SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : The trouble started when I tried to do good - Derek Prince

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
PosterThread
BranchinVINE

Australia

Re: Jesus is our continuous hitting of the target

Quote:
But there is another word that means hitting the bulls eye. That word is used in Hebrews, but badly translated by the Calvinist translators.

Hi Vern, where is this word used in Hebrews? Thanks.

2019/9/18 3:29Profile
cup

Re: Jade

The word is harmatia.

This is the brand of sin that emphasizes its self-originated (self-empowered) nature – i.e. it is not originated or empowered by God (i.e. not of faith, His inworked persuasion, cf. Ro 14:23).

2019/9/18 7:33Profile
davidkeel

West Sussex, England

Re: The trouble started when I tried to do good - Derek Prince

We have to reckon on taking our thoughts captive . I believe this is the missing thing in a lot of our repentance. And why it has seemed impossible for some people to repent. We will find it very difficult to overcome our most habitual sins without this discipline. As they have become part of our subconscious mind. And we are still tempted by them when were walking around not fully aware what our mind is dwelling upon. The battle for us to give into habitual sin takes place in the mind. Very often when we are daydreaming. Anyone who has had addictions will know this is true.

That's why it says we are to " be alert and self controlled " (1 Peter 5v8) And " gird up the loins of your mind." (1 Peter 1v13) We have to chastise ourselves in doing this and lose our hold on this world and the devils temptations. It means losing your old life and being a person who now has to be alert and self disciplined. I know it's a big change but it's part of becoming mature.

And we will truly become a person that has been transformed by the renewing of our minds. The word transformed is metamorphosed (changed from one type of creature into another) by us renewing our mind)

https://wordoflife.edu/2017/12/13/self-control-and-alert/

2019/9/19 5:52Profile
cup

Re: NOW Jesus has become our hitting of the target

Hebrews 3:13, "but exhort one another daily, while it is called "Today," lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin."

Paul is not speaking about a heart in which unbelief is merely present, but a heart that is controlled by unbelief. It is a heart that believes that it is sufficient in its self and expects to rule over all sin.

This is the root of sin and becomes an act independence from God.

We now know that we are NOT sufficient by ourselves to think any thing as from ourselves; but our sufficiency is from God

2 Cor. 3:5, "Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think any thing as of ourselves; but our sufficiency is of God;"

NOW Jesus has become our hitting of the target. In other words the sin of "sin" is using the "sin" to drive God far away from ourselves. But when we know that Jesus is our continuous hitting of the target, we place any action that might or might not be "sin," into Him, into His empty grave, and we continue walk as one person together with our Father without hindrance.

2019/9/19 5:55Profile
JFW

Dothan, Alabama

Re: gobbledygook - play the ball not the man

Vern this is not a judgement of you but rather what you write and post in a public forum....
it (what you wrote) is patently perverse- full stop.
Completely and totally devoid of the spirit of the living God-full stop.
It (what you wrote) alleges one thing, then promotes another...
twisting not only the scriptures but their intent-
Redefining words/terms, bending them to fit a mode of deception with the end goal of subverting and ultimately overthrowing the faith of some weaker brethren.
Turning the whole counsel of the word on its head for anyone whom unwittingly falls into its trap... leading them into a labyrinth of religious madness all while promising freedom.

These postings are but weeds among the wheat, and tho I have prayed and petitioned the Lord,... I am not allowed to pluck them out, burn them up, nor cut them down- however the Lord has allowed me to “post” them-

Beware all whom read these words,... carefully and prayerfully consider each one as to wether the Lord of hosts is truly the author of such!
Seek the Lord, asking for discernment in these evil days of perverseness lest we, like the silly housewives, be taken captive by a web of lies, deceit and damnable heresies- not one of us is above being deceived, therefore take heed lest when we think we stand, we fall. Examine ourselves to see wether we are in the faith.... and we must put on the full armor (Christ) daily if we are to walk with the Lord, He in His mercy has provided a way and means for His children, let us not neglect that which cost our beloved His life, for how shall we escape if we neglect so great a salvation? He is not playing- this is not a joke- and God is not a respecter of persons. If the righteous scarcely be saved..... where shall the sinner and ungodly appear?

2019/9/19 7:37Profile
BranchinVINE

Australia

Re:

Vern,

"Jesus is our continuous hitting of the target"

Agree.
Good food for thought.
Am putting together scripture for this.
Looking forward to a good discussion.

2019/9/19 8:30Profile
BranchinVINE

Australia

Re:

Back off, Fletcher.

2019/9/19 8:31Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Saints,

Please do not use personal attacks at all this is not allowed here. Rather if there is an error please graciously share the problem, show scriptures and share in love what is wrong so we can see clearly.

2019/9/19 14:16Profile
JFW

Dothan, Alabama

Re: Brother Greg

If you’re referring to my post, there was no personal attack on a person or attack on a previous posting... simply a sober warning- not pretending a tare is a stalk of wheat...
As to your point of encouragement, it is well taken and many (including myself) have (past tense) sought to give him the benefit of the doubt and offered repeated points of correction to this particular poster, yet they continue- indeed my heart is grieved by the deception that is clearly and obviously being expounded.
I have no personal issue with Vern, as I do not know nor have ever met him... however the words he puts into a public forum are subject to public scrutiny and I will never “back off” when it comes to rooting out deception and defending the faith handed down to us.
If, in your estimation, I have erred in my warning others about this deception, please by all means point it out offering scriptural correction and I will certainly take it into prayerful consideration...

Honestly, tell me... if you see someone peddling poison to unsuspecting brethren, what would you do?
I know it’s poison because I am quite familiar with this particular flavor and have seen it destroy several otherwise healthy saints in spite of many warnings and pleading- it works like a virus and once you play host to it... well I’ll say it this way,... I’ve watched several be destroyed by its power and never have I witnessed someone get totally free from it - it’s like spiritual meth-

2019/9/19 14:56Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

brother,

Please write out exactly what the error is and the truth and solution so we can read that.

2019/9/19 15:01Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy