Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : ASK AND YOU SHALL RECEIVE

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Onesimus4God

Chapala, Jalisco, Mexico

ASK AND YOU SHALL RECEIVE

Mat 7:7 Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:
Mat 7:8 For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.

If I asked, "does everyone agree", I doubt there would be one who does not agree.
But if I asked "how many actually experience this", myself included, with a show of hands, I wonder in a group of 100 people, how many hands would be raised? How many would say that this test is as common place as it sounds in their life?

Where is the qualifier, that we are obviously missing, that keeps the above from being a living reality in the life of a believer? Who is HE speaking to when HE uses the words "you", "he", and "him"? Does the "narrow gate" get even narrower at this point? Does anyone really care?

Mat 7:11 If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father which is in heaven give good things to them that ask him?

The gate narrows even more. "Your FATHER" HE says. If you or I are not getting the response promised for whatever is asked, is HE our FATHER? Or is there something else? Thankfully, the brother of our LORD, James, addresses this very thing......

Jas 4:2 Ye lust, and have not: ye kill, and desire to have, and cannot obtain: ye fight and war, yet ye have not, because ye ask not.
Jas 4:3 Ye ask, and receive not, because ye ask amiss, that ye may consume it upon your lusts.
Jas 4:4 Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God.

Boop! There it is. Friends of the world. Spiritual ADULTERY. WHORING AFTER OTHER LOVES AND GODS. ENEMIES of HAYAH.
"Well, what about the CROSS, and the shed BLOOD", you ask? I think it obvious that the CROSS can remedy this situation. But if the situation is not yet remedied in your life or mine, are we not yet WORLDLY, worse a "friend of the world"? Are we yet "enemies of HAYAH"?

So here's what we do. I know I've posted this text over and over in the last 10 years. So be it. READ IT.

2Co 13:5 Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?

If you're having problems seeing clearly, you might want to go so far as to pray this......

Psa 139:23 Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts:
Psa 139:24 And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.

Be ready to be SHOCKED! I earnestly prayed this very text a few years back. What HE began to show me, was far beyond my expectation. I "asked" and it was "granted" unto me. Within 24 hours, I was begging HIM to stop. It was FAR TOO UGLY, and exceedingly shameful, for me to bear. Things I never realized or took note of, HE showed me. Laid it all bare before my eyes. It was gut wrenching. And all I counted as "gain", HE showed me HIS assessment. More than worthless. Down right repulsive. I begged HIM to show me no more. It was then, that I realized that putting confidence in the FLESH, no matter how RELIGIOUS, was not only a labor in vain, it was down right ANTI-CHRIST.

Right about here, you might be asking the same question as Peter was asked in Acts 2......

Act 2:37 Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?

When we find our CRIMES have driven us into a place of despair and robbed our hearts of hope, we cry out, "what shall we do"? And HIS answer?

Act 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

REPENT! That is the mountain that stands before us. STOP SINNING! "Well, my preacher says you can't stop sinning". Well, your preacher is mistaken, and likely cannot or will not stop sinning himself. Misery still loves company. What he's really telling you is "I can't stop sinning". Sounds like you need a new preacher, or he needs to REPENT!

REPENT. That's what the CROSS DOES!!!!! REPENT!!!!! STOP SINNING. DEAD PEOPLE DON'T SIN.

Rom 6:8 Now if we be dead with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with him:

There's the problem. We're not yet DEAD with HIM. We talk about the CROSS. We sing about it. But have we died there? Dead to SIN and self will? Our will, for HIS will? Is our REPENTANCE followed with a passion to OBEY HAYAH? IS THERE REALLY A NEW CREATION WITHIN? Is it obvious without? Do others easily recognize that the "old you", has died, and that you no longer do the things you once loved to do?

I'm TIRED OF PRAYING and having my words fall back in my face. Sick of it! HERE AND NOW I REPENT once again. I confess my sin, my worldliness, my enmity between my soul and my savior. OH LORD empower me to choose DEATH so YOU can RAISE ME into EVERLASTING LIFE. Then I know my prayer will be.....

LORD, I ask from you, what do YOU want for me? I know you will not refuse me this petition. And I know you will not refuse anyone who is praying with me........

Mat 7:7 Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:
Mat 7:8 For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.

- Lahry Sibley

2019/10/10 7:33Profile
davidkeel

West Sussex, England

Re: ASK AND YOU SHALL RECEIVE

Thank you for this Lahry. I believe you have used the verses well.

2019/10/11 19:13Profile
Onesimus4God

Chapala, Jalisco, Mexico

Re: I'm honored

That you have been blessed, so blesses me. Thank you for the acknowledgement and kind encouragement. GOD bless you real good as you go on with HIM. :)

2019/10/11 21:14Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy