SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : How do people from before Jesus' sacrifice get into heaven?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Smiley8d

How do people from before Jesus' sacrifice get into heaven?

I know there will be old testament saints in heaven, as Jesus said in Matthew 8:11 "I say to you that many will come from the east and the west, and will take their places at the feast with Abraham, Isaac and Jacob in the kingdom of heaven." However what I want to know is how they get there. I was reading Hebrews chapter 10 and v4 made me stop and think. "For it is not possible that the blood of bulls and goats should take away sins." Now I know this isn't the point of the verse, but it did make me wonder how exactly the old testament saints get into heaven. Are we told? Is it at the Great white throne judgement when He seperates the sheep from the goats? If their sins are only covered by the sacrifices and not forgiven how do they get into heaven? Did they have to stay true to God till they died and if they turned away at the end of their life after a long life of faithfulness and service to God does that disqualify them? Does God then offer full forgiveness to those who stayed faithful till death? Or is this just something we must accept by faith, that they will be there because He said they will be there, and we are not told much more? Just curious really. I've never really thought much about this aspect of things, but am interested in learning what I can about it.

2019/10/14 5:17Profile
davidkeel

West Sussex, England

Re: How do people from before Jesus' sacrifice get into heaven?

Acts of faith toward God's love and ability ? And being obedient to Him in our conscience ? As with Abraham Chapter 15 and verse 6 Abraham believed God and it was credited to him as righteousness.

He had left his family after hearing the Lord. Much like we are called to leave our life behind which may include family friendships and relationships. It's an act of faith. Losing our life to find new life.

2019/10/14 6:14Profile
JFW

Dothan, Alabama

By faith... at least according to Hebrews 11

2019/10/14 10:08Profile
drifter

Campbell River, B.C.

Re:

I think there is ample evidence in the Old Testament that people were born again the same way New Testament believers are.

2019/10/14 12:01Profile
word_of_god_

the lamb was slain before the foundations of the earth. 1 peter 1:20.

2019/10/14 19:56Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

They got into Heaven just like we do; It had everything to do with God as we do now.

John 6:37-40 (KJV) All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out. For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me. And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day. And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

From the foundation of the world to the end of the world as we know it.

In Christ: Phillip

2019/10/15 19:24Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy