Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : IT IS WRITTEN

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Onesimus4God

Chapala, Jalisco, Mexico

IT IS WRITTEN

1Co_4:6 And these things, brethren, I have in a figure transferred to myself and to Apollos for your sakes; that ye might learn in us not to think of men above that which is written, that no one of you be puffed up for one against another.

We were discussing this chapter in our weekly Bible Study at Little Chapel, and this verse just seemed to leap off the page at me. And particular, "above that which is written, that no one of you be puffed up for one against another".

Oh brothers and sisters, can't you see that what he is describing, is the NORM for what is called "christian" today? And that term right there was discussed also. "christian". That term is without definition these days. It covers anything and everything that is not jew or muslim. But how many are there who would testify that they are indeed a christian, yet there is little to no evidence that would convict them, if put on trial.
And we talked about this, and I told them about my oldest son who for a time (he may still do this) introduced himself by his name, and that "I am a christian" followed the introduction. And this changes "the playing field" up front. People tend to be rather reserved around someone who openly professes faith. But they also watch you closely. They know that "christians" should be accountable for a more moralistic lifestyle. And they are looking to see if the walk backs up the talk.
I'm pleased to say that I do see evidence in my son's life, and that of his family. But for the most part, folks who talk the talk, don't walk the walk. Is it any wonder that "non-church" people have lost confidence in "church". Especially our young people. They can see right through the pretense like looking through a clear window pain. They see the hypocrisy. And why is it there? COMPROMISE over centuries of subtle departure form that "which is written".
Men and women specialize in departure from "that which is written". It's nothing new. It began in the Garden........

Gen 3:4 And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die:
Gen 3:5 For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.
Gen 3:6 And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat.

Satan himself, the first preacher of deception, helped Eve to depart from what HAYAH had commanded. How could he do such a thing? He "departed from that which is spoken (later written). What was his convincing success based upon? He appealed to the FLESH rather than what HAYAH had commanded. AND THIS IS PRECISELY THE LIE REPEATED TODAY in a thousand different ways.
Satan did not argue that HAYAH had commanded. But he went aside from "that which is written", and the trap was set, and Eve fell into it, and then Adam. And this has been the cycle ever since. And the result? Men and women who are PUFFED UP AGAINST ONE ANOTHER. Church folks on their way to HELL and the preacher all the while singing peace, peace where there is no peace.

Now friend, you simply cannot fail to see what I am talking about here today. Going beyond "that which is written", is an eternally fatal disease that permeates virtually ALL OF RELIGION. PAGAN, JEW, CATHOLIC, MUSLIM, and ALL DENOMINATIONALISM.

TRUTH CAUSES NO SUCH DIVISION. The only unity there is, is in TRUTH. Depart from it, and your ship begins to sink. Your life gets out of focus. Worse, since so many "christians" are doing it, you think it's okay for you to do so. May I remind you that the crowd is on the wide road, that leadeth to destruction. If you are on that road, you too will reap destruction. There is only ONE HOPE. REPENT!!!! TURN AROUND!!!! YOU'RE GOING THE WRONG WAY!!!!!

We must WALK AWAY from all that deviates from "that which is written". This is exactly what Paul is teaching in our text above. But how do you do this. READ YOUR BIBLE. STUDY IT. SEARCH IT, and FOLLOW HIM in HIS WORD.

ORTHODOX SO CALLED CHRISTIANITY is a DECEPTION of the worst kind. And it succeeds the same way as in the Garden. They appeal to the flesh, and succeed, because most who say they are "christian" are deceived themselves. They have been presented with a conversion that appeals to the flesh. Since when does the CROSS appeal to the FLESH? IT IS AS ADVERSE TO THE FLESH AS ANYTHING I KNOW OF.

So our brother in the Bible Study suggested that we introduce ourselves as a "DISCIPLE OF JESUS CHRIST". YES! NOW WE HAVE DEFINITION.

Luk_14:26 If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.
Luk_14:27 And whosoever doth not bear his cross, and come after me, cannot be my disciple.
Luk_14:33 So likewise, whosoever he be of you that forsaketh not all that he hath, he cannot be my disciple.

Well now. This is what is written. This is what salvation is all about. Compare this text, and what it says, with 99% of Christendom today, and you will ELIMINATE them from authenticity as true believers and followers of YESHUA.

Tit_1:16 They profess that they know God; but in works they deny him, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate.

That's written!

Luk_9:23 And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me.

Do you follow HIM, according to "what is written?

2019/10/31 7:43Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy