SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : We don't really even need to give an answer but we will

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
docs

We don't really even need to give an answer but we will

15 I will give you one more chance to bow down and worship the statue I have made when you hear the sound of the musical instruments. But if you refuse, you will be thrown immediately into the blazing furnace. And then what god will be able to rescue you from my power?”

16 Shadrach, Meshach and Abed-nego replied to the king, “O Nebuchadnezzar, we do not need to give you an answer concerning this matter. 17 If it be so, our God whom we serve is able to deliver us from the furnace of blazing fire;and He will deliver us out of your hand, O king. 18 But even if He does not, let it be known to you, O king, that WE ARE NOT GOING TO SERVE YOUR GODS OR WORSHIP THE GOLDEN IMAGE THAT YOU HAVE SET UP. (Daniel 3:15-18)

Faith and unwavering tenacity had obviously become part of the characters of these men even before they were taken into captivity in Babylon. Before this they had told the king they would not eat the foods that he had been provided. The delicacies of Babylon had no attraction to them. Now their lives were at stake if they didn't worship the golden image. Many say Daniel and his comrades and their experience during their captivity is a end time picture of what the principality controlled Babylonish systems of this world will require of the church that these evil systems will seek to cast into fiery furnaces for not worshipping the golden images of their system. Will we have the God given Holy Ghost fortitude to answer as these men did because of what has already been formed within us beforehand? Much testing likely lies ahead for true believers. What utter tenacious and unwavering rock like commitment Shadrach, Meschach and Abed-nego had during their time of testing.

2019/10/2 23:24Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy