SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : A thought on God’s use of a current agony.

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
EternalZeal

Missouri

A thought on God’s use of a current agony.

“My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me? why art thou so far from helping me, and from the words of my roaring? O my God, I cry in the daytime, but thou hearest not; and in the night season, and am not silent.

But I am a worm, and no man; a reproach of men, and despised of the people. All they that see me laugh me to scorn: they shoot out the lip, they shake the head, saying, He trusted on the Lord that he would deliver him: let him deliver him, seeing he delighted in him.

Be not far from me; for trouble is near; for there is none to help. Many bulls have compassed me: strong bulls of Bashan have beset me round. They gaped upon me with their mouths, as a ravening and a roaring lion. I am poured out like water, and all my bones are out of joint: my heart is like wax; it is melted in the midst of my bowels. My strength is dried up like a potsherd; and my tongue cleaveth to my jaws; and thou hast brought me into the dust of death. For dogs have compassed me: the assembly of the wicked have inclosed me: they pierced my hands and my feet. I may tell all my bones: they look and stare upon me. They part my garments among them, and cast lots upon my vesture. But be not thou far from me, O Lord: O my strength, haste thee to help me. Deliver my soul from the sword; my darling from the power of the dog. Save me from the lion's mouth...”
‭‭Psalms‬ ‭22:1-2, 6-8, 11-21‬

This piece of scripture among so many, brought into existence something of “that” which was yet to come!

The agony and travail of David’s life and the experience that brought about the writing of this specific Psalm, among others, was more than just a mere event in David’s life; but the very purpose and expression of such sufferings and turmoil, carried a prophetic fervor which would have it’s dimensions of fulfillment in a coming Christ!

David’s cries of travail and agony conveyed and imparted a Life that existed both before and beyond him!

Imagine a place in God...A walk with God...In which your life in all of its particular settings and “events” not only carried the eschatological substance and urgency of His second coming, but actually hastened that coming!

Imagine a place in Him...where our lives would be so handed over to Him, that again, every particular setting and “event” could be used by Him to usher in a prophetic reality for His glory that is beyond our current existence!

That is the essence of the living Word of God that we call the Bible! God has taken thousands of lives and showed Himself through them and their experiences for a time that would come after them!

It says in verses 30-31 - “A seed shall serve him; it shall be accounted to the Lord for a generation. They shall come, and shall declare his righteousness unto a people that shall be born, that he hath done this.”

May we live unto Him in such a manner...That our today, even the sufferings, would be the expression of God to a people of tomorrow”...

2019/10/11 20:41Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy