SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Sound doctrine is it promoted in your churches ?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
PosterThread
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Re:

Yes but I didn't think you understood my points as I was more stating that it is to do with what we
I don't know how you came up with the word doctor from the word doctrine and leaven can be used for both good and evil in the new testament

Mat 13:33 Another parable spake he unto them; The kingdom of heaven is like unto leaven, which a woman took, and hid in three measures of meal, till the whole was leavened

Is a positive view of leaven all the other uses are negative

😃😃😃

When we view doctrine we have the apostles doctrine as the Bible was mostly written by the apostles or people who new the apostles
It is not only what Jesus said
Doctrine also covers of how we view man, god, sin and the holy spirit , creation

Doctrine covers all areas of life not simply just what we speak

The other thing I despise is when people put there own experience above god's word.

Psa 138:2 I will worship toward thy holy temple, and praise thy name for thy lovingkindness and for thy truth: for thou hast magnified thy word above all thy name

There are so many wrong views of Jesus , God and other things. Which is idolatry.

Sound doctrine is much more than what simply Jesus taught it is what the Bible teaches .

2019/7/15 18:29Profile
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Re:

Todd have you actually read what I have said do you put experience above the word of God ?
As that would place you in montanism
Provide proof of your claims rather than just making a statement.
If a church was teaching sound doctrine it wouldn't be dead.

2019/7/15 18:33Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Dom-

Half the time I have no idea what you are talking about. Where have I ever said that experience trumps the Word of God? I would never say such a ridiculous thing. I certainly don’t believe that.

My T or F question was not directed to you personally.

But you did indicate that if a church had sound doctrine it could not be dead.

And I would just have to disagree very strongly with that.

PS: doctrine and doctor both have the same root source.

2019/7/15 20:01Profile

Re:

TMK wrote: "There are many thousands of churches that promote sound doctrine as you would define it- for example those in the Southern Baptist Convention (to which the church I attend belongs)."

The Southern Baptist Convention is rife with FREEMASONRY. Notorious Masonic commander Albert Pike made no bones about "the Luciferian spirit" behind it. Sixth degree masons are given the secret name of the "god of all religions" which they say is Yah-Baal-On, a weird amalgam of Yahweh, Baal(-zebub), and Osiris (On is the Egyptian city pertaining to him). And in the southern U.S. the Methodist denominations are also teeming with masons as well.

TMK wrote: "But they are dead or close to dead spiritually- there is little power, little anointing, little preaching with true unction, and very 'safe' worship."

If they do not practice what they preach then God cannot bless it. If they are wearing the fez, Masonic robes and rings, and performing rituals behind the scenes which are contrary to the Gospel, then all of their preaching is in vain. He will not honor the hypocrites. "Like a golden ring in a swine's snout, so is a proverb in the mouth of a fool." A fool is anyone who hears Jesus' sayings, but does not DO them.

TMK wrote: "Note I did not say there is not sound Biblical teaching- there certainly is. But there is little or no anointing/unction. And there is a mountain of a difference."

I know exactly what you're talking about, brother.

TMK wrote: "Which begs the question- if my observation is true, how correct is its doctrine?"

"Though their lips praise Me their hearts are far from Me," our Lord said. A simple, sincere Gospel spoken from a pure heart is far more electrifying than the most scholarly, erudite exposition from an experienced professional clergyman who has rote memorization of Biblical facts and figures, but does not wholeheartedly live by them.

2019/7/15 20:12
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

I have never personally met a Baptist freemason but I’ll take your word for it that they are out there.

2019/7/15 21:22Profile
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Re:

I have not defined the term sound . I have not defined the term.
Freemasonry would be against sound doctrine.
Please actually read my posts before replying to them I went to university in Canterbury. Anyone can do a theology degree a Muslim can do a theology degree , an atheist can do a theology degree and become a vicar in the church of England or Methodist church .

I was using the biblical definition of what sound doctrine is which means that it is contrary to itching ears

2Ti 4:3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;

According to the bible sound doctrine is also a lifestyle

1Ti 1:10 For whoremongers, for them that defile themselves with mankind, for menstealers, for liars, for perjured persons, and if there be any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine

Titus also states that it is a specification for a minister so a pastor if he does not preach sound doctrine should not be in the pulpit

Tit 1:9 Holding fast the faithful word as he hath been taught, that he may be able by sound doctrine both to exhort and to convince the gainsayers.

The thing is that when you are trying to state an argument please do not present a straw man argument or put words in my mouth that I have not said

I was also trying to state that experience in worship or how good a worship band is before a church service does not determine whether a preacher

The thing is to put Christian experience over the fact of god's word can become dangerous
How do you know something is god's presence and not anything else

This is what I find dangerous as an experience can be purely subjective

How can you state that there are thousands of churches that promote sound doctrine when I have simply only defined the term doctrine in the Greek

I would not say the southern Baptist convention holds to a form of sound doctrine have you seen the recent scandals.

I mean elevation church is part of the Baptist group , Stephen furtick is not exactly sound he does not preach sound doctrine

2019/7/16 2:50Profile

Re:

TMK wrote: "I have never personally met a Baptist freemason but I’ll take your word for it that they are out there."

Well, remember, they are a SECRET society. Not really waving it before you. I know many who are. You would probably be shocked if everyone in your church involved in it were to stand up at once and admit it. Many get involved with freemasonry, thinking it is like a union or social club that is good for business (and it is), but the spiritual wickedness behind it is quite real. We've discussed this before on another thread.

2019/7/16 6:36
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Regardless I think it is off the subject of Dom’s OP.

That being said, I am not 100% sure what the point of the OP is.

My point is that a church can have sound doctrine, with no Freemasons or Elks or Lions Clubbers or Rotary Clubbers or anything, and still be a dead church.

Many or most of the churches that seem to be most alive would NOT have sound doctrine as Dom intends that term.

I think the church Dom is looking for may not exist in reality.

2019/7/16 12:32Profile

Re:

I agree with you, TMK.

2019/7/16 13:02
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Re:

Todd maybe you have not read the biblical passage as it is a specific requirement for pastors
It is not in the take it or leave it section

Titus

7 For a bishop must be blameless, as the steward of God; not selfwilled, not soon angry, not given to wine, no striker, not given to filthy lucre;

8 But a lover of hospitality, a lover of good men, sober, just, holy, temperate; note

9 Holding fast the faithful word as he hath been taught, that he may be able by sound doctrine both to exhort and to convince the gainsayers. note

10 For there are many unruly and vain talkers and deceivers, specially they of the circumcision

You can't just immediately dismiss a biblical passage just because you have some idea in your head of what sound doctrine is

Every pastor should teach sound doctrine that is part of what a pastor is

Maybe you are not up-to-date with the apostasy that is going on in the southern Baptist convention

Apostasty in the southern Baptist convention
https://youtu.be/qLMV_6YUWsk

I have given you evidence that there is apostasy in the southern Baptists

When you say there are thousands of churches that have sound doctrine just name one ?

2019/7/16 13:07Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy