Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Let's Stop Pretending

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Renoncer

Let's Stop Pretending

Dear brothers and sisters:

I wanted to share a 2-min clip with you.

https://www.sermonaudio.com/sermoninfo.asp?SID=101219527582080

I'll be honest with you, I fear that we are all guilty of pretending that we are better than we actually are.

On the one hand, those who are antinomian refuse to acknowledge their sins because they don't want to recognize God's standards.
On the other hand, those who are legalistic refuse to acknowledge their sins because they don't want to admit that they are as bad as the antinomians.

In the end, we are all in the same boat, although we have different motives. But the solution is the same: we must humble ourselves, confess our sins and turn from them.

Pierre-Luc

https://www.sermonaudio.com/sermoninfo.asp?SID=101219527582080

2019/10/12 7:08Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re: Let's Stop Pretending

Quote:
On the one hand, those who are antinomian refuse to acknowledge their sins because they don't want to recognize God's standards.

dear brother,

I believe saints of all different theological problems can have the problem of hiding sin and living with hypocrisy, its something I am sure we all battle with at times small or great. So it is not a "theological" issue but a "honesty" issue and a willingness to surrender to God no matter what the cost.

just so you know we do ask saints not to speak directly on calvinism/arminism issues as for years these arguments have not borne fruit. Rather we can all agree that no matter what camp we are in we need to: Surrender to God, be honest about our sins, etc.

Quote:
8. DIVISIONS AND QUARRELLING - Having a healthy discussion on a topic, doctrine or important issue is allowed on SermonIndex. But if the subject discussion becomes heated and there is quarrelling it would be better to agree with your brother publicly in what you can and and hold to what you believe against him privately. This calls for great maturity and wisdom in speaking in humility. It is better to agree with a brother that you are Christians and not divide over non-essentials. Let us go forward with meekness towards each other and having in mind the larger picture of the entire body of Christ. "I appeal to you, brothers, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that all of you agree with one another so that there may be no divisions among you and that you may be perfectly united in mind and thought." (1 Corinthians 1:10). We have found that discussions pertaining to politics, conspiracy theories, calvinism/arminianism and others just produce strife and not the fruits of the Spirit so we ask saints not to start these discussion threads on SermonIndex.

http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=44556&forum=13

2019/10/12 7:29Profile
Renoncer

Re:

Dear brother:

Thank you for your reply. I must admit that I am a little bit confused, though, about two things.

First, I agree with you that this is an honesty issue. But I do not see why this would be at odds with theology. A proper understanding of God would actually help someone to see why they need to deal honestly with their sins.

Secondly, I understand why you would prefer for people not to engage in the debate between Calvinism and Arminianism. However, that is not what I was doing. Like you pointed out, this is an honesty issue, regardless of where we stand in our convictions about systems of beliefs.

Could you please explain if I have misunderstood you?

Pierre-Luc

2019/10/12 16:24Profile
Renoncer

Re:

Dear brother,

I examined my last post to see how it could be controversial, and I decided to remove the last part, which could be taken in the wrong way.

Hopefully this helps.

Blessings,
Pierre-Luc

2019/10/12 17:14Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy