SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : Books and verses that are not preached from in church

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Books and verses that are not preached from in church

Most churches tend to either preach from the letters of Paul, acts and do not tend to touch the Torah or the old testament prophets

Jer 5:31 The prophets prophesy falsely, and the priests bear rule by their means; and my people love to have it so: and what will ye do in the end thereof?

The tendency to preach from what one knows going through the book of ezekial or maybe the book of Deuteronomy or Leviticus in church is almost unheard of as it does happen

So many preachers have preached though Romans but few through books like Obadiah

2019/8/3 8:15Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re: Books and verses that are not preached from in church

A number of years ago one of our pastors preached through the book of Judges. This was one fascinating study. He used these stories to illustrate a Biblical truth, the lessons these stories teach us about life and our relationship with God. Back in the 1960s when I went to Rosedale I took Character Study, a subject that focused on an OT character. Very fascinating and insightful and inspiring. I find the OT very interesting -love God's stories!

Sandra

2019/9/21 13:23Profile
staff

Re: Books and verses that are not preached from in church

The Book of Revelation is seldom preached and its hypocritical as we use the word Hallelujah all the time a word I believe that can only found in Revelation.Jesus or the Apostles werent afraid of eschatology.A friend of mine a leader said that it caused division.I found that amazing that the word of God would not be preached because it caused division and obviously I told him so

2019/9/21 18:43Profile
CofG

Cambodia

Re:

With the Lord, a thousand years is like a day. Thus, when He spoke in the “OT”, it was a couple of days ago. Who could not be enthralled and fearful of what God said this past week. The Word of God is never old.

2019/9/21 21:32Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy