SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : The Brokenness of the Self Life

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
AbideinHim

Louisiana

The Brokenness of the Self Life

We have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us. (2 Corinthians 4:7 NIV)

All God’s purpose, all that God means for us on that other side of the Cross in union with Christ risen and exalted absolutely demands brokenness, complete brokenness, in all those concerned. Not just the brokenness of their pictures and outward hopes, but an inward brokenness. “We have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the exceeding greatness of the power may be of God, and not from ourselves” (2 Cor. 4:7). The self-hood broken, broken vessels for heavenly eternal fullness.

The Cross is necessary for our breaking. It is not a pleasant note, I know, but in all faithfulness it must be said. This is the Lord’s word to you: that if you are not broken by the Cross, if you have not gone through an experience of real brokenness under the hand of God, all that the Lord means in you and through you will still be suspended, it will be impossible. If the Cross means one thing, it does mean that the Cross is the way to the glory and to heavenly fullness. It is the way of an inward breaking. Let me be very precise, because I know of different kinds of brokenness. I know the brokenness of disappointments, of disappointed hopes and expectations, but the kind of brokenness I am talking about is the brokenness of the self-hood, the strength of Self that holds its position and holds its ground and that will not let go. That is the kind of brokenness. This self-strength, whether it be intellectual and mental or whether it be emotional or whether it be in the will, that strength of the natural life has got to be broken as truly as the sinew of Jacob’s thigh had to be touched and withered. Something like that has to happen in us that we carry through the rest of our days. God has done something in the realm of our self-hood and we are broken men and women so far as self-sufficiency, self-assertiveness, self-confidence and every other form of Self is concerned. It must be.

By T. Austin-Sparks from: The Testimony of the Christ - Chapter 9

2019/7/27 8:02Profile
JFW

Dothan, Alabama

Re: The Brokenness of the Self Life

AMEN!!!!
This is the truth that confronts, arrests, and scatters all that is vain and prideful- revealing the efforts of mans flesh totally incapable of pleasing God.

“And whosoever shall fall on this stone shall be broken: but on whomsoever it shall fall, it will grind him to powder.”

2019/7/27 8:47Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re:

AMPC “I assure you, most solemnly I tell you, Unless a grain of wheat falls into the earth and dies, it remains [just one grain; it never becomes more but lives] by itself alone. But if it dies, it produces many others and yields a rich harvest. “ (John 22:24)

“And while he was in Bethany in the house of Simon the leper, as he sat at meat, there came a woman having an alabaster cruse of ointment of pure nard very costly; and'she brake the cruse, and poured it over his head.”
(Mark 14:3)

The anointing of the Holy Spirit is released only through broken vessels.

2019/7/27 9:35Profile

"And He was saying to them all, “If anyone wishes to come after Me, he must DENY HIMSELF, and TAKE UP HIS CROSS DAILY and follow Me. 24“For whoever wishes to save his life will lose it, but whoever LOSES HIS (SELF-)LIFE for My sake, he is the one who will save it." Luke 9:23-24 NASB

"Have this attitude in yourselves which was also in Christ Jesus, who, although He existed in the form of God, did not regard equality with God a thing to be grasped, but EMPTIED HIMSELF, taking the form of a bond-servant, and being made in the likeness of men. Being found in appearance as a man, He HUMBLED HIMSELF by BECOMING OBEDIENT TO THE POINT OF DEATH, even death on a cross." Philippians 2:5-8 NASB

Brethren, let us not simply quote the words; but, live them out, allowing God to completely break us for His purposes! I pray you have found the reality of His life increasing and abounding, as you pick up your crosses and humble yourselves, as I have through the years of being known by Him. For years, I have continually implored our Lord to completely eradicate my personal will and desires, along with crucifying my flesh through His Spirit's life-giving, Law-fulfilling power and guidance.

I draw your attention to the fact we are to pick up and carry our crosses, being led to our own "self-deaths," DAILY - not just once for all time. The disciplining work of God never completely finishes, until we are with Him...

Stay humbly submitted and let God do His complete work in you, brethren. Learn to walk in the peaceful fruit of righteousness, which only comes after the painful death of self. (see Hebrews 12:7-11 NASB) Amen and amen!

2019/7/27 15:32
EAGLEFLYING

Amen and Amen..
The Cross is necessary for our breaking. It is not a pleasant note, I know, but in all faithfulness it must be said. This is the Lord’s word to you: that if you are not broken by the Cross, if you have not gone through an experience of real brokenness under the hand of God, all that the Lord means in you and through you will still be suspended, it will be impossible. If the Cross means one thing, it does mean that the Cross is the way to the glory and to heavenly fullness.

May He break us in the right places and continue and pour us out to help others broken in JESUS name..
Thank u for this post.. excellent reminder of who its about.. and its not about us its about HIM.. in us..
In christ
Sister Frannie

2019/7/28 16:19Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy