quickly. It's not right. It is potentially dangerous to all concerned. If we love Kanye, the brethern and the testimony of Jesus, we should all be concerned. The early church was.

We should be optimistically joyful for him but also cautious and very considerate about him getting on a platform way too early.

2019/11/11 17:17Profile
Oracio

Whittier CA USA

Re:

Solomon, you state

Quote:
Exactly how is it that you believe you know the real context of why another man was in one place or another? Do you claim to see his heart? You are projecting in exactly the same way the pharisees did.

What I know is that he did not preach the gospel at that concert. I saw his performance there. You can look it up on YouTube. The two rap songs he sang there have nothing to do with a message of repentance. I’m not gonna come on here and blab on stuff I don’t know bro. I seek to be very careful with facts here man. Call me a pharisee is you wish brother, the Lord bless you.

2019/11/11 17:36Profile
savannah

Re: We would see Jesus

Oracio,

I've been reading every post on this thread.

I want to encourage you!

Keep fighting the good fight!

Assuredly, Jesus is well pleased with the stand you're taking. Your posts show no signs of Phariseeism. There's more clarity in one of your posts than the majority of the posts trying to refute you.

It's like what one of the other poster's said about the standard of the faith having been brought down so low, that all of this nonsense is even being given a free pass.

Stay firmly grounded upon that immovable Rock!

-------------

Edit:

"Also Solomon, what is your interpretation of this passage:"

"33 Do not be deceived: “Evil company corrupts good habits.” 34 Awake to righteousness, and do not sin; for some do not have the knowledge of God. I speak this to your shame."-1 Cor. 15:33-34

I noticed you got no response on that. He took the bypass and went down a different route.

2019/11/11 19:03Profile
Solomon101

America's Flyover Country

Re:

Oracio stated

Quote:
Also Solomon, what is your interpretation of this passage:

If you will read the surrounding scriptures to see the context you will find that a segment in the Corinthian church were advocating embracing a full on hedonism as there was no resurrection from the dead in their beliefs.

If you will also read earlier in the Corinthian letter you will see that they had people supposedly speaking by The Holy Spirit that were proclaiming Jesus had now become accursed.

Paul is telling them to avoid close interweaving with those who promote a hedonistic lifestyle in the name of God. Although unthinkable to us, these same people also promoted the denial of Christ's resurrection and that He was now accursed ... all supposedly as a new and deeper revelation of the Holy Spirit.

It is predominately all about the centrality of the resurrection if you will read the surrounding verses. He also then clearly states that to their shame they have leaders that are not even born again.

OK ... I answered your question ... how about you now answer mine.

2019/11/11 23:25Profile
Oracio

Whittier CA USA

Re: Savannah

Savannah, thanks for the encouragement brother! Likewise! God bless!

2019/11/12 0:58Profile
Oracio

Whittier CA USA

Re: Solomon

Solomon, I appreciate you taking the time to exegete those verses. I agree with your exegesis. Towards answering your question about the context of Kanye’s recent performance at a secular concert, I thought I answered your question (not sure if you missed my reply post). My point is that he was not there to preach the gospel to the multitudes of lost people there. If you’re asking why I think he was there, I have no idea, but it wasn’t to preach the gospel.

2019/11/12 0:59Profile

Re:

In 1971 Marvin Gaye released a heartfelt, socially conscious album. "What's Goin' On?", which went to #1. He makes some sincere, reverent statements in "God is Love" (though theologically shaky) and "Wholly Holy." However, his followup studio album. "Let's Get it On," is a celebration of unbridled hedonism. Gaye had left his wife for a 17 year old. Ten years later he was shot dead by his pastor father.

In the late '70s Bob Dylan had a conversion experience and released the albums "Slow Train Coming" and "Saved." He had been warned (by Keith Green. I'm told) to not try to jump into the public arena too soon, but to continue to be discipled, rooted, and grounded in the Word.

By Dylan's next album "Infidels" he had departed from Jesus to embrace Judaism. By the early '80s it was something of a joke in secular media that he was changing religions and philosophies with each passing day.

The Irish pop group U2 had a Catholic background, but front man Bono quoted a lot of Scriptures in interviews and even made reference to Jesus in some songs. However, he began to claim that to be fulfilled that he had to operate in the spirit AND the flesh, and would incite crowds at U2 concerts to chant "Christian, Muslim, Jew, it's all true," in a one world religion spirit.

I can cite so many other secular musicians who flirted with a Gospel album or two, then went back to their former catalog.

David Putnam was president of Columbia Pictures in the early '80s and a professing follower of Jesus Christ. He was the producer of the Oscar-winning film "Chariots of Fire." When it became known that he wanted to see more godly, family friendly films made at Columbia, such pressure was put upon him that ultimately he was forced out - with severance pay - even though he was the president of the company. Years later he was interviewed by a Christian author in a small, unassuming office in one of London's lesser boroughs. The author said Putnam was emotionally broken by the ordeal.

It seems that in Hollywood, the music industry, and the like that a new believer cannot stay for long. He/she will either be swallowed up by compromise, or kicked out.

Even though I am not a public figure I had a career as an illustrator for many years at The New York Times, the New Yorker magazine, and many other high profile accounts. After I had come to the saving knowledge of Jesus Christ my conscience began to awaken and I was convicted by the Holy Spirit regarding some of the things I was drawing. Long story short, I eventually lost all of these accounts. God closed the doors which had long been open, and opened new ones.

Now I teach college art students, as well as homeschoolers in a Christian co-op, and publish Christian books (some of which I illustrate) which sell in modest (but good) numbers across the world.

This is what I have experienced and observed, and hope some of you find it to be encouraging and helpful

2019/11/12 7:03
JFW

Dothan, Alabama

Re: brother Oracio

You are digging a hole for yourself.... can you not see it?

Please give pause and prayerfully (humbly) consider your course before God🙏🏻
A point to consider if you’re interested-
Is the Lord Himself leading your actions, authoring your words, plotting your course and setting your pace? Or are you?

I have (and I hope that’s been clear) no quarrel with you personally and had no intentions on you getting your feelings hurt (that you had expressed in the “why you’re not happy” thread) the things you listed weren’t even for you they were for brother Savannah and the very fact that you attempted to derail that thread (by not committing on content) by offering opinion about the title bespeaks of a source of offense.

There is only one thing I’m after for us all.... conformity to Christ :)))
So (and hopefully this will be my last clarification) I believe that Kanye has clearly demonstrated that he has begun or is better positioned for that to happen this year than this time last year and for that I will give God praise!

FTR since you made multiple references to it I looked into his recent appearance - what I found was Travis is the father of his niece and he (Kanye) appeared briefly where after singing “follow God” and another song I’m not familiar with but who’s lyrics include “I know Jesus died for me” he then made a very public show of his reconciliation with mr.Scott -
While perhaps he (Kanye) didn’t “preach the gospel” to those in attendance (and according to the findings of many here that’s a good thing because he’s simply unqualified to do so) he actually seemed to show and put on full display what the gospel can do for a person 😇 and considering where/who he (Kanye) was last year, I’d say that maybe just maybe Jesus had a hand in the transformation....

2019/11/12 7:33Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy