SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Confidence in the Flesh - Lahry Sibley

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Onesimus4God

Chapala, Jalisco, Mexico

Confidence in the Flesh - Lahry Sibley

Php 3:1 For the rest, my brethren, delight yourselves in the Lord and continue to rejoice that you are in Him. To keep writing to you [over and over] of the same things is not irksome to me, and it is [a precaution] for your safety.

Your "safety" and my own. What I have been given freely, I give. Irksome? Hardly. I cannot help but do what I do, for you and for me. My compulsion is rooted in your SAFETY. Not that you will one day gain heaven, but that IN CHRIST, you already have possession of it. HALLELUYAH. I have no strategy. No "5 year preaching plan". I just operate the keyboard for my LORD.
I have been writing here, almost daily, for over 10 years. Had the LORD or anyone would have given me this as an assignment a detailed assignment in the beginning, I would have thru my hands up in futility. I couldn't figure out on my own what to write one day, much less every day, day in and day out.

But I follow my LORD. HE leads, I follow. That means, I don't have to plan, schedule or decide. I just show up for duty each morning, and HE does the rest. So I just keep writing. How long will I write? Unknown. I've tried to quit many times. But HE just would not have it.
So I do what I do to serve HIM, and as a precaution for your safety. Why? Look at the next verse.

Php 3:2 Look out for those dogs [Judaizers, legalists], look out for those mischief-makers, look out for those who mutilate the flesh.

Under the "old covenant", the gentiles were called "dogs" by the Jews. It is an easy assumption to conclude that Paul used this term many times as a Pharisee, to refer to those without a covenant with YEHOVAH.
Now, it is just the opposite. He refers to the Jews as "dogs". Circumcision was their hallmark identity with YEHOVAH. This was the very SIGN of their covenant, that began with Abraham in Genesis 17. And to now refer to them as "dogs", and their circumcision as a work of the "flesh" is no small insult to them. Why, he might just as well told them that the SABBATH DAY was no longer on the 7th day, but the 1st day. It would have been easier for them to swallow that, than to set aside their confidence in circumcision.

Php 3:3 For we are the circumcision, which worship God in the spirit, and rejoice in Christ Jesus, and have no confidence in the flesh.

"We are now the covenant people, YEHOVAH's CHOSEN PEOPLE." We worship HAYAH in the SPIRIT, not in open ceremony and ritual rites declared to be true by this one and that one and who knows who. All demanding that we follow YEHOVAH on man's terms and not HAYAH'S.

We make our boast of Christ Jesus, as our only Savior, having no confidence in the flesh or in any outward rite or ceremony prescribed by the Jewish institutions. And nothing prescribed (written before) by the Catholics either.
With this in mind, why is it, pray tell, that Evangelical Christians put so much emphasis on religious "doing" that is not prescribed in the HOLY BIBLE, most of which originated in one form or another, with the Catholics, the ones they call "the great whore" of Revelation? What counts more with HAYAH, what we say, or what we do?

So why is it that we "do" so many things demanded by men, all the while paying little to no attention to what HAYAH asks of us through HIS SON and the HOLY SPIRIT? How is it that most of what people "do" as an exercise of their "faith", puts confidence in their rituals, holidays, and ceremonies, and little to no confidence in what our MESSIAH has already done for us all?

We say we "believe in CHRIST", but do we? Are we led by the HOLY SPIRIT? Or, are we led by the dictates of past practice, and the rules of men, just like the JEWS.
Catechism, Westminster Confession, etc. The list goes on and on. Good Friday, Easter, Christmas. Sunday Sabbath. Eat this but not that. Wear this but not that. Clergy/laity. And who knows what all. How are these things and so much more not putting confidence in the flesh. We feel much better when we do these things, rather than get in the SPIRIT and dwell on what has been done for us. ICABOD.

HOW IS THE PRACTICE OF OUR "FAITH" NOT CONFIDENCE IN THE FLESH?

Example: I attended a "charasmatic church" many years ago. And they wanted to form a "flag team". Ladies who dressed alike and performed a waving of flags before the LORD to "worship" HIM. So we knew this one lady that was so happy about this and wanted to be on the "worship flag waving team".
Well, she came to our home one day quite dejected. I inquired of her lament, and she said that she was told that if she wanted to be on the "flag worship team", she would have to lose some weight. I'm serious. Even now it brings tears to my eyes, just to tell you this story. Pathetic confidence in the flesh. "If we do this, HAYAH will be pleased". AAAAACCCCCCKKKKK!!!!!!!
All the while, my LORD and SAVIOR has every right to look down and say, "what about ME"? Is there not ENOUGH in what HE has done for us, to keep us rejoicing and celebrating right into eternity?

Today, for most of you, myself included, is "church day". Every day is a great day to worship in the SPIRIT. But how much of what we do, is ritualistic? And how much is Bible led and SPIRIT led? Where is it written in HIS word, the necessities of what we do each Sun Day? Isn't it true, that for most today, they will get their spiritual lift for the week, in what man does in the FLESH, rather than in the SPIRIT. And even in what is called "SPIRIT worship, there are "rules and definitions" as to what transpires. ICABOD (the glory of the LORD has departed). Worse, HIS glory has not been there, for a mighty long time. Flag teams. YUK. A stench in the nostrils of YEHOVAH. And you can't be overweight!!!!! At all. Gain a few pounds and you will be excused from this "honor". Oh my.

Confidence in the flesh. And worse, if these things don't "happen" when we attend "church" (not to be confused with HIS body), then we think it was NOT SPIRITUAL at all. Folks say things like "I didn't FEEL HIS presence". Since when does HIS presence follow the dictates of our feelings? Again, confidence in the FLESH. Oh, oh, oh. Blind leading the blind. Men, women too, with CREDENTIALS of MEN, and zero discernment and anointing from above, respected as "authorities", telling us and the HOLY SPIRIT, how we should worship.

Please don't misunderstand me here. I love to feel the manifest presence of the LORD. HIS promise to us, and all those who worship HIM in the OBEDIENCE of LOVE. Manifest presence, to me, means that HE can make HIS presence, that is already among us every day, felt in a discernable way that leads to WORSHIP in the SPIRIT with overwhelming joy and appreciation. And that can happen any day, any time, any where, that 2 or more are gathered together. You and the LORD, 2, together, in SPIRIT and in TRUTH. HIS glory leaks out from the VERY THRONE of the MOST HIGH and floods our hearts. See, worship is not a "learned behavior". Oh no. It is what happens when obedient man is confronted with HIS manifest presence.

Joh 14:21 He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.

You want to "worship HIM"? OBEY HIM. Oh yes. OBEY HIM. Watch and see how your life, and your WORSHIP will dramatically change. Sanctify yourself WHOLLY and HOLY. See how your WORSHIP abounds. Spontaneous WORSHIP.

....no confidence......in the flesh!

2019/9/23 8:13Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy