SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : In the closing years of Derek Prince's life

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
docs

In the closing years of Derek Prince's life

In the closing years of his long and extraordinary life, Derek Prince lamented more than once what he saw as a decline in bold preaching focused on the cross. He saw Jesus' sacrifice as central to every aspect of the Christian life. In fact, to a group of ministry supporters and friends he once wrote:

"Anywhere I go, if I have the chance and opportunity to deal seriously with a group of people, it is my committed intention always to begin with the cross.

And I would like to say to those of you who are preachers and ministers, do not ever leave the cross out of your preaching. When you do, you are like the drill sergeant giving excellent orders to people without the power to carry them out. That power only comes from the cross.

In my preaching I remember the words of Paul in I Corinthians II. 'I determined not to know anything among you except Jesus Christ and Him crucified...My speech and my preaching were not in persuasive words of human wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and power."

(The editors of Chosen Books - from Intro to "Bought With Blood: The Divine Exchange at the Cross - by Derek Prince. Copyright 2000)

2019/7/24 19:56Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re: In the closing years of Derek Prince's life

Quote:
And I would like to say to those of you who are preachers and ministers, do not ever leave the cross out of your preaching. When you do, you are like the drill sergeant giving excellent orders to people without the power to carry them out. That power only comes from the cross.

Amen all life and godliness flows from the cross. Our victory and triumph over evil rests in the cross.

The only thing I would add us in Christ's very person and resurrection we find the life of the Holy Spirit also.

I believe though that is clarified later in the above article when it says "I determined not to know anything among you except Jesus Christ and Him crucified". JESUS (His person) and Him CRUCIFIED.

2019/7/25 5:28Profile
rufnrust

Indiana

Amen.
A great book by Derek Prince. I remember years ago hearing a preacher say, 'in our search for the 'deep' things of God, don't forget that it doesn't get deeper than the cross'

Rusty

2019/7/25 10:46Profile
EAGLEFLYING

Amen.. I always admired Derek Prince and His conversion to the LORD.. I agree with this.. What is the message of the cross?? TO me its Mercy.. The man on the left said no to JESUS the man on the right repented the last minute.. And JeSUS said He would be in paradise...
This encourages me so so much because without His Mercy we would not be here.. Yes the message of Christianity is the cross I believe.. I do pray for this to be the center for us to remember.. Without His Mercy we would be dust.
Psalm 103-
17 But the mercy of the Lord is from everlasting to everlasting upon them that fear him, and his righteousness unto children's children;

18 To such as keep his covenant, and to those that remember his commandments to do them.

This is just my interpretation as an intercessor for Him..
In Christ
Sister Frannie

2019/7/28 16:15Profile
word_of_god_

Re:

Another thing about Derek prince I think I’ve observed in his last days, was his topic seemed to turn to love, he seemed to start preaching more on the love of god in his later years. It seems this happens to most men of God that grow old, love seems to become the main focus.

2019/7/29 23:07Profile
docs

Re:

You are correct I think.

2019/7/30 6:50Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re:

Derek Prince has always been one of the most balanced teachers that I have had the privilege to listen to over the last few decades.

David Wilkerson’s ministry in the 70’s and 80’s was primarily on repentance and the judgement of God. Over the years he never changed his message, but you could see the shift in the later years to emphasizing more of the mercy and grace of God, and the Lord’s heart for Christians to be delivered from the bondage of besetting sin.

2019/7/30 11:27Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy