SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Who weeps anymore? Leonard Ravenhill...

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
Martyr

United States

Re:

Kurt,

You say in your last post satan is an angel of light. Im not nitpicking by pointing this out. The difference is immense. He disguises himself as an angel of light but his works are always works of death.

2019/7/27 22:10Profile

Re:

"For such men are false apostles, deceitful workers, disguising themselves as apostles of Christ. No wonder, for even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light. Therefore it is not surprising if his servants also disguise themselves as servants of righteousness, whose end will be according to their deeds."
(2 Corinthians 11:13-15 NASB)

Tyler, I thank you for pointing out my omission of critically important words, which was an honest mistake of oversight by memory. I should have looked up the passage, which I've now done, referencing it above. Most certainly, Satan may only POSE as a source of light, in fact being the pure source of darkness he is! I will also correct my previous post and more clearly state the fact he disguises himself.

I feel compelled to add this, from Paul the apostle, related to your reminder and to the discussion which I was responding to earlier:

"But immorality or any impurity or greed must not even be named among you, as is proper among saints; and there must be no filthiness and silly talk, or coarse jesting, which are not fitting, but rather giving of thanks. For this you know with certainty, that no immoral or impure person or covetous man, who is an idolater, has an inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and God. (note: this speaks more to the concerns raised by Alec)

**(now, continuing in the same epistle, to emphasize and support your point, Tyler) "Let no one deceive you with empty words, for because of these things the wrath of God comes upon the sons of disobedience. Therefore do not be partakers with them; for you were formerly darkness, but now you are Light in the Lord; walk as children of Light (for the fruit of the Light consists in all goodness and righteousness and truth), trying to learn what is pleasing to the Lord. Do not participate in the unfruitful deeds of darkness, but instead even expose them; for it is disgraceful even to speak of the things which are done by them in secret. But all things become visible when they are exposed by the light, for everything that becomes visible is light.

For this reason it says,
“Awake, sleeper,
And arise from the dead,
And Christ will shine on you.”

Therefore be careful how you walk, not as unwise men but as wise, making the most of your time, because the days are evil. So then do not be foolish, but understand what the will of the Lord is." (Ephesians 5:3-17 NASB)

Grace to all who have ears to hear and walk by the Spirit of holy Light and Truth!

2019/7/28 0:04

Re:

Alec/CalvaryCom, I would ask you this: Do the letters of the New Testament also strike or (apparently) irritate you as expressions of "pompous religiosity," and/or being too "verbose?" If so, I will gladly accept your labels myself!

I really do consciously, actively, deliberately, and powerfully live and walk by the same Holy Spirit of God and serve the same Jesus as Lord - Who has taken His place to live His life through me - as those who wrote them did. I admit to being deliberately careful to express myself, particularly in writing, with a very spiritual tone and manner. While speaking in real time with a brother about spiritual matters, I may use a bit more modern, common vernacular; yet, always with regular use of biblically-inspired, spiritual phraseology, which reflects the honestly and deeply reverent, joyous, thankful heart and mind God has created and matured in this vessel. Sometimes, the Holy Spirit fills me until overflowing, literally prompting and choosing my words for me, which in live conversation or prayer results in various utterances of encouragement, praise, prophecy, wisdom, knowledge, singing, exhortation, etc. In everyday life, just hanging out or chatting, I think you'd find me to be pretty well spoken; but, not trying to sound overly religious in situations which don't call for it.

**I'll offer these holy exhortations, by way of reminder (and, since they are straight from the Bible, not this vessel's words, I hope you won't find them pompous or too verbose to meditate upon...)

**"Let the word of Christ richly dwell within you, with all wisdom teaching and admonishing one another with psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with thankfulness in your hearts to God. Whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks through Him to God the Father." (Colossians 3:16-17 NASB)

**"...but be filled with the Spirit, speaking to one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody with your heart to the Lord; always giving thanks for all things in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ to God, even the Father; and be subject to one another in the fear of Christ." (Ephesians 5:18-21 NASB)

**"Let your speech always be with grace, as though seasoned with salt, so that you will know how you should respond to each person." (Colossians 4:6 NASB)

I'll admit to being verbose, which is largely due to wanting to express as much relevant truth and applicable experience as possible. However, I realize in a forum setting this will not always interest some - many, perhaps. This is one reason I regularly invite people to communicate outside this setting, potentially allowing for more substantive discussion, fellowship, and/or relationship - without taking more space on here.

All I can say Is I genuinely pray in the Spirit about and during each entry, carefully expressing any and all I sense the Lord would have me add. (In fact, you may not believe it; but, I often cut and/or cancel large sections or entire posts, if I sense it's just not the right timing or expression - honestly!) If you don't want to read things this vessel is inspired to offer, that's certainly your choice. My prayer is those with ears to hear, with like-minded faith and parallel desires to be unified in Christ's Spirit as one body, will find some things of benefit.

2019/7/28 0:18
JFW

Dothan, Alabama

Re: Who weeps anymore? Leonard Ravenhill...

Sister Frannie,

Thank you for sharing this 🙏🏻
Brother Ravenhill has been such a blessing to us, and how God used him (and others) to help awaken us from our slumber of surplus,... we tend to get distracted by the things (cared & concerns) of this world and brothers like this weep at the sight of it- personally I give praise to God for every tear He was able to squeeze out of our dear brother +:)
It was as if brother Lens ministry was an alkalizer to the (worldliness) yeast within the body of Christ,... perhaps it was the saltiness of his tears?
tho in any case he showed me that there was a spirit of travail that was alive and well and quite necessary (for the cause of Christ) tho few will submit to the chastening required and those whom do will rarely be known to the rest of us.
Brother Ravenhill demonstrated a wonderful thing to us, an aspect of Gods character rarely seen, yet Jesus Himself was characterized as a man of sorrows and well aquatinted with grief.

Recently I heard a sermon by brother Akanni, “ Working for God without walking with God” - as you might imagine it was quite sobering and tho the concept wasn’t new (nothing is) like all of his sermons,... I had never heard it put quite like that before and it was a special blessing <\\\><
During this message, brother Ravenhill came to mind and I smiled.... there is no question at all - Leonard Ravenhill walked with God 😇

2019/7/28 5:31Profile

Re:

Quote:
there was a spirit of travail that was alive and well and quite necessary (for the cause of Christ) tho few will submit to the chastening required and those who do will rarely be known to the rest of us...an aspect of Gods character rarely seen, yet Jesus Himself was characterized as a man of sorrows and well aquatinted with grief.

Fletcher, this quoted part of your sharing reminded me of the following:

"He was despised and forsaken of men,
A man of sorrows and acquainted with grief;
And like one from whom men hide their face
He was despised, and we did not esteem Him.
Surely our griefs He Himself bore,
And our sorrows He carried;
Yet we ourselves esteemed Him stricken,
Smitten of God, and afflicted." (Isaiah 53:3-4 NASB)

"In the days of His flesh, He offered up both prayers and supplications with loud crying and tears to the One able to save Him from death, and He was heard because of His piety. Although He was a Son, He learned obedience from the things which He suffered." (Hebrews 5:7-8 NASB)

"It is for discipline that you endure; God deals with you as with sons; for what son is there whom his father does not discipline? But if you are without discipline, of which all have become partakers, then you are illegitimate children and not sons. All discipline for the moment seems not to be joyful, but sorrowful; yet to those who have been trained by it, afterwards it yields the peaceful fruit of righteousness." (Hebrews 12:7-8, 11 NASB)

"...the one who says he abides in Him ought himself to walk in the same manner as He walked." (1 John 2:6 NASB)

I think it's safe to say anyone who truly walks in and with Christ, indwelled by the very Person of Jesus, via His Holy Spirit, will most certainly share - at least to some degree - His burden and desire for His people to be holy. New-natured/supernaturally, this will include some times of Spirit-led, heart-felt, holy travail. This would seem particularly true of anyone God Himself may appoint as a "higher gifted," servant leader, bearing spiritually imparted gifts distributed by the Holy Spirit for the benefit and building up of Christ's true body of believers (see 1 Corinthians 12:27-28, 4-11 NASB). I think this, ultimately, was the point Ravenhill was trying to make; or, can be discerned and drawn from the spirit of his message, anyway.

2019/7/28 7:48

Re:

Quote:
I know so many born again people in my immediate area who lead quiet lives...Until that time I do not despise the suburban families who lead quiet Christian lives. God bless them! We should all be so fortunate.

Bear with me, Alec/CalvaryCom, one more time - if you will - as I feel it's only fair to agree there is potentially a positive side, in and of itself, to this aspect of your point.

Your comment reminded me of this from Paul the apostle:

"First of all, then, I urge that entreaties and prayers, petitions and thanksgivings, be made on behalf of all men, for kings and all who are in authority, so that we may lead a tranquil and quiet life in all godliness and dignity. This is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior...(1 Timothy 2:1-3 NASB)

Being blessed to live a circumstantially peaceful, quiet life - as long as it is genuinely spiritual and godly (Spirit filled and led) - is actually a good thing, to be sure! Yet, within those lives, the same deeply impacting Holy Spirit will most certainly cause at least some to travail in their desire to see God's people become holy, mature, fully consecrated and sanctified, and Spirit unified, thereby shining as true lights in the darkness. All I was trying to say, originally along these lines, is you cannot simply and only judge whether these types of people are genuinely spiritual by their patterns and habits, alone.

2019/7/28 8:20
EAGLEFLYING

Re:

Hello
Thank you for posting.. Yes.. I do believe he walked with GOD. and we should weep for the things today that are being done in the name of the LORD> BUT.. GOD He sees it all and He will have His way..Many I see are not saved in their hearts and they are only saved in their heads.. May our hearts be circumcised by His Holy Spirit.. May we all weep for the things that break His heart in JESUS name.
Bless u
in Christ
Sister Frannie

2019/7/28 15:34Profile
EAGLEFLYING

Re:

AMEN..Those who walk with GOD will sometimes be set apart and that is for a good thing. One of His spiritual sons Steve Hill stated one say that our circles should be as small as a saucer.. AMen and Amen to that..
Bless you for posting.
In Christ
Sister Frannie

2019/7/28 15:37Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

For those of you who have been fortunate enough to fall madly in love with someone, you may remember what that was like. Extreme restlessness, lack of appetite, butterflies, constant thoughts of that person. A fervency, a singular desire to be with that person. However, everyone who has fallen madly in love also knows that the ardor of those early days can not be maintained- we would go crazy! Our love settles down to something deeper and sustainable- at least it should. But, we will have seasons of going back to the feelings of those exciting days of new love.

The aim of great prophetic like Ravenhill, Art Katz, etc is to get those of us who have become lethargic in our relationship with the Lord back to the early days of passion. We need mountain top experiences because, as Oswald Chambers says, we must live in the valley. When I am in the valley I long for the mountain top but it is hard to get up there on our own. We need help, which is where these strong prophetic saints come in. We do indeed live in the valley, but if we never have or don’t desire mountain top experiences something is amiss.

I recently listened to the sermon “Holy Desperation” by Michael Brown. It is one of my go-to sermons for spurring me on. It’s on YouTube- give it a listen.

https://youtu.be/bBeoob10Jts

2019/7/28 15:57Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy