SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Good Fight Ministries on Kanye West

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
PosterThread
drifter

Campbell River, B.C.

Good Fight Ministries on Kanye West

Good Fight Responds To Questions About Kanye West
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mZkHYtdcQI

read more:

On today's episode we discuss the recent news about Kanye West and his recent conversion to Christianity. We take a look at his past and how he has influenced millions of his fans into darkness. Kanye West-Is Jesus Our ‘Homeboy’?

2019/11/5 0:22Profile
Gloryandgrace

Snoqualmie, WA

Re: Good Fight Ministries on Kanye West

Reading the comments on that youtube, it is certain so many folks don't trust God to save anyone...that distrust boils down to themselves eventually.

such comments about him being false convert or a false teacher is just over the top.

As I see it... 'Hey Kanye, you better fly right and look and sound like the Christian I think I am".

With Christians willing to kill their young that quickly, the abortionist has nothing over them.

Joe at the end finally said "God can even save someone like that". I know he meant it well, but it smelled of that kind of thinking that "people like me get saved and people like him don't".

Fortunately these two guys at least had enough humility to recognize God can save someone that in their estimation cant be saved.

I edited to add one more thing.

Fortunately for us reading this, your life didn't get dissected on youtube when you were a young christen while you were still cussin and lustin and thinking like the world. You were behind the scenes doing it and yet God in his grace had mercy.

2019/11/8 15:58Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re:

Brother Marvin,

You are absolutely right about Kayne West and the brothers that criticize him. Babes in Christ make plenty of mistakes. They even fall from time to time, but please brothers, don't be a hindrance to them by cutting them down, but pray for them, encourage them, and help to pick them up when they stumble.

2019/11/8 16:16Profile
JFW

Dothan, Alabama

Re: Ha!

Brother Marvin,
Your comment/assessment wins the internet today!
Couldn’t agree more and it pains me to think of how hard he’s gonna be pounced on but... when confronted by satan demanding Peter that he might sift him, Jesus prayed that Peters faith would withstand it- perhaps that would be the thing we should pray for Kanye and that the Lord would have mercy on those whom are throwing rocks😬

2019/11/8 16:20Profile
CofG

Cambodia

Re:

Guys, I know I'm opening myself up to criticism, but at what point do you think Kanye is moving from giving a testimony or sharing his faith to speaking as or being held out as a teacher and instructor of others in the faith?

Some would question or tear apart his testimony or his conversion. Some would encourage him in his profession and hope and pray for the words to be reality. His conversion is between him and the Lord and we should pray for its sincerity and growth.

My question has more to do with what appears to be a rapid escalation of his public speaking, singing and serving as a guide to others as to what real Christianity is about. That I think is a very legitimate question and concern for him and others.

I think we can encourage and pray for him personally and yet wisely caution him about taking up a mantle of teaching for the Lord prematurely.

2019/11/8 17:54Profile
JFW

Dothan, Alabama

Re: brother Robert

No matter how wide you open yourself up to criticism, you won’t get it from me... every rock I throw boomerangs back a hits me in the face 😳

I keep hearing people say he’s teaching and while I can’t say he isn’t, from what I’ve read and seen he definitely is not.... in fact he has other more mature brothers (pastors) do the teaching. It was reported that this past weekend in Louisiana over a 1000 came to faith in Christ at a service he had set up but that there was very little Kanye and a whole lotta Jesus 🙏🏻

So as far as I have seen he is mostly giving his testimony and witnessing about what the Lord has done for him. If he is teaching then I’m not exactly sure what he would teach it’s not like he’s been thru cemetery school...

2019/11/8 19:57Profile
CofG

Cambodia

Re:

What do you think about writing Christian songs? I’m no making a statement with my question. I am thinking about this verse in my own consideration:

Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly, teaching and admonishing one another in all wisdom, singing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, with thankfulness in your hearts to God. - Colossians 3:16

Do you think writing songs to be sung to believers and unbelievers is a form of teaching ? Perhaps even a very impactful and powerful (for good or bad) form.

2019/11/8 20:36Profile
JFW

Dothan, Alabama

Re:

Hmmm 🤔
Well if that’s the measure then isn’t everything a born again believer does technically teaching? What I’m saying is he doesn’t seem to be setting himself to the teacher- at least not by the biblical standard.

Don’t get me wrong, I get your point... it’s just that what does or doesn’t qualify someone to teach... a seminary degree, a decade in service to the church, three years of being trained by the spirit ?
Brother aren’t you teaching with your posts here on a public forum where potentially millions of people could read and be influenced (for better or worse) by your words? So why are you qualified to teach and another younger brother not?

Just for the sake of thoroughness... let’s say your assumptions are correct and these actions are not profitable for the Lord (tho all things are) and this young brother has, in his zeal, lacked the discipline otherwise necessary to carry out the function of a mature ministry... what exactly are you suggesting the body of Christ do about it?

2019/11/8 21:13Profile
CofG

Cambodia

Re:

Hi Fletcher. I think you are asking all the right questions. These are questions I have as well which is why I posted my comment and question. The answers are important and usually people don’t even bother with the questions in a culture where eberybody’s “opinions” and thoughts on deep subjects ( or at least their right to freely express them ) is held in highest regard.

Everyone is called to be discipled and to be a discipler so there is always teaching going on. Clearly though, the Bible has a category of called teachers that is probably broader than an ordained pastor.. Also teachers are held to stricter standards than others who just disciple.

I honestly don’t know the answer. I have been teaching and discipling church leaders and pastors for a long time in many contexts. Never went to seminary and not a pastor but I’m clear on the calling and I’m confident in the fruit God has produced in spite of my many weaknesses.

The Kanye West strory caused me to consider and ponder the role of spiritual song writers in the church and to wonder about responsibilities and appropriate maturity and calling because I discern that there is definitely a strong teaching component to that ministry to the body.

2019/11/8 22:23Profile
Oracio

Whittier CA USA

Re: Good Fight Ministries on Kanye West

I thought the radio show posted in the OP gave a good, balanced report on this issue.

I thought this other video by a pastor also made good points, albeit it's a more "stern" take on it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEfgyw3xrqQ&t=1872s

The pastor in that video points out that he’s been following Kanye West’s career for a long time and that he’s not convinced that this is a true conversion based on the present facts. He says that to him, if it were a true conversion, we’d be hearing him speak out against all the satanic things he promoted for all those years.

When I first heard about and looked into Kanye West’s recent profession of faith, it seemed encouraging to me. However, after learning and considering other information I have serious reservations.

For example, I saw a recent interview with him where he drops f-bombs and doesn’t seem regretful about it. I know that my foul mouth didn’t get completely cleaned up over night when I became a Christian. But I also know that when I did blurt out a cuss word I was convicted immediately and repented, and after a few months my mouth was cleaned up. He claims to have been truly converted in April, about 6 months ago, and I think by now he should be convicted about that and there should be signs of him seeking to change that habit. This is the interview:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t568Nd7k_Yk

In an interview from just a day ago he said that he doesn’t like the fact that Forbes didn’t recognize him as a billionaire but only as a millionaire. He also seemed to be “slightly” joking around as he said he might legally change his name to “Christian Genius Billionaire Kanye West.” All throughout that interview he boasted about his many “genius” accomplishments and there is not an ounce of humility as far as I could tell. This is the interview:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihfG8qlhW04

Kanye West has been claiming to be a Christian for the longest time, even while publicly worshiping Satan in his rap songs and concerts. And for years he has had this plan of starting his own church services and his own “Christian movement.”

And he seems to be serious about trying to run for president in 2024. In that recent interview he said he’s not going to need to “run” for president but only to “walk” for it.

Could it be that he’s hoping to get Christian votes behind him, just like Trump did? I know it's crazy to even think of him trying to run for president, but hey, that's what I thought when I first heard of Trump running. I was like, "no way, it can't be." I’m not saying for sure that that’s Kanye West's motive but it does make me wonder.

In the past there have been celebrities who have made professions of faith in Christ only to go on to renounce those professions of faith, whether in word or in deed. There have also been some true conversions within Hollywood though.

2019/11/9 2:51Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy