Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : When Angels appear as men

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
followthelamb

In Christ

Online!
 When Angels appear as men

On another thread it was mentioned that "Comparing Isaiah 14:12 and v.16, we find that the only individual ever referred to as "Lucifer" is a "man" (not an angel)"

There are a few scriptures I wanted to share without taking the other thread off topic...

"yes, while I was speaking in prayer, the man Gabriel, whom I had seen in the vision at the beginning, being caused to fly swiftly, reached me about the time of the evening offering." (Daniel 9:21) Yet, Gabriel is an angel.

Also, when the angel of the LORD appeared to Manoah's wife in Judges chapter 7:

9And God listened to the voice of Manoah, and the Angel of God came to the woman again as she was sitting in the field; but Manoah her husband was not with her.

10Then the woman ran in haste and told her husband, and said to him, “Look, the man who came to me the other day has just now appeared to me!”

11So Manoah arose and followed his wife. When he came to the man, he said to Him, “Are You the man who spoke to this woman?”

And He said, “I am.”

2019/10/25 9:44Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re: When Angels appear as men

And it came to pass, when Joshua was by Jericho, that he lifted his eyes and looked, and behold, a Man stood opposite him with His sword drawn in His hand. And Joshua went to Him and said to Him, “ Are You for us or for our adversaries?” So He said, “No, but as Commander of the army of the Lord I have now come.” And Joshua fell on his face to the earth and worshiped, and said to Him, “What does my Lord say to His servant?” Then the Commander of the Lord’s army said to Joshua, “Take your sandal off your foot, for the place where you stand is holy.” And Joshua did so.
Joshua 5:13-15

2019/10/25 10:19Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Do not forget to entertain strangers, for by so doing some have unwittingly entertained angels.
Hebrews 13:2

2019/10/25 18:02Profile
followthelamb

In Christ

Online!
 Re:

"And it came to pass, when Joshua was by Jericho, that he lifted his eyes and looked, and behold, a Man stood opposite him with His sword drawn in His hand. And Joshua went to Him and said to Him, “ Are You for us or for our adversaries?” So He said, “No, but as Commander of the army of the Lord I have now come.” And Joshua fell on his face to the earth and worshiped, and said to Him, “What does my Lord say to His servant?” Then the Commander of the Lord’s army said to Joshua, “Take your sandal off your foot, for the place where you stand is holy.” And Joshua did so.
Joshua 5:13-15"

Thank you for adding this passage to the thread!

2019/10/26 10:17Profile
followthelamb

In Christ

Online!

Genesis 19:

12 Then the men said to Lot, “Have you anyone else here? Son-in-law, your sons, your daughters, and whomever you have in the city—take them out of this place!

13 For we will destroy this place, because the outcry against them has grown great before the face of the Lord, and the Lord has sent us to destroy it.”

14 So Lot went out and spoke to his sons-in-law, who had married his daughters, and said, “Get up, get out of this place; for the Lord will destroy this city!” But to his sons-in-law he seemed to be joking.

15 When the morning dawned, the angels urged Lot to hurry, saying, “Arise, take your wife and your two daughters who are here, lest you be consumed in the punishment of the city.”

16 And while he lingered, the men took hold of his hand, his wife’s hand, and the hands of his two daughters, the Lord being merciful to him, and they brought him out and set him outside the city.

2019/10/26 10:22Profile
followthelamb

In Christ

Online!
 Re:

Daniel 10:

5 I lifted my eyes and looked, and behold, a certain man clothed in linen, whose waist was girded with gold of Uphaz!

6 His body was like beryl, his face like the appearance of lightning, his eyes like torches of fire, his arms and feet like burnished bronze in color, and the sound of his words like the voice of a multitude.

7 And I, Daniel, alone saw the vision, for the men who were with me did not see the vision; but a great terror fell upon them, so that they fled to hide themselves.

2019/10/26 10:28Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

There is a phrase in Genesis - and other OT books - that appears quite often: "The Lord appeared unto...and said..." Been wondering what did this look like?

Sandra

2019/11/1 17:37Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Then Jacob was left alone; and a Man wrestled with him until the breaking of day. Now when He saw that He did not prevail against him, He touched the socket of his hip; and the socket of Jacob’s hip was out of joint as He wrestled with him. And He said, “Let Me go, for the day breaks.” But he said, “I will not let You go unless You bless me!” So He said to him, “What is your name?” He said, “Jacob.” And He said, “Your name shall no longer be called Jacob, but Israel; for you have struggled with God and with men, and have prevailed.” Then Jacob asked, saying, “Tell me Your name, I pray.” And He said, “Why is it that you ask about My name?” And He blessed him there. So Jacob called the name of the place Peniel: “For I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved.”
Genesis 32:24-30

2019/11/2 20:08Profile
savannah

Michael, one of the chief princes, came to help me, for I had been left alone there with the kings of Persia. Daniel 10

No one upholds me against these, except Michael your prince. Daniel 10

At that time Michael shall stand up, The great prince who stands watch over the sons of your people. Daniel 12

2019/11/3 16:06Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy