SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Sound doctrine is it promoted in your churches ?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
PosterThread
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Sound doctrine is it promoted in your churches ?

1Ti 1:10 For whoremongers, for them that defile themselves with mankind, for menstealers, for liars, for perjured persons, and if there be any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine; View more

2Ti 4:3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; View more

Tit 1:9 Holding fast the faithful word as he hath been taught, that he may be able by sound doctrine both to exhort and to convince the gainsayers. note View more

Tit 2:1 But speak thou the things which become sound doctrine

How many churches actually promote sound doctrine or is it for itching ears

Todd prove it to me as many have doctrinal statements that does not mean they are preaching sound doctrine ?
If you noticed it I actually provided evidence from things like podcasts, what are the most popular christian bestsellers , can you actually provide any evidence as I could even provide evidence from say YouTube aswell

Beth Moore and Ed young jr are southern Baptist and they do not preach sound doctrine

Do you know even what sound doctrine actually is ?

The reason is it is one of the specifications for a pastor, I am not dealing with vague statements here but actual evidence from Christian literature , podcasts and other things to prove that most pastors do not preach sound doctrine ?

2019/7/13 6:06Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re: Sound doctrine is it promoted in your churches ?

There are many thousands of churches that promote sound doctrine as you would define it- for example those in the Southern Baptist Convention (to which the church I attend belongs).

But they are dead or close to dead spiritually- there is little power, little anointing, little preaching with true unction, and very “safe” worship.

Note I did not say there is not sound Biblical teaching- there certainly is. But there is little or no anointing/unction. And there is a mountain of a difference.

Which begs the question- if my observation is true, how correct is it’s doctrine?

2019/7/13 7:18Profile
Elibeth

Re:

Amos8:11-12,
“Behold, the days come, saith the Lord GOD, that I will send a famine in the land, not a famine of bread, nor a thirst for water, but of hearing the words of the LORD:

12 “And they shall wander from sea to sea, and from the north even to the east, they shall run to and fro to seek the word of the LORD, and shall not find it.”

My question is this :
What is going to have to happen to cause people to get sooo desperate for
the ** TRUE Word of God ??

Here is an autio that I have just listened at concerning this....
I have heard the Baptist report, that the young, as well as others are leaving the church,.. just stopping. And this man mentions the young
in this.

What is the problem,... are they giving the people a doctored doctrine ??

“GRAIN FOR THE FAMINE”
By Gbile Akanni

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RoqehE8WL_HKWIgLPYyLpDjbElsyG39G/view

~~~~~~~~~~~~
elizabeth

2019/7/13 9:07Profile
Elibeth

Re:

May I speak boldly,..and plainly...?

There are denominations made up out of a one verses of Scripture,... the whole denomination is built upon that (and I can think of more than one)
Whenever or wherever we see that, our spiritual senses should be alerted.
We should BEWARE.

Because when we are receiving the real and true,.. The whole Word of God will flow together,.. into One.

I say ‘when we are receiving’ ,.. because we are disciples(learners)
always being farther taught,... always putting His yoke upon us and being taught by Him,.. The Spirit of God,.. and not man or tradition.
...receiving the plumb line, so we will know who to follow and who not to follow. ( Jesus said to follow me)
Paul says,....”considering their conversation”

Does that truly make sense ?

~~~~~~~~
elizabeth

2019/7/13 10:06Profile
drifter

Campbell River, B.C.

Re:

I wholeheartedly agree Todd. Where are the churches that when you walk in, you experience the awesome presence of God in worship? When the preacher preaches, it seems as though he is talking to you, and you are convicted of your sins? Where are the churches where you talk to the average member and they are head-over-heels in love with Jesus?

Their doctrinal statements and preaching often line up neatly with scripture but there is a noticeable dearth of spiritual power.

And to try to answer your question, I don't think the doctrine IS correct, because if it was they would get the results scripture promises.

"And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power: That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God." 1 Corinthians 2:4,5

2019/7/13 11:58Profile
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Re:

Chris rosebrough on pirate Christian radio reviews thousands of different sermons from all different churches

The thing is have you got any evidence to back up your claim that thousands of different churches are preaching doctrine without the holy spirit because I could prove to you by the
The bible commands us to preach sound doctrine
I can go through hundread of Christian books such as bestsellers and actually prove the contrary to your statement
Popular christian podcasts
https://podcasts.apple.com/us/genre/podcasts/christianity/id1439he

Eden bestsellers

https://www.eden.co.uk/bestsellers/
southern Baptist convention does not , not unless you count Beth Moore's recent remarks

The southern Baptist convention doctrinally is a mess

2Ti 4:3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears

I would state that most churches are more seeker sensitive where do you get churches actually going verse by verse through scripture or actually going through different doctrines such as the doctrine of sin or the doctrine of God

2019/7/13 13:59Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Dom I have attended many churches with excellent Bible preaching- excellent in that they properly exegete the text etc. I attended a church before We moved where the Pastor took over a year to preach through the gospel of John. He was an excellent Bible teacher.

But I maintain there was little power, few salvations, few backsliders returning and few new people coming in.

I guarantee the doctrine of that church was spot on.

But why such limited results?

2019/7/13 14:22Profile
drifter

Campbell River, B.C.

Re:

All I can say is that almost every church I have been in is as lifeless as a corpse spiritually, and almost every person I meet who calls themselves "christian" can't tell me the basics of christian doctrine, or if they can, they have not had any inward, personal experience of it.

2019/7/13 14:32Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re:

"My message and my preaching were not with persuasive words of wisdom, but with a demonstration of the Spirit’s power, so that your faith would not rest on men’s wisdom, but on God’s power.…" (1 Corinthians 2:4,5).

I am all for sound doctrine, for there is so much being taught today from the pulpits that is blatant error. I agree with Todd and Elizabeth. The gospel is the power of God unto salvation, but are we witnessing this power in most churches today? There are few churches today that are teaching all of the council of God.

You can study almost any true revival where there was a move of the Holy Spirit, and many of the churches that clamor for sound doctrine rejected the move of God because it didn't fit in to the doctrine of their particular denomination.

"Because of your traditions you have destroyed the authority of God's word. And you do many other things like that." (Mark 7:13).

There are also many Pentecostal and Charismatic denominations that seek for signs and wonders, and there is no depth of the Word of God being taught, and so there is very little spiritual growth taking place in these churches.

"Preach the word; be prepared in season and out of season; reprove, rebuke, and encourage with every form of patient instruction. For the time will come when men will not tolerate sound doctrine, but with itching ears they will gather around themselves teachers to suit their own desires." (2 Timothy 4:2,3).

We do need sound doctrine. We need both the Word (the whole Word), and we need the Spirit.

"Who also has made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter kills, but the spirit gives life." (2 Corinthians 3:6).

The Spirit gives life; the flesh counts for nothing. The words I have spoken to you--they are full of the Spirit and life. (John 6:63).

2019/7/13 15:14Profile
narrowpath

Germany NRW

Re: Sound doctrine is it promoted in your churches ?

deleted duplicate

2019/7/13 16:10Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy