SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Benny Hinn renounces prosperity gospel.

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re:

“So if God is working in BH what he does or is led to do to restore, reconcile, or pay restitution is between BH and God in my opinion. The interview Greg posted of BH sounds genuine and sets well in my spirit. I don’t feel it exalts BH in any way but exalts Jesus Christ. I can tell you that it compels me to be that much more pleasing to God because He is so rich in mercy.”

There is no doubt that Benny Hinn failed in his ministry, and he has acknowledged this in a recent interview with Steven Strang.

Our merciful Lord always receives true repentance. So I am thankful for any man that has been in error, acknowledging it, and turning to the truth.

https://youtu.be/IrryxmAfXIk

2019/9/7 14:23Profile
drifter

Campbell River, B.C.

Re:

David, it is not my intention to strive with you or slander Benny Hinn.

Jesus took the rich young ruler through the commandments (much like Ray Comfort does in his evangelism). He used the commandments to expose the idol in this man's heart: money.

Of course it is not wrong to have material possessions. But I can't believe his repentance is genuine until he actually makes restitution to all the people he took money from.

Remember how angry Jesus was when the Pharisees turned religion into a money making scam. He said they devoured widow's houses.

Please, please christians, use your discernment. It's not being judgmental to expose charlatans.

2019/9/7 18:52Profile
dfella

Canton, Michigan

Re:

Amen brother totally agree. There must be something said about ones open confession before the whole world.

Nigel, thanks for sharing your thoughts and understanding in this matter. I appreciate and believe you do not want to strive or argue as well. But again, I cannot help but go back to what true biblical repentance is and how it begins from Gods perspective. Look at this portion concerning Saul/Paul’s repentance and Gods response to Ananias.

“As Saul was coming near the city of Damascus, suddenly a light from the sky flashed around him. He fell to the ground and heard a voice saying to him, “Saul, Saul! Why do you persecute me?” “Who are you, Lord?” he asked. “I am Jesus, whom you persecute,” the voice said. “But get up and go into the city, where you will be told what you must do.” The men who were traveling with Saul had stopped, not saying a word; they heard the voice but could not see anyone. Saul got up from the ground and opened his eyes, but could not see a thing. So they took him by the hand and led him into Damascus. For three days he was not able to see, and during that time he did not eat or drink anything. There was a believer in Damascus named Ananias. He had a vision, in which the Lord said to him, “Ananias!” “Here I am, Lord,” he answered. The Lord said to him, “Get ready and go to Straight Street, and at the house of Judas ask for a man from Tarsus named Saul. He is praying, and in a vision he has seen a man named Ananias come in and place his hands on him so that he might see again.””
‭‭Acts‬ ‭9:3-12

Now here is Ananias’ response and what God tells Ananias.

“Ananias answered, “Lord, many people have told me about this man and about all the terrible things he has done to your people in Jerusalem. And he has come to Damascus with authority from the chief priests to arrest all who worship you.” The Lord said to him, “Go, because I have chosen him to serve me, to make my name known to Gentiles and kings and to the people of Israel. And I myself will show him all that he must suffer for my sake.””
‭‭Acts‬ ‭9:13-16‬ ‭

Paul said of himself that he was chief amongst all sinners yet God chose him and saved him. He was not only accepted by Ananias but all the disciples as well. I am sure Paul even had some whom he had murdered their loved ones forgive and accept Paul.

Which brings to mind the thief on the cross. What did he do? Did he make any restitution before being forgiven?

I don’t believe for one second BH pocketed every offering and that absolutely none of it was used to operate the ministry. So again, as God told Ananias not to worry about Paul and his repentance. God said he would take care Of the suffering Paul would endure for the Kimgdom and the Gospel.

I was spared ever feeling led to follow BH and all the others so my defense of BH is in no way personal. My defense is of the Gospel and the Lord Jesus Christ.

I can take his confession and willingness to forsake the sin and the lie and then by faith leave the results up to God.

Thank you both again, God Bless!!!!

2019/9/7 19:55Profile
CalvaryCom

Greater NYC area

Re:

Benny's Hinn operated in unclean spirits. I've seen video footage of him onstage with demon-possessed Rodney Howard-Browne. Likewise. I've seen video of Howard-Browne and Kenneth Copeland talking TO each other in tongues and laughing maniacally before 'zapping' other people, causing them to fall down and twitch uncontrollably. You can watch videos of any number of Hindu gurus doing the same thing to their devotees.

While sound doctrine is important, what does it matter if one has the right words, but the wrong spirit? Even Satan can quote scripture, as seen when he tried to tempt Jesus in the wilderness.

When Benny confesses to and repents of SORCERY then that will indeed be a time to rejoice. But these people who make merchandise of other people with "big business churchianity" will always put a new spin on what they are doing in order to keep the spotlight.

2019/9/8 8:28Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re:

For some people, no amount of repentance is good enough to satisfy their judgmental, critical spirits. It is mostly the same ones that have established a pattern of accusations against the brethren. Alec , you have called Steve Hill a false teacher, and so I am not a bit surprised that you would totally overlook Benny Hinn’s confession, and bring up sins from his past. When I hear something like this, what I am hearing is the voice of the accuser of the brethren.

2019/9/8 9:11Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re: Brother Mike

Thank you Brother Mike. It's amazing that some want to sit in judgement, of something that is between God and BH. As Christians, we should be very careful, I'm sure not going to comment on other things BH should be doing besides his repenting. He just repented, can't we all just give God a little more time to work in BH life? Your anger and hate will never move God to do anything, but your Love sure will.

There's only one minister that I personally know of that never sinned, and his name was Jesus Christ, please don't be a Jesus Christ JR. and sit in judgement, unless you have never sinned. For some here when I read these comments, I guess the Blood Of Jesus is not enough, I also would imagine, that some here have done worse than BH, just in a different way, but if you must continue to Judge, go ahead, cast the first stone!

2019/9/8 10:50Profile
narrowpath

Germany NRW

Re:

I am glad that BH denounced this false teaching. He has done much damage to the kingdom of God. Souls got forever lost because they were entangled in this nonsense.

I had come out of this "Prosperity teaching/Holy Laughter/Slain in the spirit" type of false revival after God deal with me and led me to face reality. I am forever indebted to SI featured preachers for pointing me towards the truth, and I am glad that I could meet some of those in person. I tried to reach out to those of my church who were swept away by it, but they more of less thought I was a bit strange.

I listened to this video. I do not know what to make out of it, I miss a statement about his involvement in the "holy laughter/slain" in the spirit movement that have intoxicated millions.

Confession is just the first step of repentance.
Repentance must bring fruit, restoration and restituion. John the Baptist was not fooled by those who just had some shallow motions about repentance and spoke harsh words I am sure you all know.

I pray that Benny Hinn will not stop short but will go all the way. May the Lord help him, he did a good step in the right direction, yet he has a long way to go to come clean.

Lets see if it is in the lines of Psalm 51 or if he just made some adjustments because he was found out. Herod followed John the Baptist in many things, but he never really turned from sin.

There were other pastors before BH who confessed their sin publically, you can check for yourself if they did so because they had no choice or if it was genuine repentance, restituion, restoration and righteous living afterwards.

Let us not condemn him, but let us not be fooled either. I will pray for him.

2019/9/8 14:31Profile
CalvaryCom

Greater NYC area

Re:

Mike wrote: "Alec , you have called Steve Hill a false teacher, and so I am not a bit surprised that you would totally overlook Benny Hinn’s confession, and bring up sins from his past. When I hear something like this, what I am hearing is the voice of the accuser of the brethren."

That may be what *you* are hearing, but that doesn't mean your perceptions are correct.

I didn't speak of Benny Hinn's past sins. I spoke of something far worse: demonic possession & impartation.

How does a man operating in another spirit ever get free of it & NEVER admit to operating in an unclean spirit, performing false miracles? This is very, very serious.

Mike, if you cannot recognize the Holy Spirit operating through a sanctified vessel for Christ as opposed to a counterfeit profiteer who beguiles unstable souls---what can I say?

May we all be guided into all truth, and free of deceiving spirits and "cunningly devised fables."

2019/9/8 16:00Profile
narrowpath

Germany NRW

Re:

Without making any endorsements, I think Todd Friel from Wretched Radio gives a balanced comment on this, giving the examples from the scriptures of Zacheus and the Ninivites how they repented.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0GwEvmbTuI

2019/9/9 4:09Profile
docs

Re:

A lot going on. Many talking about this. I dont know what he will do from here but I watched a 28 minute interview with Hinn. He seemed very sincere and mainly concerned with young Christians and young pastors just beginning. He believes the Bible teaches prosperity but it can be in all things not just money but can include the monetary. He said the giving to obtain had become a gimmick instead of being motivated out of love for Jesus. He believes the trouble with the modern prosperity movement is the way it has come to be presented. As a gimmick. He said the gospel and miracles CANNOT be bought and wants his message from now on to be centered on the saving cross of Jesus. He clearly explained what the true gospel is.

I personally believe making the Holy Ghost a onstage play thing needs to repented of also. Yet he was sincere and articulate in this interview regarding the prosperity gospel of today.

2019/9/9 10:06Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy