SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Benny Hinn renounces prosperity gospel.

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread
drifter

Campbell River, B.C.

Re:

"For Benny Hinn to repent, he would need to empty his coffers, give every cent he has to good ministries, shut his ministry down, confess to his lies and false prophecies, join a sound church, and never preach again." -Justin Peters

2019/9/6 22:23Profile
docs

Re:

I'm glad Hinn has done what he has and I am not trying to be a burr. Yet Peters is a cessationist who believes tongues, interpretation of tongues, prophecy to foretell the future, and healing ceased with the early apostles when the canon of scripture became intact. There seems to be room for doctrinal adjustment for him in this area I think. That's all.

Blessings.

2019/9/7 5:57Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re:

God knows the heart of Benny Hinn in this matter, and Justin Peters doesn’t, so let’s not judge Benny Hinn’s motives in renouncing the prosperity gospel. There are still modern day Pharisees out there that need to remove the bolder out of their own eyes before judging
the motives of others.

2019/9/7 8:35Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re:

God knows the heart of Benny Hinn in this matter, and Justin Peters doesn’t, so let’s not judge Benny Hinn’s motives in renouncing the prosperity gospel. There are still modern day Pharisees out there that need to remove the bolder out of their own eyes before judging
the motives of others.

2019/9/7 8:37Profile
drifter

Campbell River, B.C.

Re:

It's not just the prosperity gospel he preached for years, it's the phony healings, the false prophecies, cursing people, saying Jesus is going to physically manifest on the stage with him, associating with false teachers, Simony...

2019/9/7 10:54Profile
dfella

Canton, Michigan

Re:

What people are asking for before they will receive BH repentance is not biblical in any way. His repentance is toward God and his faith is toward the Lord Jesus Christ not man.

“Testifying both to the Jews, and also to the Greeks, repentance toward God, and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ.”
‭‭Acts‬ ‭20:21‬ ‭KJV‬‬

I have often wondered over the past several years if men like BH would repent and renounce their error and it is happening! Does this exalt BH? Not in my eyes, it exalts Jesus Christ and His unfailing merciful LOVE.

How would Paul have faired in his repentance if he lived today? I believe that the modern day Pharisees would be in much more unbelief than what we are hearing about BH. How can there be rejoicing in heaven over one sinner who repents than rejoicing amongst Gods people?

If we claim to truly have the Holy Spirit in us yet are unable to recognize, bear witness, and discern biblical repentance in others how are we going to judge other spiritual matters? How do we even begin to minister true biblical salvation to others when we give them a laundry list of what they must do in order to be saved or believed?

Your going to bind them with over 600 OT laws and commandments and expect them to truly be set free? No, there are only two commandments the NT church need follow and until you get a revelation of that you will do far worse damage to people than the prosperity preachers.

2019/9/7 11:20Profile
drifter

Campbell River, B.C.

Re:

David, he literally has gone on television and tried to sell spiritual gifts. For money. This has nothing to do with me "binding him with 600 Old Testament laws". The man has preached doctrines of devils. He doesn't even fit the biblical requirements to be an elder, let alone a ministry leader.

2019/9/7 12:24Profile
drifter

Campbell River, B.C.

Re:

When Jesus was asked by the rich young ruler "what must I do to inherit eternal life" Jesus told him to "sell everything you have, and give to the poor." When Zacchaeus truly repented he gave half of his money to the poor, and restored fourfold to anyone he had defrauded. These are not pharasaical, legalistic requirements. These examples are in the New Testament.

2019/9/7 12:40Profile
drifter

Campbell River, B.C.

Re:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7UIWRcib_g

2019/9/7 12:45Profile
dfella

Canton, Michigan

Re:

Nigel, then you and I and everyone else who have not sold all that we have and given up our homes, spouses, parents, children, and siblings are doomed.

Are you saying that Jesus expected the religious ruler to trust in keeping the commandments was going to save him? That contradicts how one is truly saved. If anyone could be saved by keeping the commandments Jesus died in vain.

If you read the whole context of this exchange Jesus is trying to get him to focus on Faith in God and not religion or the law. Even Peter said to Jesus Who then can be saved if we have to do all these things? Jesus said with MAN it is impossible meaning if you are trusting in what you do to enter the kingdom of God it won’t work. It’s a heart issue not a works issue.

There is nothing wrong in having money or possessions as long as you rule over them and they don’t rule over you. In fact Jesus condemns those who don’t take the wealth He gives them and they don’t multiply it which is a stewardship issue.

So if you yourself own a home, have money in the Bank, and have not forsaken every single person in your family you are just as lost and without hope as Benny Hinn.

I am not wishing to be contentious with you Nigel but how we judge others is how we will be judged. In your eyes there is no hope for BH unless he does this or does that and like Jesus said with man it is impossible but with God all things are possible. Only God can save, only God can draw, only God can grant repentance to whomsoever He wills.

As for Zacchaeus all the things he said he was going to do were a fruit or proof of his salvation not the cause. When Jesus told him that Salvation came to his house Jesus was speaking of Himself and that HE IS the salvation.

So if God is working in BH what he does or is led to do to restore, reconcile, or pay restitution is between BH and God in my opinion. The interview Greg posted of BH sounds genuine and sets well in my spirit. I don’t feel it exalts BH in any way but exalts Jesus Christ. I can tell you that it compels me to be that much more pleasing to God because He is so rich in mercy.

I do appreciate your thoughts Nigel and for allowing me to express mine. I don’t visit here to much because of all the contention and strife.

For some time can only tell if what God is doing in BH is genuine. For me, I accept his statement of repentance just like I wanted God to forgive me when I asked Him to and I will pray for BH and praise God at the same time.

2019/9/7 14:19Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy