Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : Ministry evaluation

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
dougr777

Ministry evaluation

“Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and Be in Health…” 3 John 2

I attend a church and they have a ministry that came out of this verse, beinhealth dot com. While I do believe that God does heal today, I'm wrestling with the thesis that there are spiritual roots and sin that cause disease or prevent Gods blessings, and how this affects our relationship with God, Jesus, and the gospel message. Read Deut 28. Says the blessings shall overtake you, and curses are for the disobedient. Thanks

2019/9/14 15:49Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re: Ministry evaluation

While we reject the false prosperity teaching, we believe the true teachings in the Word concerning biblical prosperity. I looked up the Greek word for prosperity, and it means exactly that. We also reject the false teaching that God blesses us with sickness, failure and poverty.

There are spiritual roots behind many sicknesses and diseases. Stress, fear and worry will cause you to have problems in your body. Unforgiveness can be a hindrance for a person seeking healing. Sometimes there is a spirit of infirmity that has to be dealt with.

Of course many sicknesses and diseases have natural causes. Anyone who abuses their body through drugs, smoking, or excessive drinking cannot expect to be in good health.

We should be taking our medicine daily:

PROVERBS 4:20-23 NKJ
20 My son, give attention to my words; incline your ear to my sayings.
21 Do not let them depart from your eyes; keep them in the midst of your heart;
22 For they are life to those who find them, and health (MEDICINE) to all their flesh.
23 Keep your heart with all diligence, for out of it spring the issues of life.

PSALM 103:2-3 NKJ
2 Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all His benefits:
3 Who forgives all your iniquities, Who heals all your diseases,

2019/9/14 16:54Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Briggs Apple Cider Vinegar puts that verse on their bottles.

2019/9/15 8:29Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy