Discussion Forum : General Topics : Affirm Christ Living in You - Derek Prince

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
BranchinVINE

Australia

Re:

Hi Vern,

Because of my own previous encounter with a “word of faith” preacher, I want to be cautious with this “word of faith” preaching.

I affirm the name of Jesus and my salvation and position in Him all the time.

Ps. 20:5 –
We will rejoice in your salvation,
And in the name of our God we will set up our banners!

Ps. 71:15-16 –
My mouth shall tell of Your righteousness
And of Your salvation all day long;
For I do not know the sum of them.
I will come with the mighty deeds of the Lord GOD;
I will make mention of Your righteousness, Yours alone.

Ps. 113:3 –
From the rising of the sun to its setting
The name of the LORD is to be praised.

Ps. 145:1-2 –
I will exalt You, my God and King;
I will bless Your name forever and ever.
Every day I will bless You,
And I will praise Your name forever and ever.

We just must not glory in “our speaking” but in Jesus’ name only.

Ps. 115:1 –
Not to us, O LORD, not to us,
But to Your name give glory
Because of Your lovingkindness, because of Your truth.

As Peter said after he healed the lame beggar:

Acts 3:11-12 –
While he was clinging to Peter and John, all the people ran together to them at the so-called portico of Solomon, full of amazement. But when Peter saw this, he replied to the people, "Men of Israel, why are you amazed at this, or why do you gaze at us, as if by our own power or piety we had made him walk?

Verse 16 –
And on the basis of faith in His name, it is the name of Jesus which has strengthened this man whom you see and know; and the faith which comes through Him has given him this perfect health in the presence of you all.

Blessings

2019/8/28 5:11Profile
docs

Re: Beyond "technique"

"In God's plan of salvation, faith is linked directly to confession. "Confession" (or "profession") means that we systematically make the words of our mouth agree with the written word of God. This requires continuing self-discipline. In each situation that confronts us we refuse to be swayed by our feelings or our senses, but we resolutely affirm what Scripture has to say about such a situation. At first there may be struggle and tension, but ultimately the word of God becomes indelibly imprinted on pour heart, and thereafter it flows out naturally through our mouth."

"We must be careful that the practice of confession does not degenerate into a mere "technique." The following are five practical safeguards."

(1) We must begin by renouncing our own will and submitting to God's.

(2) We must keep our confession based strictly on Scripture.

(3) We must continually be led by the Holy Spirit.

(4) We must always rely on God's supernatural grace, never merely on our own natural ability.

(5) Where there is a conflict between our senses and God's word, we must take the same stand as Abraham: conditions revealed by our senses are real but not final.

"As we progressively apply the right confession to every areas of our lives, we move forward into an ever fuller expression of "salvation" - that is, God's total provision obtained for us by the death of Christ."

"Right confession links us directly to Christ as our high priest in God's presence, and invokes on our behalf His unchanging faithfulness, wisdom and power."

(From "Faith To Live By" - by Derek Prince. Copyright 1977. Ch 7 - "Faith Must Be Confessed")

2019/8/28 5:36Profile
BranchinVINE

Australia

Re:

David,

Where in the Bible are all that written?

Blessings

2019/8/28 5:49Profile
BranchinVINE

Australia

Re:

Quote:
"In God's plan of salvation, faith is linked directly to confession. "Confession" (or "profession") means that we systematically make the words of our mouth agree with the written word of God. This requires continuing self-discipline. In each situation that confronts us we refuse to be swayed by our feelings or our senses, but we resolutely affirm what Scripture has to say about such a situation. At first there may be struggle and tension, but ultimately the word of God becomes indelibly imprinted on pour heart, and thereafter it flows out naturally through our mouth."

This is what the Bible says:

We have come to Jesus the Mediator of the NEW COVENANT.

Heb. 12:22-24 –
But you have come to Mount Zion and to the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to myriads of angels, to the general assembly and church of the firstborn who are enrolled in heaven, and to God, the Judge of all, and to the spirits of the righteous made perfect, AND TO JESUS, THE MEDIATOR OF A NEW COVENANT, and to the sprinkled blood, which speaks better than the blood of Abel.

Like Isaac, we are children of the promise.

Gal. 4:28 –
And you brethren, like Isaac, are children of promise.

Gal. 3:29 (KJV) –
And if you are Christ’s, then you are Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise.

In the New Covenant, God gives us a new heart and a new spirit and puts His laws into our minds and writes them upon our hearts.

Ezek. 36:26-27(KJV) –
I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you; I will take the heart of stone out of your flesh and give you a heart of flesh.
And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

Heb. 8:10 (KJV) –
For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, says the LORD: I will put My laws in their mind and write them on their hearts; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people.

2 Cor. 3:3 –
being manifested that you are a letter of Christ, cared for by us, written not with ink but with the Spirit of the living God, not on tablets of stone but on tablets of human hearts.

2 Cor. 3:5-6 –
Not that we are adequate in ourselves to consider anything as coming from ourselves, but our adequacy is from God, who also made us adequate as servants of a new covenant, not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.

We are God’s workmanship (Eph. 2:10), not our own.

Isa. 64:8 –
But now, O LORD, You are our Father,
We are the clay, and You our potter;
And all of us are the work of Your hand.

Zech. 4:6 –
'Not by might nor by power, but by My Spirit,' says the LORD of hosts.

The New Covenant is everlasting and unbreakable.

Ps. Ps.105:8 –
He remembers His covenant forever……

Ps. 89:28 (ESV) –
My steadfast love I will keep for him forever,
and my covenant will stand firm for him.

Ps. 89:34 –
My covenant I will not violate,
Nor will I alter the utterance of My lips.

Isa. 54:10 –
For the mountains may be removed and the hills may shake,
But My lovingkindness will not be removed from you,
And My covenant of peace will not be shaken,"
Says the LORD who has compassion on you.

THE SACRIFICE OF PRAISE – THE FRUIT OF LIPS THAT CONFESS HIS NAME

Heb. 13:14 –

NASB:
Through Him then, let us continually offer up a sacrifice of praise to God, that is, the fruit of lips that give thanks to (margin note: Lit. confess) His name.

CSB:
Therefore, through him let us continually offer up to God a sacrifice of praise, that is, the fruit of lips that confess his name.

2019/8/29 2:51Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy