SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : Sins...not Crimes.

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
enid

Nottingham, England

Sins...not Crimes.

2 Timothy 3:1-5, ...perilous times will come...lovers of themselves...unloving...without self-control etc.

When we look at scriptures like this one, we need to realise there is nothing there that you can go to prison for.

Again, in Romans chapter one, the only one that you can go to prison for is murder. You can't go to prison for abortion or euthanasia or goodness knows what else.

So, what God calls a sin, isn't necessarily a crime.

There are other scriptures, but that's it from me.

2019/10/21 10:40Profile
luka

Jos Nigeria

Re: Sins...not Crimes.

Exactly Dear Sister/Brother.
I like your view of it.
It calls us to throw into the gabbage all the approvals and opinions of men if it doesn't agree with God's perspective as contained in his word.
To add to your submission, imagine people going through this life prophesying, doing great miracles, signs and wonders, while men are admiring and applauding, only for the Lord to say to them at last, "depart from me, I never knew you.."

May the Lord help us to have an abundant entry into the everlasting kingdom of His dear Son Jesus.

Thanks for your admonition? Exhortation? What's the difference, anybody?

2019/10/24 17:20Profile
enid

Nottingham, England

Re:

Admonition: A firm warning or reprimand.

Exhortation: an address or communication emphatically urging someone to do something.

I'm a sister not a brother. Mother of three and grandmother to a new baby next year.

God bless.

2019/10/25 13:13Profile
luka

Jos Nigeria

Re:

Thanks for the reply. May the Lord bring grandchild safely.
God bless

2019/10/27 9:02Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re: Sins...not Crimes.

QUOTE:
So, what God calls a sin, isn't necessarily a crime.

And....the law may criminalize holiness..for example if you refuse to provide services for a same sex union/ceremony you can be fined...

Nothing new under the sun, so says Solomon.

Check out the quote below -found the quote in a book I got to reading again. The title: "Under the Influence, How Christianity Transformed Civilization" by Alvin J. Schmidt. (p 27)

"Christians were persecuted not only for not honoring the pagan gods and for refusing to call the emperor "Lord" but also because they lived morally upright lives, which was as offensive to the morally licentious Romans as was the religious exclusivity of the Christians." the writer was referring to the era of Nero and others.

God bless. We live in troubling times, for sure.

Sandra

2019/11/1 16:50Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy