Image Map
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : Sabatoge Within the Church

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Sabatoge Within the Church

By T. Austin Sparks

Are your hearts tender and compassionate? Then make me truly happy by agreeing wholeheartedly with each other, loving one another, and working together with one mind and purpose. (Philippians 2:1,2 NLT)

Error, false teaching, and heresy have always been a major means by which the Devil has sought to destroy "the testimony of Jesus," but when he brought in the weapon of what is known as "Modernism," or "Higher Criticism," he used a double-barreled gun. One barrel he aimed directly at the great fundamental truths of the Person of Christ, the work of Christ, and the authority of the Bible. He has thus wrought great havoc, but one wonders whether even that is comparable to the mischief of his second and closely related barrel. By it he has poured out volumes and clouds of suspicion, fear, mistrust, apprehension, and all the grievous effects of these among true Christians. There is not a single person today who is quite safe in this "Christian" world and atmosphere. Some of the most outstanding and erstwhile evangelical stalwarts have at length fallen under its awful miasma, and died of a broken heart because of it – and all so untrue! The enemy stops short at no point short of dividing the last two Christians, and if he cannot find true ground for doing it by spreading suspicion and mistrust – "evil report" – he will make it by giving a twist to anything that is capable of being twisted....

We beg to appeal to all those to whose eyes this message may come, that they will ask the Lord, if need be, to completely convert their mentality in this matter. Would it not be more according to the Spirit of the Master, who said, "Let him that is without sin cast the first stone," and "He that is not against us is for us," if, as our instant reaction to every "report," "rumor," criticism, judgment, insinuation, innuendo, or whisper, we instantly asked the question, "Is it true? Did the speaker – or writer – really mean that? Is there not another meaning to be given to it? Is it not – perhaps – an unfortunate way of putting it, but not necessarily pernicious?" Should we not, before accepting it, find out whether our interpretation is the right one, or whether we may be mistaken? The enemy is engaged more than ever upon a campaign of sabotage within the Church for its internal disintegration, and it is for us to resist him by seeking all the positive ground of fellowship possible, not looking for all the negative ground, either really or imaginatively existent.

2019/9/9 4:07Profile
EAGLEFLYING

Re: Sabatoge Within the Church

Brother..
This is so so dear to my heart.. We are the church and we can be part of the solutions or be part of the problems..
Jesus is still the head of the church. If we do not hold a higher standard and stay in the Word. and live it out like our brother James teaches us. I listened to a sermon by Pastor John Kilpatrick about prayer.. It was message to all pastors.. It was bout James being killed and then when Peter was arrested the church prayed without ceasings. Where are the prayer warriors praying without ceasing??
. I think of the Apostle Paul when He wrote I cor 12,13,14.. I cor 13 was in the middle for a reason.. May we all be full of HIS love HIS mercy and forgiveness with each other.. May we all repent and turn to GOD for HIS mercy for us. I had a pastor give us all rocks one day.. He was quoting the sermon about the woman caught in adultery.. Where was the other person??I said enough we are to love one another and esteem others better than ourselves.. I almost didnt post this but I am a seasoned warrior for JESUS.. I have not arrived and Love JESUS. I am open to any prayer meetings where people want to meet with GOD and BELIEVE PRAYER CHANGES THINGS.. WE NEED TO REPENT... ALL OF US.. WE cry for revival but do we love our brothers and sisters as CHRIST would have us..
I do not like what I see in all the churches. My prayer is LORD break any religious boxes in me and in YOUR CHURCH in JESUS NAME. The World is watching us... May He have Mercy upon us and forgive us for any misrepresentation we have had of Him in any way thought or deed.. in JESUS name. In faith and under HIS MERCY..
Sister Frannie

2019/9/11 9:36Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy