SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : The Law of the Spirit Of Life

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
BranchinVINE

Australia

Re:

Quote:
Fletchers point is valid and the issue of long quotes is seen more commonly when this topic is discussed than any other.

This is your opinion, Todd. Has any SI rule been infringed?

Anyway……HOW do you battle?

2019/7/9 11:46Profile
CofG

Cambodia

Re:

There are several things mentioned in Scripture that we do in addition to considering ourselves dead to the power of sin by our crucifixtion to it and the world. Here are a few.

But I discipline my body and keep it under control, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified. - 1 Corinthians 9:27

Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the schemes of the devil. - Ephesians 6:11

For the eyes of the LORD run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to give strong support to those whose heart is blameless toward him. You have done foolishly in this, for from now on you will have wars." - 2 Chronicles 16:9

Only let your manner of life be worthy of the gospel of Christ, so that whether I come and see you or am absent, I may hear of you that you are standing firm in one spirit, with one mind striving side by side for the faith of the gospel, - Philippians 1:27

Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit by itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in me. - John 15:4
If you abide in me, and my words abide in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you. - John 15:7

For this reason I bow my knees before the Father,
from whom every family in heaven and on earth is named,
that according to the riches of his glory he may grant you to be strengthened with power through his Spirit in your inner being,
so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith-that you, being rooted and grounded in love,
may have strength to comprehend with all the saints what is the breadth and length and height and depth,
and to know the love of Christ that surpasses knowledge, that you may be filled with all the fullness of God.
Now to him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, according to the power at work within us, - Ephesians 3:14-20

2019/7/9 12:53Profile
JFW

Dothan, Alabama

Re: opinion

Sister Jade,
When a person claims to be a believer (having Jesus in them) they are called by Jesus to also be a witness and to offer/share their testimony when asked for it.

If a person claims to be a witness to an event they are saying they have a testimony regarding said event -
If in a court of law one was called to testify as a witness and after being questioned, the “witness” responded by quoting someone else giving no personal account of their experience...would that be a valid (admissible) testimony?
Would they be considered a credible witness?

So while there may not be a clear commandment regarding this, it doesn’t mean it is only an opinion....
As there is a clear protocol put forth in scripture for how we are to respond-

Also the truth is not subjective... and although we experience the truth subjectively it is in and of itself objective and is itself not to be put under our subjective/personal experience-
Which is why on matters such as being examined in this thread we must make sure to preserve the objective truth in our discussion lest we fall into a ditch of either deception or disobedience and lose our footing along the narrow way.

2019/7/9 12:58Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re:

Fletcher and Todd,

Watchman Nee is saying that it is impossible for the flesh to crucify the flesh, and when we try to do this we will find ourselves back in Romans 7.

Watchman Nee has the correct interpretation of scripture, and multitudes of Christians have learned the life that wins through getting hold of the teachings of Brother Nee.

Brothers, you would be better off saying that you don’t understand Watchman Nee’s teachings on the overcoming life, than to say that Brother Nee’s interpretation of scripture is wrong, but yours is right concerning the overcoming life.

Brother Nee also has teachings on consecration, and I have read enough of his writings to know that the fault that you say that you are finding in his teaching is not an error at all, but either a lack of knowledge or a misunderstanding on your part of what he is actually teaching.

2019/7/9 16:22Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Mike- I think that is part of the danger because only one side of WN’s teaching is presented as the end-all.

I agree that we can no more crucify ourselves spiritually than we could physically. What we must do however, is carry our cross and this is a daily operation. Nobody can do that for us.

2019/7/9 16:47Profile
Sree

Re:

I do not agree with Watchman Nees writing here as well. I have read few of his books and was blessed by them. But I heard that many of his writings were being changed in new editions by Witness Lee followers. I even heard a very Godly man advice me not to read any recent editions of Watchman Nee and read those published in 1950s.

Nee is wrong, the flesh was never crucified with Christ. Paul is telling that those who sand in Christ have crucified their flesh with its passions and desires. It is current position. It is like Paul saying in Acts 20 that his conscience at that moment is perfectly clear before God and Man but when he rebuked the High Priest, it was not clear, he had to publicly apologize to clear his conscience again!

Same way, everyone who stands or abides in Christ have their flesh crucified at that moment. But crucifixion is not death. No one dies immediately when Crucified. It takes time. So it is a slow death. If we had a strong flesh then our flesh tries to free itself from the cross on which we crucified it a moment back. We have to be ruthless to keep the flesh on the cross continuously.

We need to understand the difference between old man and flesh. Oldman is the guy who we were before we were born again. We had no desire to live for God and was always freely indulging in flesh. The old man was put to death when we were born again and we are born as a new man, who wants to please God. But our flesh still remains evil. That is why we need to keep our flesh continuously crucified on the cross.

The new man has to be strengthened everyday by God's word for it to fight with the flesh. It is Spirit that fights the Flesh not our strength. So the new man has to be strengthened by God's spirit to fight the flesh.

2019/7/9 17:47Profile
BranchinVINE

Australia

Re:

Brother Fletcher,

Quote:
If in a court of law one was called to testify as a witness and after being questioned, the “witness” responded by quoting someone else giving no personal account of their experience...would that be a valid (admissible) testimony?

I am not a lawyer but……don’t both Prosecution and Defence call in “other” witnesses and “expert opinions”?

Quote:
Which is why on matters such as being examined in this thread we must make sure to preserve the objective truth in our discussion lest we fall into a ditch of either deception or disobedience and lose our footing along the narrow way.

So……who decides what is “objective truth”? Have you made yourself Prosecutor, Judge and Jury --- all rolled into one?

Blessings

2019/7/9 20:01Profile
JFW

Dothan, Alabama

Re:

Dear sister,

No offense was intended to you....

Your first question regarding the other witness/expert confuses me...
it literally doesn’t make sense to me in the context that analogy was offered, why one would ask what you did ?
Could you please help me to understand what you are asking?

Regarding your question “who decides what “objective truth” is?”

The answer; God and He chose to express this to us by the record (scriptures) - that is what qualifies it as objective.
This is in contrast to our interpretation/use of scripture which is by definition subjective.

So the quote by Nee that states; “To crucify the self with the strength of the self is an impossible task and can never be done.”
Is itself a misrepresentation of the objective truth of the record of scripture,... this is an objective fact in that the scriptures never command us to attempt that-

2019/7/9 20:39Profile
JFW

Dothan, Alabama

Re: brother Mike

Firstly I love you😇 I truly do and very much appreciate your contributions here on SI as they have been on more than one occasion a blessing to me.
And as stated earlier, the Lord used brother Nee in a wonderful way and continues to get returns on His investment! Praise God! :)))
We are in agreement on this (hopefully)

However just because God uses someone in a mighty way doesn’t mean that person has it all worked out perfectly.... if that’s the measure then what would you say to all the saints God has used in magnificent ways to lead souls to Christ and bring them to full maturity that would straightway be in disagreement with Nee on many issues??
Is it not fair to say that even tho Nee, Spurgeon, Roberts, Wesley, Whitfield, Luther, Calvin, Finney, etc...were used by God to lift up His Son, it was in spite of their failings and not because they had it all figured out?

The point being,... Watchman Nee was/is an amazingly gifted saint and we are all better for his ministry, however Nee (as good as he is) is not scripture and therefore not above being questioned.

Mike honestly, if a young brother came to you and asked how does he practically overcome the flesh in his daily walk and you give him the quotations cited in this thread by Nee- do you honestly believe that will help him or confuse him?

2019/7/9 20:55Profile
BranchinVINE

Australia

Re: brother Fletcher

What Watchman Nee said is another area of discussion.

I was addressing your vehement objection to quoting another writer in responding to a post.

I am not offended. Just disagreeing with you.

2019/7/9 21:07Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy