SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : How many people have read the bible from cover to cover ?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
MrBillPro

Texas

Re: Greg

Quote:
Brother Greg
This is a good point brother, I believe all believers who have access to the entire bible should make it an effort to try their best to read the entire bible at least once.

If they can read, my problem in "any" readings is I can't read for long, and I get so tired I can't hardly keep my eyes open, maybe 10 minutes. :-(

2019/8/23 9:18Profile
twayneb

Joplin, Missouri

Re: How many people have read the bible from cover to cover ?

If you want to read cover to cover, I ran across a plan that I really liked. Instead of giving you a daily assignment, it was simply a chart listing each book and each chapter. For example, Ephesians 1, 2, 3, 4, etc.

As you read a chapter, you just check it off. You can visually see your progress this way and you can read different amounts of scripture on different days without feeling trapped in a plan and falling behind. It actually motivated me to read extra beyond what a daily plan would have, and prevented "guilt" if my life got crazy.

2019/8/23 10:31Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re: How many people have read the bible from cover to cover ?

There is one thing I cannot do and that is to start reading in Genesis and keep reading until I finish in Revelation. Recently I was listening to Amir Tsarfati who encouraged people to do this so I started, got a ways and then got stuck. I gave up.

I was trained to read the Bible using the Inductive Method and it serves me well. Today, I will read a while and then get stuck with profound inspiration and I stop then and there. I meditate on it, allowing it to thrill me, to teach me, always in awe at the awesomeness of who God is and what he has done.

I do have favorite books that I have read many times, like Ecclesiastes and Revelation. I read to learn to know God and allow it to shape me, my mind, how I think and respond, but always finding myself very needy.

Sandra

2019/8/27 18:57Profile
twayneb

Joplin, Missouri

Re:

Sandra: I agree. The point of reading and studying is for God to use that word to transform our lives. Never let your reading plan be so inflexible that you ignore the Holy Spirit telling you to camp out for a while on a particular passage or follow a thought through scripture.

One thing I have tried is to find a chronological reading plan that puts the Bible in order chapter by chapter. So the historical books of Kings and Chronicles for example would be read mixed with the writings of the prophets that go along with the timing of those books. It is a very cool way to read as well.

That is what is so good about the internet. Plans like that are out there as well.

2019/8/27 21:54Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy