SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : The trouble started when I tried to do good - Derek Prince

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
PosterThread
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

10,000 “thumbs up” David. Very well stated.

2019/9/22 8:05Profile
docs

Re: A small 2 cents worth

"The cross has done things For us but God also intended that the cross do things IN us. This is distinct from Jesus did on the cross for us. We will never enjoy the permanent benefits of what He has accomplished for us unless we permit the cross to do in us what God has ordained. Nearly all of the problems that beset the Church, both collectively and individually, are due to our failure to let the cross do its work in us."

(Derek Prince - from "Bought With Blood: The Divine Exchange At The Cross" - ch 12)

doc: I'm certainly not there yet but the above saves us from trying to do good which usually always leads to legalistic standards which we use to judge our spirituality by. If the cross is allowed BY FAITH to do its work IN us we are delivered from legalism and trying to do good.

Satan's main work is to try and obscure the reality of the cross in the believer's life and beguile the Church into looking elsewhere for provision.

Be encouraged. Blessings.

2019/9/22 8:44Profile
davidkeel

West Sussex, England

Re:

Over coming sin isn't a permanent life of striving. When you overcome what Christ lays on your heart to overcome you revert back to abiding and resting in grace.

Otherwise you would just be living a whole life outside of God's provision of the Holy Spirit for us and the new life he has given us.
It's a season you go through

2019/9/22 9:14Profile
BranchinVINE

Australia

Re: David Keel

Do you overcome sin by grace (God's work in us) or by self-work (i.e. flesh)?

2019/9/22 9:44Profile
davidkeel

West Sussex, England

Re:

Titus 2 v 11.
For the grace of God has appeared that offers salvation to all people.
12 It teaches us to say “No” to ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live self-controlled, upright and godly lives in this present age,

Its an act of obeying the conviction of the Holy Spirit Jade
so it's a spiritual element to us.

2019/9/22 10:25Profile
BranchinVINE

Australia

Re:

David,

Do you make yourself holy through much self-perseverance?

2019/9/22 11:13Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

“Do you overcome sin by grace (God's work in us) or by self-work (i.e. flesh)?”

I always thought we overcome sin by the blood of Jesus.

2019/9/22 11:42Profile
davidkeel

West Sussex, England

Re:

It's obeying Christ. As Hebrews 10 v 36 says.

How do you both fulfill this verse of Scripture "Take every thought captive to the obedience of Christ" ?

Tell me how you both do it. Do you persevere ?

2019/9/22 11:50Profile
BranchinVINE

Australia

Re:

Quote:
“Do you overcome sin by grace (God's work in us) or by self-work (i.e. flesh)?”

I always thought we overcome sin by the blood of Jesus.

Amen, Bill. We overcome sin by the blood of Jesus that was shed for us at the cross. The blood of Jesus cleanses us from all sin (1 John 1:7).

It is 100% God’s work. The work was finished by Jesus at the cross. By one offering He has perfected for all time those who are sanctified (Heb. 10:14).

It is 0% man’s work. All our righteous deeds are like a filthy garment (Isa. 64:6).

2019/9/23 2:31Profile
BranchinVINE

Australia

Re: davidkeel

Quote:
It's obeying Christ. As Hebrews 10 v 36 says.

How do you both fulfill this verse of Scripture "Take every thought captive to the obedience of Christ" ?

Tell me how you both do it. Do you persevere?

(1)

2 Cor. 10:5 –
We are destroying speculations and every lofty thing raised up against the knowledge of God, and we are taking every thought captive to the obedience of Christ,

We are MADE RIGHTEOUS THROUGH CHRIST’S OBEDIENCE:

Rom. 5:19 –
For as through the one man's disobedience the many were made sinners, EVEN SO THROUGH THE OBEDIENCE OF THE ONE THE MANY WILL BE MADE RIGHTEOUS.

(2)

Heb. 10:36 –
For you have need of endurance, so that when you have done the will of God, you may receive what was promised.

THIS IS THE WILL OF GOD:

John 6:40 –
"For this is the will of My Father, that everyone who BEHOLDS THE SON and BELIEVES IN HIM will have eternal life, and I Myself will raise him up on the last day."

Our obedience is the obedience of faith in Jesus.

Acts 16:31 - Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved……

Rom. 1:5 –
through whom we have received grace and apostleship TO BRING ABOUT THE OBEDIENCE OF FAITH among all the Gentiles for His name's sake,

(3)

BEHOLD THE SON

We see Jesus, the Great I AM.

John 8:58—
Jesus said to them, "Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was born, I am." –

John 8:24 (ISV) –
That is why I told you that you will die in your sins, for unless you believe that I AM, you'll die in your sins.

We behold Jesus ---
The Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world (John 1:29)
The Bread of Life (John 6:35,48)
The Light of the World (John 8:12, 9:5)
The Door for the Sheep (John 10:7,9)
The Good Shepherd (John 10:11,14)
The Resurrection and the Life (John 11:25)
The Way, the Truth and the Life (John 14:6)
The True Vine (John 15)
Our Wisdom from God, and Righteousness and Sanctification and Redemption (1 Cor. 1:30)

We behold Jesus ---
He lives in us! (John 14:20, 17:21-26, Gal. 2:20)

And so much, so much more. Of things which eye has not seen and ear has not heard and which have not entered into the heart of man (1 Cor. 2:9). The riches of Christ are unfathomable (Eph. 3:8).

BEHOLD. BELIEVE. TRANSFORMED.

2 Cor. 3:18 –
But we all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as from the Lord, the Spirit.

Hallelujah!

(4)

GOD’S PRECIOUS REST – DO NOT DESPISE IT OR BELITTLE IT

Heb. 3:17-19 –
And with whom was He angry for forty years? Was it not with those who sinned, whose bodies fell in the wilderness? And to whom did He swear that they would not enter His rest, but to those who were disobedient? So we see that they could not enter in because of unbelief.

Heb. 4:3, 10 –
For we who have believed enter that rest……For the one who has entered His rest has himself also rested from his works, as God did from His.

Admonition:

Heb. 4:1 –
Therefore, let us fear if, while a promise remains of entering His rest, any one of you may seem to have come short of it.

Heb. 4:11 –
Therefore let us be diligent to enter that rest, so that no one will fall, through following the same example of disobedience.

Glorious rest!

Matt. 6:28-30 –
Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin; and yet I say to you that even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.
But if God so clothes the grass of the field, which is alive today and tomorrow is thrown into the furnace, will He not much more clothe you? You of little faith!

(5)

PERSEVERANCE

Of course, we persevere!!!

Here is how:

Heb. 10:22 –
let us draw near with a true heart IN FULL ASSURANCE OF FAITH……

Heb. 6:11-12 –
And we desire that each one of you show the same diligence so as to realize the FULL ASSURANCE OF HOPE UNTIL THE END, so that you will not be sluggish, but imitators of those who THROUGH FAITH AND PATIENCE INHERIT THE PROMISES.

Heb. 10:36-39 –
For you have NEED OF ENDURANCE, so that when you have done the will of god, you may receive what was promised.
For yet in a very little while, he who is coming will come, and will not delay.
But MY RIGHTEOUS ONE SHALL LIVE BY FAITH;
And if he shrinks back, my soul has no pleasure in him.
But WE ARE not of those who draw back to perdition, but of THOSE WHO BELIEVE TO THE SAVING OF THE SOUL.

Heb. 12:1-2 –
Therefore, since we have so great a cloud of witnesses surrounding us, let us also lay aside every encumbrance and the sin which so easily entangles us, and LET US RUN WITH ENDURANCE THE RACE THAT IS SET BEFORE US, FIXING OUR EYES ON JESUS, THE AUTHOR AND PERFECTER OF FAITH, who for the joy set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.

1 Tim. 6:12 –
Fight the good fight of faith

2 Tim. 4:7 –
I have fought the good fight, I HAVE FINISHED THE RACE, I HAVE KEPT THE FAITH.

John 11:40 –
Jesus said to her, "Did I not say to you that if you believe, you will see the glory of God?"

Jude 1:24-25 –
Now to Him who is able to keep you from stumbling, and to make you stand in the presence of His glory blameless with great joy, to the only God our Savior, through Jesus Christ our Lord, be glory, majesty, dominion and authority, before all time and now and forever. Amen.

Blessings

2019/9/23 2:33Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy