SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : A Call to Faith – Sermon by David Wilkerson

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
BranchinVINE

Australia

A Call to Faith – Sermon by David Wilkerson

A Call to Faith by David Wilkerson:

http://ia800501.us.archive.org/17/items/SERMONINDEX_SID16331/SID16331.mp3

2019/8/19 4:04Profile
BranchinVINE

Australia

Sermon by David Wilkerson:

Binding God to His Own Word

http://ia802905.us.archive.org/26/items/SERMONINDEX_SID14750/SID14750.mp3

“Description: February 11, 2007 - We are invited to come boldly to the Throne of Grace, "Christ Possessed", knowing He is Our Father and He is also our King. When God speaks and makes a decree He speaks by His Living Word and He is Bound to His own promises and divine purposes. We cannot go into God's presence without a promise from His Word. When God speaks a word to you don't consult with your flesh and don't allow your feelings of unworthiness to effect your prayers. We are to come boldly with a fixed position, believing the truth and power of His Word. We do not try to persuade God, but rather are fully persuaded with a fixed position to the faithfulness of His Word.”

2019/8/19 10:08Profile
BranchinVINE

Australia

Re: Faith in God’s Word by T. Austin Sparks

Extract from “Nehemiah – A Living Message for God’s People Today” by T. Austin Sparks:

FAITH IN GOD'S WORD

"Remember, I beseech Thee, the word that Thou commandest Thy servant Moses, saying, 'If ye trespass, I will scatter you abroad among the peoples: but if ye return unto Me, and keep My commandments and do them... yet will I gather them... bring them unto the place that I have chosen, to cause My name to dwell there"' (Neh. 1:8, 9). What I saw in this word was faith, because it is bringing God's Word as the basis, taking up a position in God's Word and saying: 'I believe that, I stand on that'. You find so often that is the ground of effectual prayer.

I was impressed the other day in reading Psalm 119, and underlined the occurrence of that phrase: "according to Thy word". "Quicken Thou me according to Thy word"; "Strengthen Thou me according to Thy word"; and so on. David was pleading with God on the ground of His Word, and fastening his faith in God. God and His Word are alike, they are immutable; they are unchangeable; they are established and faithful, and if we can come with the Word of God under our feet, we have a ground of confidence; the ground of a sure faith, and it would be a very good thing for us to be more exercised along that line - "Quicken Thou me according to Thy word". That is faith in God's Word; the Lord honours that, and when we come to Him we should have a ground of confidence.

Now Nehemiah is simply bringing the Lord to His own Word, and oh, how true it was to the Word of God! Turn to Isaiah 58. Now Isaiah lived long before Nehemiah's day (the arrangement of books, of course, may throw you out in that, but he was long before Nehemiah's time) and Isaiah spoke this word: "If thou take away from the midst of thee the yoke, the putting forth of the finger... If thou turn away thy foot from the sabbath, from doing thy pleasure on My holy day", etc. Then what? "... thou shalt be called, The repairer of the breach, The restorer of paths to dwell in". That is Nehemiah. Well, Nehemiah brought the Lord to His Word, and the Lord actually fulfilled Isaiah 58, through Nehemiah. You see that is the ground, pleading the Word in faith.

2019/8/19 10:10Profile
BranchinVINE

Australia

Re:

SCRIPTURE
=========

2 Cor. 1:20 (AMP) - For as many as are the promises of God, in Christ they are [all answered] “Yes.” So through Him we say our “Amen” to the glory of God.

GOD’S PROMISES TO US IN CHRIST

2 Thess. 2:14 –
But we should always give thanks to God for you, brethren beloved by the Lord, because God has chosen you from the beginning for salvation through sanctification by the Spirit and faith in the truth. It was for this He called you through our gospel, that you may gain the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ.

John 17:22-26 –
The glory which You have given Me I have given to them, that they may be one, just as We are one; I in them and You in Me, that they may be perfected in unity, so that the world may know that You sent Me, and loved them, even as You have loved Me. Father, I desire that they also, whom You have given Me, be with Me where I am, so that they may see My glory which You have given Me, for You loved Me before the foundation of the world.
“O righteous Father, although the world has not known You, yet I have known You; and these have known that You sent Me; and I have made Your name known to them, and will make it known, so that the love with which You loved Me may be in them, and I in them.”

Col. 1:27 –
………Christ in you, the hope of glory

1 Cor 1:30 –
But by His doing you are in Christ Jesus, who became to us wisdom from God, and righteousness and sanctification, and redemption,

John 3:16 –
For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life.

1 John 5:11-12 –
And the testimony is this, that God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. He who has the Son has the life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have the life.

John 6:40 –
For this is the will of My Father, that everyone who beholds the Son and believes in Him will have eternal life, and I Myself will raise him up on the last day.

John 1:12 –
But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, even to those who believe in His name

Eph. 3:17-19 –
……that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith……that you may be filled up to all the fulness of God

John 1:16 –
For of His fullness we have all received, and grace upon grace.

John 6:35 –
Jesus said to them, “I am the bread of life; he who comes to Me will not hunger, and he who believes in Me will never thirst.

John 8:12 –
Then Jesus again spoke to them, saying, “I am the Light of the world; he who follows Me will not walk in the darkness, but will have the Light of life

John 10:11 –
I am the good shepherd; the good shepherd lays down His life for the sheep.

John 11:25-26 –
Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life; he who believes in Me will live even if he dies, and everyone who lives and believes in Me will never die. Do you believe this?”

John 14:6 –
Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me.

John 14:16-20 –
I will ask the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may be with you forever; that is the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it does not see Him or know Him, but you know Him because He abides with you and will be in you.
“I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you. After a little while the world will no longer see Me, but you will see Me; because I live, you will live also. In that day you will know that I am in My Father, and you in Me, and I in you.

John 145:58 —
I am the vine, you are the branches; he who abides in Me and I in him, he bears much fruit, for apart from Me you can do nothing.

John14:33 –
Peace I leave with you; My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Do not let your heart be troubled, nor let it be fearful.

The riches of Christ are unfathomable (Eph. 3:8).

1 John 3:22-23 –
and whatever we ask we receive from Him, because we keep His commandments and do the things that are pleasing in His sight.
This is His commandment, that we believe in the name of His Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, just as He commanded us.

JESUS, THE GREAT I AM

Ex. 3:13-14 –
Then Moses said to God, “Behold, I am going to the sons of Israel, and I will say to them, ‘The God of your fathers has sent me to you.’ Now they may say to me, ‘What is His name?’ What shall I say to them?” God said to Moses, “I AM WHO I AM”; and He said, “Thus you shall say to the sons of Israel, ‘I AM has sent me to you.’”

John 8:58 –
Jesus said to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was born, I AM.”

John 8:24 (ISV)—
That is why I told you that you will die in your sins, for unless you believe that I AM, you'll die in your sins.

2019/8/19 10:13Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy