SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Thankyou everyone

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
coops

Thankyou everyone

Hi guys,
I just want to say a huge thankyou to this community. I am 19, running a small online site, and have had no theological training. Yet, I come on here all the time and search the forums for answers. I have asked questions from exorcism to evangelism and you have always been more than willing to help and discuss different issues.
Your love for God and desire for the truth is an encouragement, and your gracious helpfulness is humbling.

Thankyou all for being an active part of such a helpful community
:-)

God bless

Coops

2005/7/12 22:50Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re: Thankyou everyone

Thanks dear brother,

I pray that your desire to see revival in your local school comes to fruition. Its great to see the emphasis of a prayer meeting. It would be great to see a link to https://www.sermonindex.net somewhere :P [wink]

2005/7/12 23:02Profile
coops

Re:

LOL i have the featured sermon on there... (am i on that list?)
but yes, when i put a "useful sites" block up there, this one is at the top of the list!

anyay this wasnt ment to be a plug :lol:

just a thanks to all :-D

2005/7/12 23:14Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: Thankyou everyone

Hi David,

Saw your comment elsewhere and linked over to this...

Quote:
I am 19, running a small online site, and have had no theological training. Yet,...

Forgive the slight variation on clipping that where I did, but that 'yet' is something I wanted to mention. It makes this heart speed up a bit to hear that there are those half my age seeking after the Lord in this way, if I could express it halfway adequately... Do keep this in mind, this definition:

[b]Theology[/b]
[b]THEOL'OGY, n.[/b] [Gr. God, and discourse.] Divinity; the science of God and divine things; or the science which teaches the existence, character and attributes of God, his laws and government, the doctrines we are to believe,and the duties we are to practice. Theology consists of two branches, natural and revealed. Natural theology is the knowledge we have of God from his works, by the light of nature and reason. Revealed theology is that which is to be learned only from revelation.

Moral theology, teaches us the divine laws relating to our manners and actions, that is, our moral duties.theology, teaches or explains the doctrines of religion, as objects of faith.

Scholastic theology, is that which proceeds by reasoning, or which derives the knowledge of several divine things from certain established principles of faith.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Without overstating it, theology of the heart is of utmost importance and believe that is what God is after and has always been after. I truly believe that one could get quite the spiritual education from what is available here, or through here, am still enrolled and learning more and more everyday.

1Ti 4:12 Let no man despise thy youth; but be thou an example of the believers, in word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith, in purity.

Well on your way brother.

2005/7/16 9:27Profile

Re:

Always seek the truth... and when you find truth, defend it to the death. Why? Because it is the Truth that will set you free.

I'm encouraged by the number of younger folks joining us. They are the next generation of truth defenders.

Krispy

2005/7/16 10:07
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:

Krispy's right, perhaps both are best summed up here:

Psa 51:6 Behold, thou desirest truth in the inward parts: and in the hidden part thou shalt make me to know wisdom.

2005/7/16 10:14Profile

Coops

Growth is such a slow process. It takes years...for all of us. But that does not mean that truth and light is not spoken out of the mouths of babes.

See, it's not "where you are" but "Whose you are" that makes the difference. If you have a deep and abiding love and fellowship with
God, ministry opportunity will come to you just as natural as air does when you inhale. You won't have to "measure up" to anyone, because you have the greatest of all on board.

I'm not sure if it was you or not, but yesterday on another thread here, someone was speaking about being called to preach, yet was very young and immature in their walk and knowlege of the word.

Is education and knowlege of the bible important to success? Of course it is, as much as med school is to some kid that feels he wants to be a doctor. You don't give him a presciption pad and a stethescompe. He must be trained. But that does not mean that he is not functional during the training. He does all kinds of medical activites as his knowlege and experience grows. Even as a new doctor he/she will have to be interned under the watchful eye of an older doctor.

It is no different in the spiritual ministry of God's presence in you. It is the anointing that breaks the yoke. You either have it, or you don't. Those who do not have a living and abiding relationship with God but are very "churchy" will seek only what you know. But those who know God and walk with Him day by day will only be stirred when He moves through you.

Charles Finney, I am told, would often walk into a meeting and just take a few moments looking at the people when called to preach. Then he would speak a three word message. Three words! He is this famous preacher that everyone has been waiting for, and when he arrives....THREE WORDS?

He said, "Repent..........or perish". Then he would wait on the Holy Ghost in silence, some times 30 mins to an hour. But little by little, the Holy Spirit would break a heart, and someone would just stand up and begin to confess. Others would fall to the floor weeping in repentance. The whole place would just be alive with God. ALIVE with God. See the difference? It's not about who you are or what you know. It's all about Whose you are and following Him.

As others have already spoken here, it always blesses me as well when I see or hear of young people called by God. Oh the sorrow and grief I bear within my heart, that I had known Christ at an early age and given my heart to Him then.

I knew a pastor like that a few years back. He testified of being saved as a young boy. He was called by God at 12 to preach the Gospel and began doing so right away. He said he had never had a rebellious time in his life. All he could remember was loving and serving God. His whole life was consumed with it and you could tell. He married his high school sweetheart. Both testified that their spouse was the only person of the opposite sex that they had kissed outside of family and that their relationship was pure as can be from holding hands to the present. You know what? You could tell just being in their presence. Your spirit was edified just being with them. The ironic thing is that he never had a large church. Holiness and purity is not popular in this hour. But this meant nothing to this man and woman of God. The difference? They were God's and only God's.

I've got so much junk in me because it took God so long to get through to me. But He is longsuffering for those He places His hand upon. Oh how I will forever praise Him for His patience and long suffering. You won't have that problem if you keep your vessel clean. The blood of Christ washes away the stain, but it is up to us to keep our cup clean. Nobody wants to drink living water from a dirty cup. Keep your vessel clean and pure and God will abound through you.

Young brother, it's so normal to be impatient at 19. Dont' miss the wonder of being 19 in Christ by looking for 40. I assure you, when you get to be 40, you will look at 19 with wonder and awe. When you are almost 62 like me, 19 is absolutely amazing, especially when I see someone like you, who is called and set apart of God to be His. If you are His, let Him consume your life. Don't you be all you can be in Him. Let Him be all He can be in you. Enjoy the ride. He will carry you the entire way home.

Rejoicing in your love for Him,

Lahry

2005/7/17 8:05
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: Coops

God bless you Lahry,

Coops, if you were to take this wisdom to heart and I have a hunch you will, your growth will be incredibly expedited. At the same time, there will be times of testing and trials to come. But as Lahry well pointed out, it is much easier to never have 'gone there' than to have to have it burned off in the purging process. My own personal expereince aligns well with Lahry's own words;

Quote:
I've got so much junk in me because it took God so long to get through to me. But He is longsuffering for those He places His hand upon. Oh how I will forever praise Him for His patience and long suffering. You won't have that problem if you keep your vessel clean. The blood of Christ washes away the stain, but it is up to us to keep our cup clean. Nobody wants to drink living water from a dirty cup. Keep your vessel clean and pure and God will abound through you.

2005/7/17 12:47Profile
coops

Re: Thanks again...

Again, thankyou so much, your encouragement has just come at the perfect time:

Help! Is this all biblical? Im getting opposition...

I thank God for your grace and desire for Him and truth.

2005/7/18 9:15Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

Hi Coops...!

This site is such a blessing! I have enjoyed the wonderful resources -- as well as the interaction with other believers from various states, nations and backgrounds. I was introduced to it by Mary from Florida (chosen7stone) and I am so glad that she did so!

If you ever have a question, feel free to PM others on the site. I am delighted when I find PMs in my INBOX.

Anyway, thank you for joining this informal fellowship of believers!

Matthew 5:8

2005/7/18 12:39Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy