SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : The Fear of God Has Been Lost (Compilation)

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 The Fear of God Has Been Lost (Compilation)

The fear of God has been lost in the Church. This compilation features six well known godly preachers of the last 50 years who give the warning cry of the loss of the fear of God.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=su6VYvQN1Zk

Do share your comments here about the video.

2019/7/23 13:17Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re: The Fear of God Has Been Lost (Compilation)

When my wife saw this a couple of years ago she said it really shook her.

The average Christian would be “turned off” by this video. I think that is the effect it has- it either turns you on or turns you off. There is no middle ground.

2019/7/23 15:08Profile
Elibeth

Re:”
“The Fear of The Lord Has Been lost”

“WAKE UP” statements,in this compilation ....truly needful in our day ? !!
—-
Psalms 119:120,
“My flesh trembleth for fear of thee; and I am afraid of thy judgments.”

Isa.66:1-2,
“ Thus saith the LORD, The heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool: where is the house that ye build unto me? and where is the place of my rest?”

2 “For all those things hath mine hand made, and all those things have been, saith the LORD: but to this man will I look, even to him that is poor and of a contrite spirit, and trembleth at my word.”

Thank you,bro. Greg,
—————
elizabeth

2019/7/23 17:09Profile
JFW

Dothan, Alabama

2 Corinthians 5:
10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.
11 Knowing therefore the terror of the Lord, we persuade men;

Personally, it seems that the absence of this type of preaching is what helped to produce an environment where a deficient (half-truth) gospel could flourish....
A half truth gospel (seed) produces a half saved people (fruit).

The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.

2019/7/24 6:58Profile
TrueWitness

Unfortunately, I feel that the recovered truth of justification by faith and not works when held onto in isolation from all the other truths of the Bible has led us to the easy believism and shallow Christianity that is ubiquitous in this country. Too many people are only interested in getting their ticket to heaven punched and they'll take a pass on anything that looks like discipleship or carrying a cross. They don't understand that confessing "Jesus is Lord" doesn't just mean Jesus is God (which is true) but that Jesus is supreme Boss and Master. And not just Boss and Master in general but MY Boss and Master. Submission and surrender to the supreme Leader goes hand-in-hand with receiving all the wonderful benefits of salvation. And so many preachers and pastors are too eager to present a one-sided gospel message because it does result in larger congregations and so they feel that God is at work, look at the results. The Bible describes the scene when these tares get the shock of their lives when they see Jesus face to face:

25 When once the Master of the house has risen up and shut the door, and you begin to stand outside and knock at the door, saying, ‘Lord, Lord, open for us,’ and He will answer and say to you, ‘I do not know you, where you are from,’ 26 then you will begin to say, ‘We ate and drank in Your presence, and You taught in our streets.’ 27 But He will say, ‘I tell you I do not know you, where you are from. Depart from Me, all you workers of iniquity.’ 28 There will be weeping and gnashing of teeth, when you see Abraham and Isaac and Jacob and all the prophets in the kingdom of God, and yourselves thrust out.
Luke 13:25-28

It is true that we are justified by faith and not works but after having been saved by grace let us not look at good works as something to be avoided. We shun sin and engage in good works because 1) it is what our new nature is about as we are in the process of being conformed to the image of Jesus and 2) it shows respect and reverence to our Lord. Jesus died to not only forgive us sin but deliver us from its servitude and power.

Tragically so many people are so focused on the mechanics of salvation and not that interested in having a relationship with Jesus. The most sold-out to God Christians I have ever met were ones who came from lives of utter rebellion against God and authority in general. They hit rock bottom and in their despair they cried out to God and He heard them and saved them. Their lives were transformed radically from darkness to light and these souls tasted the exquisite beauty of living with the Savior in love and trust. They were forgiven much (and they knew it) and so they loved (Jesus) much. If we will see that the most important thing in life is RELATIONSHIP, first with God and then with others, you don't need to strain so much on the rules because your behavior will already be set on a good trajectory.

-Daniel

2019/7/24 8:57Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

9,942 views on the video: The Fear of God Has Been Lost (Compilation). so far! keep sharing it saints:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=su6VYvQN1Zk

2019/7/24 9:58Profile
Elibeth

Re:

Psalm 31:19,

“ Oh how great is thy goodness, which thou hast laid up for them that fear thee; which thou hast wrought for them that trust in thee before the sons of men!“
————-
Lk.1:50,
“And his mercy is on them that fear him from generation to generation.”
—————-
Lk.12:4-5,
“ And I say unto you my friends, Be not afraid of them that kill the body, and after that have no more that they can do.”

5 “But I will forewarn you whom ye shall fear: Fear him, which after he hath killed hath power to cast into hell; yea, I say unto you, Fear him.”
—————-
Rev.14:7,
“Saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters.”
——————
Thought: ...fear ‘God’ ???
But WHO is God ?,.. who came to Live in our hearts, who set up residence in our heart,... who we have hidden in our hearts, ...(“Thy Word have I hid in my heart, that I sin not against you.)”
....It is, God / The Word / The Holy Spirit-

~~~~~~~~~~~
elizabeth

2019/7/25 10:49Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

The true fear of the Lord doesn’t mean that we walk around expecting God to lower the boom on us if we take a misstep, but if we know the holiness of God, we will walk in the fear of the Lord. The Holy Spirit has been sent to conform us to the image of Christ, becoming more like Christ in all of his nature.

2019/7/25 13:44Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

“Is he a man?” asked Lucy.

“Aslan a man!” said Mr Beaver sternly. Certainly not. I tell you he is King of the wood and the son of the great emperor-beyond-the-sea. Don’t you know who is the King of the Beasts? Aslan is a lion – the Lion, the great lion.”

“ooh!” said Susan, “I’d thought he was a man. Is he – quite safe? I shall feel rather nervous about meeting a lion.”

“That you will, dearie, and no mistake” said Mrs Beaver; “if there’s anyone who can appear before Aslan without their knees knocking, they’re either braver than most or else just silly.”

“Then he isn’t safe?” said Lucy.

“Safe?” said Mr Beaver; “don’t you hear what Mrs Beaver tells you? Who said anything about safe? ‘Course he isn’t safe. But he’s good. He’s the King, I tell you.”

CS Lewis- The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe

2019/7/25 14:11Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Revelation 1:12-18 New International Version (NIV)

12 I turned around to see the voice that was speaking to me. And when I turned I saw seven golden lampstands, 13 and among the lampstands was someone like a son of man,[a] dressed in a robe reaching down to his feet and with a golden sash around his chest. 14 The hair on his head was white like wool, as white as snow, and his eyes were like blazing fire. 15 His feet were like bronze glowing in a furnace, and his voice was like the sound of rushing waters. 16 In his right hand he held seven stars, and coming out of his mouth was a sharp, double-edged sword. His face was like the sun shining in all its brilliance.

17 When I saw him, I fell at his feet as though dead. Then he placed his right hand on me and said: “Do not be afraid. I am the First and the Last. 18 I am the Living One; I was dead, and now look, I am alive for ever and ever! And I hold the keys of death and Hades.

2019/7/26 6:18Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy