SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Joshua Harris Announces He is Not A Christian

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
savannah

Re: Sampson

"But it's not for me", says Sampson.

But that's not the end of the quote by Sampson.

After Sampson says "But it's not for me", he follows with these words, "I am not in anymore."

------------

Re: God's salvation

Apparently Sampson knew nothing of the salvation which is the working of His Mighty power,and by His grace alone, from beginning to end.

Consider this;

The disciples asked Jesus,

"Who then can be saved?"

Jesus replied,

"With men it is impossible, but with God nothing is impossible."

Q. Why am I still in?

A. But BY HIS DOING YOU ARE IN Christ Jesus, who became to us wisdom from God, and righteousness and sanctification, and redemption. 1 Cor. 1:30

Thanks be to God and Glory be to His Name Alone.

2019/8/14 22:16Profile
BranchinVINE

Australia

Re:

Quote:
Don Currin wrote this in response I thought it was worth re-posting:

CONSIDER YOURSELF

What untold grief and disappointment to learn that this week, Josh Harris, renounced Christianity for another life. I for one am very disheartened by the report. But in light of this heart wrenching news, let me encourage you, above all that you are thinking, to consider yourself.

Do not think for a moment that such a fate could not happen to you. As sincere as our love for Christ is at the moment, and as devoted to His glory as we are at times, never assume that you are beyond the reach of Satanic aggression.
Pray for Josh Harris. Pray for friends who have drifted away from the faith. Seek to reconcile in love those who drift. But above everything, consider yourself, lest you also be tempted.

Years ago, in my ignorance and pride I laughingly boasted in the presence of a friend that I would never be guilty of a certain moral perversion. His response was not laughter. He looked at me with the most intense sobriety and simply said, "Don't ever say that." Since then, his brief admonition has served to motivate me to consider myself.

Quote:
1Co 10:12 KJV Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall.

I think as don Curtin says it could happen to any of us and
I think it was Denny Kensington who said the greatest deception is self deception

Amen.

---------------

THE GREAT FALLING AWAY

2 Tim. 1:15 – You are aware of the fact that all who are in Asia turned away from me……

2 Tim. 4:11 – Only Luke is with me

2 Tim. 4:16 – At my first defense no one supported me, but all deserted me……

---------------

THOUGHT:

My desire for myself is that my faith will not one day sink into the quicksand of mere head knowledge and futile human confidence and power, but that I will always be firmly anchored in Christ who alone is the Mighty Solid Rock in whom I will not be shaken, that I always will be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus (2 Tim. 2:1), that my eyes will always be fixed on the Lord Jesus (Heb12:1-2) who will “rescue me from every evil deed, and bring me safely to His heavenly kingdom; to Him be the glory forever and ever Amen” (2 Tim. 4:18).

Faithful is He who has promised (Heb. 11:11).

Jude 1:24-25 –
Now to Him who is able to keep you from stumbling, and to make you stand in the presence of His glory blameless with great joy, to the only God our Savior, through Jesus Christ our Lord, be glory, majesty, dominion and authority, before all time and now and forever. Amen.

2019/8/15 0:12Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy