SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Are you enjoying your heart transplant?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread
Elibeth

Re:

Vern,
God, is The Word,.... The Word is The Lamp unto our feet, ..to guide our feet,..our walk.

God is a Spirit ,...

The Spirit with The Word is The Oil for our Lamps.
~~~~~~~~~~
Now what I promised,..The video ‘s by Gbile Akanni

There is such good instruction for us in them,...

Good ‘helps’ for us all,
(It helps / encourages me, hope it helps others)

10”DYING DAILY “
Gbile Akanni

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWHsAKZqE3M&feature=share

———————
elizabeth

2019/7/5 19:12Profile
cup

I die daily

"I die daily," said Paul, and by that he meant the continuous activity of the Spirit in us to bring forth the kingdom of God, not by our own works or own ideas or even by our own understanding but on Him alone.

Many people continually try to make dying daily about personal holiness that needs to be repeated daily, The "personal holiness" issue is assumed, because Christ Himself is NOW our own "personal holiness." (We do certainly need Him to be that, since we haven't even a molecule of our own!)

Paul is not saying that when he wakes up every morning that he goes through the steps again that brought him to life in union with Christ and the overcoming of sin. That is an already done deal in Paul's eyes. He was not speaking of a way of dying, but a way of living.

2019/7/6 8:27Profile
cup

Victory Does Not Mean That We Are Changed - Watchman Nee

After you have overcome and stopped sinning for a week, two weeks, three weeks, or even four or five weeks, you think that you have become good, that you have changed, and that you have matured. You may begin to appreciate yourself and boast in yourself. Therefore, God will give you a test and make you fail so that you will realize that you have not changed at all. If you can endure anything, it is not because you have changed but because you are exchanged. The Lord has endured in your place. If you think that you are changed, you will surely fail. You have to realize that if there is any endurance in you, it is Christ who is enduring for you. If there is any meekness in you, it is Christ who is being the meek One for you. If there is any holiness in you, it is Christ who is your holiness. No matter how long you have overcome, you are still you; you will always be you, and you will never change. Watchman Nee will always be Watchman Nee. After fifty years, he will still be Watchman Nee. Once grace leaves, the only thing that is left is just Watchman Nee. I thank and praise the Lord that victory is Christ and that it has nothing to do with me. I can still sin; I have not changed at all.

THE MEANING OF THIS LIFE - AN EXCHANGED LIFE, NOT A CHANGED LIFE

Brothers and sisters, victory has to do with an exchanged life, not a changed life. Victory does not mean that one is changed, but rather that one is exchanged. We are very familiar with Galatians 2:20, which says, "I am crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but it is Christ who lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live in faith, the faith in the Son of God." What does this verse mean? It means that our life is exchanged. Our life is no longer in the realm of "I"; it has nothing to do with us anymore. It is not an evil "I" being changed into a good "I," or a filthy "I" being changed into a clean "I." It is to be "no longer I." The greatest mistake we make today is to think that victory involves progress and that defeat involves the absence of progress. This is why we think that everything will be well if we do not lose our temper or if we have an intimate fellowship with God. We think that if we have these things, we will overcome. But we have to remember that victory has nothing to do with us. We play no part in this victory.

2019/7/6 9:33Profile
davidkeel

West Sussex, England

Re:

You're wrong. I have died to my sexual addiction by taking every thought captive until I thoroughly over came the desire. I've been twenty years free from my addictions. And my addictions were massive from child hood.
The reason people tend to go back to sin is they have never died to it. And are waiting for God to come change them by grace. Which is what your teaching is about. Your message is about Christ changing people only. And no message of repentance from us. But Christ told the woman caught in adultery to stop sinning He didn't give her a grace message.

2019/7/6 12:12Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

I agree David- the message of the NT is one of constant vigilance and resistance. We cannot let our guard down for a moment. 1 Peter 5:8, James 4:7.

2019/7/6 13:03Profile
cup

Re: This is the ultimate exchange!

"This is the ultimate exchange! Jesus Christ exchanged His life for our lives. He became one with us in death so we might become one with Him in life. When He died upon the cross, He became sin for us. He actually became us, and thus died as us. He terminated our old life in Adam so that we could have new life in Him. Christ died in your place." Dr. Lewis Gregory

Jesus Christ is NOW my life, my victory, my righteousness, holiness and is now my present sanctification.

Gal 2:20, "I am crucified with Christ: (my old self - the old man - the Adam nature was totally and completely crucified and died with Christ - what was needed to die is now dead and never can be resurrected again) neverthless I live; (I am still here) yet not I, (the Christ infused I because I have been made ONE by God in Christ and no separation exists between us. I am now in reality one with the person of Christ) but Christ liveth in me: (YES! His Life within me is now my real and only life) and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, (HE IS MY LIFE and He is my LIVING CONNECTION to God the father. He is the author - initiator and finisher of my faith - His faith is my faith.) who loved me (and pours out his love on me and within me second by second every day), and gave himself for me. (This is a continually giving of HIMSELF to me in a never ending discovery of HIM inside me that just keeps unfolding and keeps giving)."

2019/7/6 13:16Profile
davidkeel

West Sussex, England

Re:

Thanks Todd.

2019/7/6 13:58Profile
Elibeth

Re: SEE SOMETHING AFRESH...

Something struck me in this man’s speaking / teaching,.. ‘Gbile Akanni’s,by what he said,..

He said:

“I am not interested in giving you information,... I’m interested in you seeing something AFRESH.”

This is the last of the series as for as I know.
And I do not know in what order they were preached / taught-

“NEW CREATION MAN IN MINISTRY “
Gbile Akanni

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXtsdI2_15A&feature=share

~~~~~~~~~~~
elizabeth

2019/7/6 14:52Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy