SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : When is the LAST DAY?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Onesimus4God

Chapala, Jalisco, Mexico

When is the LAST DAY?

Joh_6:44 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

QUESTION: When is the "LAST DAY"?

2019/10/13 18:31Profile
docs

Re: When is the LAST DAY?

It's the last day of this present age which serves as a transition into the next Messianic Age although the kingdom of God and His Messiah have already been inaugurated.

It's the day Christ comes and the resurrection of the dead takes place. The resurrection was the hope of the Jewish people and has always been the blessed hope of the church. It's the day of His appearing when the last trumpet will sound and the dead in Christ will be raised in immortality and the living saints will be raptured and changed as they put on imperishable immortality.

The last trumpet and what occurs when it sounds is central to any foundational understanding of the last day.

52 in a flash, in the twinkling of an eye, at THE LAST TRUMPET. For the trumpet will sound, the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed.

53 For the perishable must clothe itself with the imperishable, and the mortal with immortality.

54 When the perishable has been clothed with the imperishable, and the mortal with immortality, then the saying that is written will come true: “Death has been swallowed up in victory.

This is the same trumpet spoken of in I Thessalonians 4:16 and Matthew 24:31. There are no other trumpets after the one seen in Matthew 24:31. It is absolutely the last one so this has to be when the saints are raised. AFTER THE TRIBULATION of those days (Matthew 24:29). The pre-trib view goes awry by saying the saints are raised approximately seven years before this at a supposed last trumpet while they don't take into account that another trumpet is still to sound as seen in Matthew 24:31. A trumpet sounding seven years before Christ comes cannot legitimately be called the last trumpet if there is still another last and final trumpet to sound seven years later at Christ's coming.

At the last day:
1) Christ comes again
2) The Antichrist/man of sin is destroyed
3) The dead are raised and glorified along with living
believers who are caught up to meet Christ
4) The next age begins

25 For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth:

26 And though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God:

27 Whom I shall see for myself, and mine eyes shall behold, and not another; though my reins be consumed within me. (Job 19:25-27 - KJV)

2019/10/14 8:40Profile
Onesimus4God

Chapala, Jalisco, Mexico

Re: The Last Day

Thank you David. You gave much information and I appreciate you taking the time to do so. You listed some scriptures about what will happen when it comes. But where in Scripture is it defined as happening? From my perspective, there an only be one "last day". Many "last days" but only one final day. To me, that means the last spin of planet earth as we know it. Where is that outlined in Scripture? Please.

2019/10/14 17:41Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night, in which the heavens will pass away with a great noise, and the elements will melt with fervent heat; both the earth and the works that are in it will be burned up.
2 Peter 3:10

2019/10/14 17:53Profile
jochbaptist

The next age

Just to add on to what Docs (David) said-

The framework of Jesus’s teachings on eschatology is very simple.

We live in THIS AGE, and there is an AGE TO COME. The former is temporal, and the latter one eternal.
Luke 18:30 “who shall not receive many times more IN THIS PRESENT TIME, and in THE AGE TO COME ETERNAL LIFE.”
Matt 12:32 “….. but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit, it will not be forgiven him, either IN THIS AGE or in THE AGE TO COME.

The remaining period since the first coming of Jesus is called THE LAST DAYS.
Heb 1:2 - in these last days has spoken to us in His Son, whom He appointed heir of all things, through whom also He made the world.

According to the Parable of the weeds, the last day that you asked about, is the end of this age. The harvest is the resurrection & judgement day, on the LAST DAY.

Matthew 13:36–43 (ESV)
The Parable of the Weeds Explained

36 … his disciples came to him, saying, “Explain to us the parable of the weeds of the field.” 37 He answered, “The one who sows the good seed is the Son of Man. 38 The field is the world, and the good seed is the sons of the kingdom. The weeds are the sons of the evil one, 39 and the enemy who sowed them is the devil. THE HARVEST IS THE END OF THE AGE, and the reapers are angels. 40 Just as the weeds are gathered and burned with fire, so will it be at the end of the age. 41 The Son of Man will send his angels, and they will gather out of his kingdom all causes of sin and all law-breakers, 42 and throw them into the fiery furnace. In that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth. 43 Then the righteous will shine like the sun in the kingdom of their Father.

Blessings

2019/10/15 11:13Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy