SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Fire and Water....Judgement and Mercy.

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
CofG

Cambodia

Fire and Water....Judgement and Mercy.

Is the Gospel message John 3:16 or is it John 3:16-19?

The preaching of Noah, Jonah, Lot all the prophets sent to Israel, John the Baptist, Jesus and the evangelistic sermons from Acts and the Epistles were motivated by God’s mercy, loving kindness, pity and compassion. The message was “flee as in “run” from your sinful rebellious life and the terrible wrath to come and receive the mercy and love God is offering while He is merciful and most importantly soon before it is too late.” The days are evil and the time is short.

When Jonah preached it was “40 days and this city will be destroyed”. Thankfully the city listened and was spared. They were wise.

Jesus, one greater than Jonah, preached that within a generation Jerusalem, the city of God and the temple, would be destroyed. ( turned out to be 40 years )
Tragically, very few listened to His warning and the city and people were not spared God’s wrath. They were foolish because they ignored and mocked the clear warnings and killed the messenger.

Just as importantly, Jesus, the apostles and the prophets preached to the church “be ready and be sure you are “in Christ”, abiding in Christ, truly faithful to Christ and not deceiving yourself, for soon and very soon Jesus is coming to pour out vengeance upon all who do not truly know God or the Gospel. “ They told the unbeliever and the professing believer “be wise and listen”.

The question today is not “who warned you to flee the wrath to come?” Rather the question today is, is anybody warning anybody of anything? There is little warning going out to the world and far less to the professing church. A lot of incomplete instruction, half promises, invitations and false assurances, but no warnings.

Helping people flee to the refuge of Jesus from the wrath of Jesus and helping them be assured they are actually safe in Jesus is the preaching that is needed before all that can be shaken is shaken. Soul shaking warnings are most appropriate for imminent heaven and earth shaking times. They are in fact a loving mercy from God.

Seek the Lord while He May be found and before all hope is lost.

Loving mercy in Christ amidst restrained but soon coming wrath from Christ is the good news of the Gospel. John 3:16-19.

Jesus answered her, "If you knew the gift of God, and who it is that is saying to you, 'Give me a drink,' you would have asked him, and he would have given you living water." - John 4:10

when the Lord Jesus is revealed from heaven with his mighty angels In flaming fire, inflicting vengeance on those who do not know God and on those who do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus. - 2 Thessalonians 1:7-8

“I baptize you with water for repentance, but he who is coming after me is mightier than I, whose sandals I am not worthy to carry. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire.
His winnowing fork is in his hand, and he will clear his threshing floor and gather his wheat into the barn, but the chaff he will burn with unquenchable fire." - Matthew 3:11-12

2019/9/2 19:00Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy