SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : Has God the Father and Jesus Christ made their home inside you?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
cup

Has God the Father and Jesus Christ made their home inside you?

John 14:23, "If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our home with him."

Please let me know if they have made their home in you.

2019/10/4 5:38Profile
cup

Re: Has God the Father and Jesus Christ made their home inside you?

I am curious why no one has responded to this post. God the Father and Jesus Christ have made their home inside my mortal body here and now. Also the same Spirit that raised Christ from the dead has made His home within me.

Is this not just NORMAL CHRISTIANITY?

2019/10/6 3:48Profile
cup

Has the Holy Spirit made His home within you?

Rom 8:9, "But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his."

This is very clear and simple. If you do not have the same Spirit that raised Christ from the dead dwelling within you right now you are not a Christian.

2019/10/7 6:07Profile
cup

Your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you.

1 Cor. 6:19-20, "What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own? For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's."

2019/10/8 6:33Profile
KervinM

South Africa

Re: Your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you.

I agree with your application of the quoted verses. That this is indeed part of evangelical Christian fundamentals. I 'think' the absence of responses may owe in part on how you presented the matter - a manner that seems to be somewhat void of gentleness and grace that seeks to edify.

Myself I have for several years now been satisfied that the Father and his Son have their abode in me. And that so does his Holy Spirit, by whose working I, amongst others, groan in prayer virtually everyday (of cause by his grace still).

So I do indeed assert that this is indeed amongst doctrines that every Christian must be perfected on, ideally early in their walk of faith in Christ. And yes any who feel they are unclear on the subject may reply here and we should gladly advise for Christ's sake.

2019/10/20 9:43Profile
cup

Re: Thanks for your responce.

It has taken the Holy Spirit a long time before I realized this by His grace and I am sure there are others who are now or have experienced this. THANK GOD FOR HIS GRACE!!

2019/10/20 10:34Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy